Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Who said i love you first?

Megis, on May 30, 2018 at 03:35 Posted in WeddingWire 0 23
I was the first to say I love you. It was about 7 months in. Wanted to say it a few months before but had a skewed perception about love and relationships before.

Funny part was when I told my friend she mentioned we moved in together before saying I love you to each other. Smiley xd

Who said it first and when?

23 Comments

Latest activity by AlexAlex, on July 11, 2018 at 06:28
  • A
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    AlexAlex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't believe there is a time limit to tell someone that you love them. When someone says it after just a few weeks, they are usually in lust, not love. I personally don't think that you could love someone after that short amount of time, especially if you didn't know them before you started dating. I think it's better to tell some flirty things like this untill you feel you really love her

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did! After two months. We had just finished a movie and were cuddling on the couch in my basement. He said, I stopped breathing, then said it back! Since then, not a day goes by where we don't say it!

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think he did!
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did over video chat one evening, few weeks in. I thought ir said it by mistake but he kept saying it everytime after thst!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first, about 3 months into the relationship. I had been wanting to say it but I didn't know how and one day I had a really tough day in class and we were lying in bed and he was comforting me and I just looked up at him and he looked at me and about 10 minutes of pure silence he said it. I pulled away out of shock because I didn't expect it, which really made him nervous lol but I smiled and told him that I love him too. I can still so clearly hear him saying it for the first time when I think back to it.
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first on his birthday we went out for a nice dinner for two and said "I love you and would love you to be my wife." 6 months later we got engaged and our wedding is just 84 days away.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was.. accidentally at around 10 weeks in to our relationship!

He dropped me off at home and as I got out of the car I said "see you next weekend" (he was working in camp) and he was like "yep, see you next weekend, I love you"

I didnt know if he meant it or not so I said it back (I was starting to think of saying it anyway).

I texted him later to see if he actually meant it or if I'd made it super awkward 😂

PS he said he meant it but didnt 2ant to rush things. That was 4.5 years ago now and I love the story ❤
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I said it first. When he moved down from living up north. It was about a month and a half after I said it that he said it. I was okay with that. But we both be weary on how we felt just didn’t feel right saying it before hand.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I said it first and it was about 4.5 months into our relationship. I just had a feeling that it was love and I held back for a couple of weeks before I told him that I "heart" him (because I'm corny and was nervous). Well, I had to wait approximately 2 weeks for him to say it back (and I gave him a hard time for not saying it sooner lol).

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was really obvious when we started dating that I was WAY more into him then he was into me right off the bat. Because I knew I felt so much about him, I held back on saying I love you too early as I did want to give him time and not come on strong (I literally was obsessed with him from the moment I laid eyes on him.. but in a not creepy way).

About 6 months after our first date, we were just sitting on the couch watching TV and he kissed me and told me he loved me. It was simple and perfect. I literally gasped and forgot to say it back for a few minutes.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love hearing these stories! My FH said it first! 5 months after we started living together. LOL. It’s a long complicated story, but here is a quick version. we have been friends since we were children. He was going through a divorce and had half custody of his daughter, I was a single mom of 2 kids and had lived on my own (with my daughters) for a few years. It helped us both to cut down on costs so we became roommates... with benefits 😬.. it quickly became a relationship. It wasn’t hard because we had known eachother for so long. We had said I love you so many times in the past, usually after hanging out and saying goodbye. But obviously it’s very different to say it in a relationship ha ha. He was out of town working he paused told me he missed me, and then said I love you. I immediately said it back.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I said it first, he was playing too cool for school, but I knew he loved me Smiley smile

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in a LDR, so it took a bit longer, I said it around the 8 month mark, and he said it to me about 2 months later.

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first. Our 4th date and the day he met my daughter. It freaked me the hell out, I said "Oh. Thanks. I gotta go." And drove off. 😂
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He said it first because I refused to be the first one to. We had both just recently been in horrible relationships and were taking things fairly slow. He waited over a month to ask me out, said I love you 2 months in, and didn't meet my daughter until 4 months into our relationship.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. i was too scared and i was still reeling from my last relationship that ended badly....i didnt say it back to him till we had been together for about 3-4 months...
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

About 2 months in, I went home to visit my family (which is an 18 hour drive, 2 hour flight) for Christmas and there was one day I had a mental breakdown and told my mom that I loved him, even if it was early in the relationship, and that I missed him (absence really does make the heart grow fonder lol).

I didn't say it right away when I got back but on my birthday (5 months in), we went to a shag/stag and doe/social and later that night he gave me a card saying:

Happy Birthday Alli, You've made me very happy the last few months, hope you are happy too Smiley smile Love Kane.

I started crying happy tears (anyone who knows me knows I cry easily lol) and he said "I love you" to which I responded: "I love you too, I have for awhile". He said he knew it since the third date Smiley heart

Long story short, he said it first Smiley laugh

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He told me 5 months into our relationship that he thought he loved me. It took me about 6-7 more weeks to say it back (during which time he didn't say it again, just waited for me to be ready).

I honestly had been wondering if I was in love before he even said it the first time, but I kept overanalyzing everything, so I didn't feel sure enough to actually say it.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Out loud? he did LOL

But it was funny because we both knew it, we both knew the other person felt it but neither wanted to be first to say it out loud - I think this was about 2 months of being together.

We even had a little competition going on in the end since we were both aware of 'the elephant in the room', but he bit the bullet and said it first - I won that race! haha

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He said it first when we hadn't seen each other in a week or so as he was up at his cottage for longer than I could come for. When we saw each other he basically said he missed me and loved me. We'd been together for over a year.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was basically like out of a movie. He said it to me when he was absolutely drunk; I even asked him to repeat himself and he did a few times. But since we were only 3ish months in I didn't feel comfortable saying it back just yet (He was/is my first and only love). So I just asked him the next day if he remembered anything from the night previously and he didn't so I put it to the back of my mind. But then 1 month or so later I got drunk and said "I L word you" - he proceeded to drag out the full word from me after 5 minutes or so of "That doesn't count".

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I said it first. I knew very quickly that he was the one for me, even though we were only 17. Like after the second date. He took SOOO much longer to really mean it (like, 2 years!), but now 6 years later we're totally in love with eachother, and really excited to start our lives together 😍
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH said it first, but not directly to me. In HS we were both in a spoof of the office that played at lunchtime. One day I couldn’t make it to filming and so the story was that I had already left for Christmas break, so he’s pretending to talk on the phone and he ended it with “I love you”. The whole gym went “aww” and he just looked at me and smiled

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics