Amanda
Featured June 2019 Ontario

Who is standing at your side on your big day?

Amanda, on 30/July/2019 at 12:02 Posted in Plan a wedding

Heyyyy you newly engaged planners!

Have you picked your wedding party yet? Who is with you? How did you decide? How did you ask them? Tell us EVERYTHING!!!!

I had my 2 closest friends as my bridesmaids and my brother was my best man. A little non traditional but it was awesome to have my big brother stand with me, he even picked up my dress when I was trying to spin around at the altar.

It is such a fun process and you want great people spending the day with you.

Share:

48 Comments

• Ashley
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·

We picked ours and we did proposal boxes for everyone in our wedding party! I took my girls to lunch and gave them all boxes and they all screamed and were hugging each other. I picked one cousin, my FH’s sister and 3 friends! I picked them cuz they are the people I tell everything too and have been talking too for years and I anticipate on talking to them for the rest of my life!

• Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    My twin is my maid of honour, and then I have a cousin from my mom’s side as one bridesmaid and a cousin from my dad’s side as my other bridesmaid - that way I am representing both sides of my family My either is a groomsman, and my fiance’s best friend is best man and my fiancé’s brother is his other groomsman. So mainly family 😛
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    Our party is 8 on each side... I have ALOT of siblings who I’m close to so my “side” kind of filtered into my FH side, which is okay because he has a smaller circle of friends and family. We also have a mixed gender party on both sides because my FH has a couple female BFFs. My little sister is my MOH and my FH’s brother is his best man. Also one of my adult friends is our flower girl... walking my dog as my ring bearer down the isle 😅😅🙊

Who is standing at your side on your big day? 1
  • Skylor
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Skylor ·
    Hello,
    I chose my best friend to be my maid of honor, my sister to be one of my bridesmaids and my FH brothers girlfriend to be my other bridesmaid. I made them all a gift box asking them. I ordered everything from weddingstar!

Who is standing at your side on your big day? 2
  • Brett
    Curious July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    My two closest friends are my maid of honour and bridesmaid. FH is having two of his closest friends stand for him. My brother is walking me down the aisle. Not having flower girls, ring bearer, or ushers.
  • Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    For our wedding party, we chose to stick with our close friends which we have 2 maid of honour, 3 bridesmaids and one bridesman lol it’s not traditional at all since we are 2 brides and no groom so we opted for something different and unique. Our families won’t be attending since we decided to have a small and private wedding. Elopement kind of wedding. Our parents don’t agree with our marriage unfortunately so they won’t be attending either. My fiancée’s parents don’t like some of her friends as well so they won’t attend. It makes me sad but at the same time our close friends are like family to us and they have been there and supported us through everything.

My best friend is walking me down the aisle and my fiancée’s best friend and aunt will be walking her down the aisle. We can’t wait !!! Our bachelorette is this Friday already ! One month left until we say I do !
  • Sarah-Lynn
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Sarah-Lynn ·
    For our bridal party we chose to stick with close friends of ours. My fiancé found it more challenging to narrow down his top 4 because it’s a large group of buddies that have grown up together yet my fiancé was in every wedding lol we ended up asking one of his friends to be our MC so that he still had a special role in our big day to include everyone however we could
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    I decided who my maid of honour would be based on my closest friend/family member and who I can trust to get the jobs done. I then chose bridesmaids based on family members whom I am close to as well as my closest friends that I couldn’t see going through the day without!
  • K Kimanne
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    K Kimanne ·
    My FH and I decided to use mainly our nieces and nephews for our bridal party. We have our nephew as the sign bearer, 3 nieces as flower girls, another niece is a junior bridesmaid, nephew junior grooms man, my sister as my maid of honor and his son is his best man. We’re so excited to be sharing our special day with them in 30 days 😊
  • Darren
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Darren ·
    We chose our close friends and persons we know truly support our happiness. For added sentiment I chose my aunt as my BestWoman.
  • Meaghan
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan Online ·
    We are eloping and the only "guests" are our 2 children (11 & 14). I was so happy when the officiant told me they could be our witnesses, too.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user October 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·

We are both having our childhood best friends and then our little fur children who are also our service dogs. Their little outfits are on the way! the wedding is all my family to save ourselves from drama and then we are having a little party seperatly with his family.

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    For my bridal party, I picked my two closest friends, my sister (as my MOH), my fiancé’s sister who is amazing and my two cousins. I asked them by throwing a bridal brunch and each received this box (MOH’s box was a little different).

Who is standing at your side on your big day? 3
  • K
    Frequent user July 2024 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you! This helped a lot!
  • Kaila
    Beginner June 2020 Ontario
    Kaila ·
    View quoted message
    I asked my siblings so they couldn’t say anything about that!!! I think people will be fine with who you asked!!! Also I gave jobs to other friends who I might’ve had in the party... like donut pickup, picking up the cake ..... having bridal shower at their place !!!! And honestly it’s more fun going to a wedding when your not in the party so just have fun.... the day is about you and what you want don’t let friends decide if something else will make you happy!!!
  • Amanda
    Featured June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    View quoted message

Your day is so sooon !!!!!!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles