Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who paid for the hair, makeup, and manicures for members of your wedding party?

Joey, on June 11, 2018 at 07:58 Posted in Beauty 0 31

One of the earliest and biggest conundrums you'll encounter when you’re planning a wedding is figuring out who pays for what. There are lots of different ways to divvy things up, so share your own perspective!

Who is paying for the hair, makeup, and nails for the members of the wedding party?

Who paid for the hair, makeup, and manicures for members of your wedding party? 1

Photo from the wedding of Veshal and Steph

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who paid for your day-of transportation?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on February 1, 2019 at 14:40
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Mom is paying for my hair and make up, my bridesmaids are paying for their hair and make up but I am paying for the tips and travel fees. I wish I could pay for everything for them...or at least one service.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I paid the deposit. It was up to them if they wanted to get hair and makeup done professionally or not. Everyone wanted hair but only one wanted both.
  • Joanne
    Beginner July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying for their makeup as they are already travelling across Canada for my wedding. It's part of my gift to them. They are on their own for their hair though.

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The girls are paying for everything themselves. It is just way to expensive to pay for everything no a days, even with a small bridal party.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing our own makeup and we will cover the makeup cost.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is paying for her own hair and doing her own makeup, simplicity Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m paying for makeup but they’re paying for their hair and nails (if they want to get their nails done).
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding party did their own makeup, and i got an artist for myself. But they have a lot of expirience with makeup and i have none

• Brette
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will pay for hair & makeup - but nails, jewelry etc is not included.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone is on their own for this. Would love to help my ladies out but... don't have the funds for this.

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont have the money for this so if they want it theyre paying for it themselves
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MUA offered her services for free, as her wedding gift to me. I'll be paying for my hair and nails, as I would like to have it professionally done.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding party and husband's co workers are hair stylist so they did each others hair.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As both my girls lived out of town they were in charge of their own nails but I covered hair and makeup for them.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone is on their own for this. I’m not requiring anyone to get it professionally done so it’s up to them.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding party will cover themselves in this area!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to have my wedding party cover this themselves OR the gift to them will be one of the getting ready services.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm covering their hair and makeup if they want to get it done.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone paying for themselves. They can decide how they want to do their hair and makeup so I think they can pay. If I wanted something particular, I think it would be best for me to pay.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will pay for hair for all my girls but they will cover their own make-up costs and manicure costs.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having professional hair and makeup come to our hotel room to do all our hair and makeup. The girls are all paying for their own. I am paying for the bridal suite for the night before and I will be giving them their jewelry for the wedding as their gift. We are getting our nails done the day before.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying for all the girl's hair.

It is not mandatory for them to have their make up done. If they want to, they will have to pay for it.. same with Nails.

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it fair if I pay for their makeup and they pay for their hair?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister has asked if she can "give me" my hair and make-up... so I suppose that means she's paying for it. I'll be paying for my own mani/pedi... and the girls will be paying for themselves. We aren't doing professional hair or make-up for the bridesmaids.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might pay for their hair so we all get it done at the same place, and they can do their own nails if they choose to do so. Most of my girls will do their own makeup

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my girls paid for their own hair, makeup and manicures. It was optional for all of them to do it, and I didn't mind if they did their own, but in the end, they all chose my vendors.

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hair and Makeup has been covered for the wedding party by me and my FH

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on paying for hair and makeup for myself, my 2 bridesmaids, the moms, and my grandmother. I have booked professional makeup and hair to come to the room and do it for us so I’m not expecting them to pay for a professional just because I want one. But since they’re coming they all might as well join if they want and get good use out of the girls.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The girls are doing their own hair, nails and make up - i offered to do everyone's nails myself so that's a possibility.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh... I'm hoping that I can find someone really inexpensive to do all our makeup but that the girls do their hair how they want it done. All I ask is that they don't match my hairdo Smiley smile

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing my own makeup and I will be paying for my hair to be done. My wedding party is all guys so I won’t have to worry about paying for anyone else, yay!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics