Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is traveling the farthest distance for your wedding?

Lynnie, on October 15, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 24

Are any of your guests putting in some serious miles to attend your wedding? Who is traveling the farthest? And how far are they traveling? ✈️

screen-shot-2016-09-29-at-11-51-43-pm_50

Photo from UBC Farm in Vancouver

Next Question: How far have you traveled to attend a wedding?

Or, start from the beginning here: How far i'll go!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 17, 2018 at 00:35
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live in Nova Scotia and the furthest away is BC or Alberta (we don't have all the RSVPs yet)

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone we invited was pretty local, but my aunt and uncle came from Winnepeg, during a snow storm.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my bridesmaids came from South Korea to be in the wedding.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of our family and some of our friends are coming from really far away, about a 9,5 hour flight coming over from the Netherlands.
    I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for them coming all the way overSmiley heart
  • Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The people to be doing the farthest travel to the wedding is my fiance and I! We live 6.5 hrs from our venue. We wanted to make it easier for family to be able to attend without having to spend a ridiculous amount of money on gas or whichever! So everyone else lives a max of 3 hrs from the venue. If it was where we live it would be 8+ hrs for everyone to come.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone were inviting lives in the same province... farthest drive is about 5 hours
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family from states driving or flying and staying with my parents.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are! The wedding in in Ontario and we live in BC. All our friends and family live in Ontario so they have to travel about 45 minutes or less to the venue.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister from Ontario is traveling the farthest and then my family and one Maid of honour are coming from Vancouver island.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our farthest guest is in Mexico City and we're so excited to have them come.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've invited some guests from China (who claim they are going to come) to our Toronto wedding.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My godmother and her husband. They are travelling from Jersey, UK to Vancouver... A close second would have been my best friend coming from school in Bath, UK, but her finals are the week of the wedding...

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If she can, my childhood best friend who now lives in Osoyoos, B.C. will be traveling the farthest to attend.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My extended family is all flying over from England so definitely them lol
  • Stacee
    Newbie August 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Stacee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My uncle currently lives in Trinidad & Tobago in the Caribbean, so him & his family will be travelling the farthest. Even though we haven't made our guest list yet, he is my mom's only brother and is also my Godfather, so they will be there 100%.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my best friends will be coming from Ontario to Alberta...hopefully! We have not spoken in awhile but I hope he will come.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding is in London, Ontario. Farthest guests will either be my godmother who lives in Louisiana or one of the groomsmen who currently lives in Australia but might be back in Canada (Paris, Ontario) by the time the wedding rolls around.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend lives in China and was debating coming but couldn’t afford it. The furthest was Ontario to Alberta. Quite a few people came from ON
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a toss up. we have guests from Oklahoma, Florida, BC. so all of them are a 4 hour flight. we are inviting FH's college friend that lives in Africa, but we don't think he is making it.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We live in Toronto and are getting married in Victoria, BC. Our Florida and New York guests will be travelling the farthest.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin from my dad's side (and anyone else from that side of the family that decides to come). They'll be flying all the way across Canada.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH's brother and another buddy of his, both live in BC.

After that, it's us and our guests from Alberta haha.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Sister and Nephew will be travelling the farthest. They are in Western Australia. About a full 24 hours of travel to get here!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If not my dad's side of the family who live 4.5 hours just from the farm to the city then it would be my FH's aunt and uncle who live in Prague, Czech Republic - of course they aren't a definite yes as they usually visit in the spring and not the fall.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics