Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Which was the first venue you visited?

Joey, on October 30, 2017 at 07:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

Once you knew your approximate budget and guest list, you were all ready to look for your perfect venue. What was the first venue you looked at like? Did you end up booking it? If not, did you end up booking a venue that was similar, or someplace totally different from the first one?

Which was the first venue you visited? 1

Photo from Pinterest

>>Click here to go to the next question, what was the first wedding outfit you tried on?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on September 4, 2018 at 13:50
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Vale Cavern in Sudbury, we did not book it as it did not offer everything we were looking for. We visited 7 more before we found our venue...Legends on the Niagara Golf Course in Niagara Falls.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to rephrase that last statement given.

The first venue visited and chosen after some thought was Kempenfelt Conference Center which is now closed unfortunately in Innisfil

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our reception venue, we only visited one and booked it right away.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first venue we looked at was Starling Lane Vineyard in Victoria, BC. It was a romantic foggy morning, and a lovely opportunity to learn about local history.

It’s a beautiful space and was my first choice based on my online search, but during the visit we realized it just wasn’t for us.

Still very glad that we went though.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Eglington grand, in Toronto.

• Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first venue we visited was the one we chose
  • Nicole
    Curious September 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first and only was Treetop Haven here on PEI. It was perfect and we can’t wait!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The very first location we visited was the Whistle Bear in Cambridge Ontario. Stunning venue but very expensive. 50k for 200 people! But the more reviews I researched we found that everyone raved about the venue but not the food and staff as much. In my family food and open bar is #1 and I felt that it wasn't worth spending the money if the food reviews weren't so great! We ended booking at the 4 or 5th venue we saw and ended up booking the Oakville Convention Centre.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful venue and the food is great!!!! Great choice!
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a dream venue in mind, but thought it would be outside our budget (in the beginning we were naive when working out the budget). We looked at a few places and all were not much less than the dream venue, so we rebudgetted and made the dream venue work Smiley smile
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We called 10 3 never answered and these were mostly North of Toronto. We lived in London at the time so we tried local and Lamplighter Inn was thee place! Walked in had a tour with the coordinator and 3 days later gave our deposit. All inclusibe and everything in one place was perfect.Beautiful surroundings perfect venue for us. We originally wanted a Winter wedding but travel for our elderly guests wasn't going to work.
  • Catarina
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Catarina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first venue we ended up visiting was Mississauga Conventon Centre and we booked right away.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first place we went to was Milton Banquet, we loved the setting but eneded up booking another location closer to us in Mississauga to make the travel for our guests better.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first venue we looked at was Carls Catering The Glen in Brampton. We didn't end up booking because our number one choice ended up being available for our date.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first venue we looked at was parkway banquet hall, and that is where we ended up booking!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't go and visit venues. I looked up places online, and we actually picked from the pictures. When we went to view the places we had chosen, we were there to book them.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue was my uncle's property which we had been to several times before so we didn't need to visit it again.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We never actually looked at venues before we decided. We knew right away we wanted the ceremony at a local park we have a lot of history at.
    But we did go walk around the park again to look at logistics and decide which space to rent.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first place we looked at was a local hotel called the black knight inn. We ended up booking at the Sheraton because they have amazing food and are so much more accommodating.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first place we went to was the Valhalla Inn. It was also the place we ended up booking. We were going between there and another hotels ballroom. The Valhalla had way more to offer and was cheaper.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked at a B&B. It looked really cute in the pictures online but when we got there, we felt like we walked into a creepy old mansion. There was even a creepy doll (an antique apparently) sitting in a window seat on the stairs. We both looked at each other and were just like, definitely not for us. It wasn't supposed to be creepy, but it definitely had that effect. Plus it was also on a very busy street which we didn't realize until we got there.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first venue we looked at was Three Bridges in St Jacobs but we did't really like it. It just didn't fit us. We booked the second venue we looked at.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a destination wedding, so we booked everything with only seeing pictures, but technically the restaurant was the first we physically visited when we got there.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first venue we looked at was the only venue we looked at. We already knew where we wanted to get married, so once we got engaged we made an appointment, and booked right away!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first one was at a golf course. It was beautiful, but definitely catered to the members first. We ended up going with the third venue we looked at (which was actually my first choice!)

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only looked at one - we both had very specific ideas of what we wanted and the one we visited first worked for us both and had dates available that we wanted!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first one we visited was the one we got married at. We did look at others as this one was a little out of our budget. We actually ended up booking a vineyard originally because my husband's dad knew the owner so we got a really good deal. My husband's mom preferred our dream venue so she helped with the deposit on it and we cancelled the vineyard and went with our dream venue instead! I'm glad we had that help. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't actually go visit any venues. We knew we wanted to get married at the summer camp I worked at this summer, so we just went ahead and booked that!
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We looked at the Lakehouse first. Although it is a nice venue it just wasn't what we wanted for a fall wedding. We wanted somewhere that felt warm. We will be getting married at the Skyloft.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics