Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who did you check in with before setting your wedding date?

Lynnie, on July 18, 2019 at 14:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

There are so many factors to consider when picking your wedding date! From the season and weather, the desired length of your engagement, venue availability, holidays, your personal schedules - and also the schedules of some of your "VIPs"!

Were there any family members or close friends you checked with first before nailing down your final wedding date?

Who did you check in with before setting your wedding date? 1

Photo from Pixelcouture in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on August 11, 2019 at 03:21
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only checked in with the grooms parents as May is a big time of year for their family business but ultimately they told us to do what we want and they would figure it out they want us to be happy!
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His parents and brother, as they live in a different country and their vacation dates are harder to plan especially if in the same year. We fixed a date in March 2019 for our wedding in October 2019. If we would have chosen the date ourselves we would have planned it for September, but his brother would not have been able to make it Smiley sad
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided without any influence from anyone else. We both work at places where it is incredibly hard to get summer days off together so a winter wedding is so much easier for us.
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only person I checked with for the date was my FH. The date was the only really important factor to me in my wedding. My wedding date would have been my late Mom's 62nd birthday. She unfortunately passed away when she was 48 years old of pancreatic cancer. I wanted this day as a tribute to her memory. All other decisions were made together (yes even the flowers), but this date was the only thing I truly wanted.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one. We saw the venue, loved it and there was one Saturday left in the summer so we booked it.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just our parents- we basically told them the date and didn't ask.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents and his parents. We didn't really consider anyone else lol.

• Kris
    Frequent user October 2019 Nevada
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking of a Fall wedding, and then having a new job it turns out I could only take holidays in Fall anyway. Now we are just checking with a few venues to narrow the dates. We will tell our parents and friends next.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NO ONE!!.. We picked our date, our venue was available and we booked it.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't really check with anyone exactly, but told everyone we were thinking a September wedding. Hubby's dad and step mom advised us they were going on vacation towards the end of September, so we narrowed our dates down based on that. After that, it was up to when the chosen venue was available.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess just ourselves and our venue as we were somewhat flexible with the exact date just wanted it sometime in late April/ early May. To be honest I never thought to ask anyone else what they thought or if they had plans.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We checked with my parents, and FH's dad and sister. When we got engaged, my parents kind of planned on a summer 2018 wedding but didn't want it near their 30th anniversary. However FH's family said 2019 worked better for them, and it was better for us too. When came up with the date ourselves but cleared it with both sides of the family just to be sure.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We checked with my family as both my siblings work in cruise ships! They need to schedule their vacation days waaayyy in advance. Other than that we picked our date because its 20, 2020 Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t check with anyone I don’t think. We just picked the date and told everyone afterwards.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We each checked with our parents first. It ended up being for the best because when we were first discussing dates we were thinking of the Sunday of the Family Day long weekend in February thinking that we could get a discount Sunday price, but a lot of people wouldn't have to go to work the next day (we later found out that long weekend sundays are priced the same as saturdays any way...the venue was onto us trying to be sneakyXD ). When we told my father this he almost jumped through the phone at me saying that people wouldn't stay long and wouldn't "party" because it's a sunday, even if they didn't have to work the next day. That helped because I ideally wanted a January date anyway because there was more likelihood of snow, but was willing to push it to February if we could get a deal.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOLLL thats a good relative to check in with. I didn’t check in with Aunt Flo and may be regretting that decision 😒
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't check with anyone as to knowing we were to be happy with the date chosen by ourselves. It then told to everyone after even family.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We checked in with our immediate families. It happened to be the same day as FH's late grandpa's birthday, so we also had to run it by his grandma but she was fine with it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I checked in with Aunt Flo and after I made sure she wouldn't be in the way I just let everybody else know (FH's cousin is getting married this year as well so I told her not that day!).

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, nope. Our date was pretty much set in stone, I wasn't really willing to compromise and it was nearly 2 years in advance so did not even think to check in with any VIP's. It has not been an issue so far though!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one! just each other! we actually set our date on my aunts birthday without even realizing - whoops!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really don't think we checked in with many people. Ours is the Friday before thanksgiving weekend, so that we didn't take over peoples long weekends. I think we only checked with our parents and let them know before booking it.
    There wasn't any push back from people aside from comments about it being on a Friday, but thats what we wanted!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics