Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who said "I love you" first? You or your fiancé(e)?

Lynnie, on November 26, 2018 at 10:44 Posted in WeddingWire 0 33

Who was the first one to say those three magic words? With you and your fiancé(e), who said “I love you” first?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: Who's more jealous? You or your fiancé(e)?

Start from the beginning: You or your fiancé(e)? Round two!

33 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on March 20, 2019 at 14:32
  • Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did. He said it was love at first sight. I took longer to convince.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Him. And it was terrifying.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did!

He dropped me off at my house one night after the weekend together (after only 8 weeks) and as I was getting out he causally said "okay, bye I love you" and then went as white as a ghost. It was super awkward but I'd been feeling it lately too so I kinda said it back and slammed the door and ran inside feeling happy, yet awkward.

Because of the easy it all went down, I needed to text him to see if he had actually said it, as I had convinced myself he hadn't and that I heard him wrong, but he responded along the lines of " yes, I said it and I meant it but I didn't want to say it yet because its early and I didn't want to scare you off"

I later discovered that he had been holding back on saying it since week 3, but he also said he knew by the third date
  • E
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Ebony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a hard one
  • E
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Ebony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think he did but he may have a different story lol
  • Cathy
    Beginner August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did, but we both thought it
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first but tried to hide it. Lol and then said it again before I told him I love him
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was me! He said it back soon after tho.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did! I was having a bad day and he was comforting me in bed and then he said it. Then I said it back right away. We both then admit that we had wanted to say it for a very long time lol
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did and it scared the crap outta me! He texted me goodnight and then texted "love you" and I panicked! I called my best friend freaking out and halfway through explaining I realized, "Hey, it's okay, I love him too!"
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually don’t remember 100% but I think it was me and he said it back but honestly who knows. I’m pretty sure if I asked he wouldn’t know either 😂
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first! The day he asked me to be his girlfriend he looked me dead in the eyes with a huge smile on his face and he said "I love you"

I stood there in complete awe and shock.

It took me about a month to say it back.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I said it first. It took him about a month to say it back but I new exactly how he felt.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did after a couple months and I said it right back!

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Daniel said those 3 sweet words first I LOVE YOU and also give me the key to his place after knowing me 3 months

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé was the first one to say it!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me - I had wanted to for months, but I was way too chicken. Then I realized I was going to be drinking on my birthday (not a big drinker so it's always an Event), so I used that as an excuse. Had one drink, acted tipsy, and told him I was in love with him and had been since our second date.

He laughed Smiley amazing

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me... by 8 months!! Haha. He told me he doesn't say it lightly, and when he did, I'd know he meant it 100%. It took him 11 months, but now we're getting married! I guess it worked. Haha.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That was me, I asked him to be my boyfriend, and I said I love you first haha. I told him I refuse to propose because I did all the work at the beginning!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I did
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did. I think it was the second time he slept over and I didn’t actually mean it; he was leaving and I gave him lunch that I made him for work and I said okay bye, love you... and then I immediately felt embarrassment and fear so I’m like I MEAN LIKE HAVE GOOD DAY OR WHATEVER. Yea. He still teases me about it seven years later. I don’t even know why it came out because we had only been dating for like a month and I NEVER say I love you first. I was mortified.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did. On the second month, he told me if I only knew how strong he felt bout me, I might be scared.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg! so cute! both FH and I have done that the next morning with things. hahah

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did....which was very surprising. He had been drinking that night and I was the DD. I knew he was about to say it so i stopped him and told him to wait...but he didn't listen and said it anyways. The next morning he woke me up with "Good morning my love, see I remember what I said and still mean it." I guess he made up for it. lol

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually have no idea!!! Before we started dating, and before I even grew a crush on him we would joke around as friends a lot saying "ILU" to each other at work! It was silly fun at the time and then grew more and more serious... but we honestly dont know who even had the first serious "I love you" hahah!!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sort of said it together. We were talking and i was telling him that I felt sad when I was away from him and that I'd talked to my mom about that and she'd said "it's because you love him". and then he said "I feel the same, let's say it together. 3...2...1"

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was me that said it. almost 4 months into the relationship (6 months of knowing him). he said it about 2-3 months later.

normally would have thought that would have bothered me. but it didn't. and when he said it. it was just so good. and soooo funny.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did, on my first birthday we were together (about 5 months in). We both wanted to say it earlier in the relationship but needed to work up the courage.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé slipped up and said “I love you” first!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both did, kind of at the same time. Which was cool!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. He was working out of town and said it on the phone.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did and I didn't hear him when he said it, so my answer was "Huh, What?!!" Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics