Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie July 2020 Yucatán

Which day for a destination wedding

Tamara, on January 23, 2020 at 09:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone! Curious if anyone has any strong opinion or experiences with the day they chose to get married during a week long destination wedding. We will be arriving in Mexico on Sunday, July 12 and will be staying until July 19. We are thinking about having our wedding on Thursday July 16. We were originally going to choose the 15th, but our desired reception venue was unavailable. Any thoughts?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on January 26, 2020 at 10:31
  • M
    Curious May 2020 Yucatán
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say somewhere in the middle of your vacation would be good. For us we arrive in Mexico May 11 and our wedding is May 15, then everyone leaves May 18. We had to arrive at least 2-3 days before our wedding as we will be meeting with our wedding coordinator and photographer, taste testing the cake and menu, and doing hair trials. Plus our wedding rehearsal is the night before. So it gives us a few days to get everything planned and welcome our guests to the resort. Then after the wedding we have a few days to hangout with them before they go home (we are staying an extra week). So unless you wanted a specific date for your own reasons, I would try and pick a date in the middle. Hope this helps!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't feel as though it matters much which day of the week. We're going to a destination wedding soon and the wedding is on a Monday. With every guest being on vacation, it's like every day is a weekend anyway! So long as you make it clear well ahead which date the actual wedding will be, your guests can plan their arrivals and departures based on that.

Happy Planning!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a destination wedding, but we spent some time debating whether we should get married on our dating anniversary which fell on a Wednesday in 2020. In the end we decided that any date would be special and having a different date we can still celebrate our "old" anniversary too.
    No matter what the date is you'll always remember it!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue coordinator can work with you to make arrangements based on an available date open to have the wedding and reception given the hall you like.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We land in Punta Cana on Wednesday, our welcome party is Thursday, and our wedding is Saturday. Regardless of the day of the week, I feel like 3-4 days into the trip is a good amount of time for the wedding. It gives you time to settle in, meet with your coordinator, do a hair and makeup trial, have a welcome event for your guests, and still party and relax for the last few days!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin had to be in dominican for 3 days prior to her wedding date so she ended up getting married on a monday. call the resort and ask if they have specific rules for their country!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, I would personally go with July 13th... but that may be cutting it close... My reasoning:

7+13=20.... 07/13/20.... AND that means that you will eventually have anniversaries on Friday the 13th!!!.... But the other dates are cool too.... Otherwise did you meet, have a first date, or get engaged on the 14th-18/19th? For example, me and my DH got married on an October 5th because we became FB official on a March 5th.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics