Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Phaidra
Frequent user October 2019 Alberta

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from?

Phaidra, on July 19, 2018 at 13:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

I almost purchased all my bridesmaid dresses on Amazon prime day from Lulus cause there was a radical sale, but then I remembered that shipping from the states is gross, and so are only having USD prices on the website.
Where are you guys getting your bridal crew's dresses from? David's bridal? Wherever your bridesmaids want to get them from? Online retailer? Handmade? Black garbage bag dresses? Let me know what I'm missing/where I should be looking!

Bonus: DO YOU HAVE PICTURES? OMG ARE THEY SO PRETTY?! DO THEY HAVE POCKETS?!?!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Katrina, on August 12, 2018 at 17:54
  • Katrina
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I work in a bridal store so I hear lots of horror stories and good stories about many places I will say most the time when I hear David's Bridal stories I hear horror stories.
    The plus side to David's Bridal as if they are chain and they usually do have quite a bit of stock on hand so if you're short for time it's a good way to go as dresses usually take about 4 months to be made and shipped to the store.
  • Katrina
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work in a bridal store so I'm going to have to get my stuff there or else I will feel like a traitor LOL I also got a pretty decent deal for my girls and myself as an employee, that being said we do carry two designers one of which is mori lee and most of their new collection has pockets 😉
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 1

My girls got theirs from David's Bridal. I had given them a few choices of dresses from which to pick (all in the same colour) and they actually ended up picking the same one lol. Since they live far away, one went by herself to pick it out and order it to her local store and I had to order the other for my friend as there is no David's Bridal where she lives.

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 2

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls ordered from jjshouse, my wedding is next month so I don’t have any cute group pics yet but here’s some for reference from one bridesmaid.

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 3

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 4

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 5
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm ordering from David's Bridal BUT a friend of mine who is getting married this year also ordered from them and they messed up soooooo many things, so I'm preparing for disaster and ordering way earlier than is really necessary, just to be safe...
    I considered looking elsewhere but had already fallen in love with a dress from there and have had no luck finding a similar one anywhere else...

These are my sisters in the dress. Neither of those are the colors we will be going with, but they will be blue! No pockets, sadly!

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 6
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loving the bolded "DO THEY HAVE POCKETS" hahah!! Were doing David's bridal! We found a dress there everyone likes and it's just easiest! Also within budget which I found harder to stay in at other places!
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Boutique 1861 in Mtl 😍😍
  • Phaidra
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg i am so here for this dress! and thanks for the feedback! I'll have to keep checking back to their site for the dress we're looking at!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Actually...we got ours from Lulus.

As long as you convert to CAD and add room for brokerage, then everybody will know what to expect to pay. My girls ordered all of theirs together, and the one who placed the order signed up for emails from Lulus to get 10% off the order.

After brokerage fees and shipping, they still only paid $95.00 each. And considering bridal salons charge like $200 for bridesmaid dresses...I think going with Lulus was crazy worth it.

Picture of the dress they ordered. Does not have pockets, but has a very sassy low back Smiley winking

Where ya'll getting your bridesmaid dresses from? 7

• Phaidra
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I LOVE FREE SHIPPING! Thanks for this resource!!

• Phaidra
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let it all out girl, bridesmaid dress shopping is stressful, especially if you have friends from different circles / who have different tastes. I'm super lucky that I only had one "meh" response to a dress I liked/matched, and it was my sister, who like..really....just has to deal with whatever.

I think garbage bag dresses will likely be in style for my wedding year. There were so many weird trends of the 90's I thought I'd never see again (Lookin' at you, weird mesh shirts and platforms).

• Phaidra
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh man! I know! I have 6 bridesmaids (its a bit excessive, I know) and after I ordered their dresses thought "wow! $450 for 6 dresses is great!" and my FH was like "what about USD? are there customs fees on it?" and suddenly my awesome plan to get my dresses on sale turned into a big ol' turd. Love their dress styles though, I hope I can find a Canadian version of Lulus.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are really complaining? ugghhh annoying!

I told my girls that I want same colour, length, material. didn't care on the style. minus there were a couple of dresses that I didn't like the look of. which they thought was fine.

we are doing davids bridal because I found a colour I am obsessed with (now keep fingers crossed a size 0 will fit my jr bridesmaid/niece as the color I want doesn't come in jr bridesmaid size)

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have bridesmaids, just and MOH. But we got her dress from ASOS (online-shipped from the UK in 2 weeks). You can see Canadian prices, shopping wasn't bad either.

The dress was beautiful and fit perfectly.

They have a great selection!

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got the bridesmaid dresses from KF Bridal and they have free shipping to Canada until August and discounts as well. We ordered the custom sizes to lock in the deal and then we could also change the colour if we wanted.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Black garbage bag dresses?! Hahahaha.

Honestly at this point, bridesmaid dresses are the bane of my existence. I was going to pick one beautiful dress for all my girls... and now it's just a slew of complaints....

I have now conceded to letting them get a style/shape that flatters them individually... but I still want them the same look/fabric... so there isn't one satin, one chiffon, one lace, etc...

But even that is proving ridiculously difficult. I pretty much need them all to understand that it's not supposed to be the most amazing dress they ever bought... it just needs to look nice, be comfortable, and for me to be happy with it. *Cue bridezilla roar*....

I wanted to just take them to David's Bridal, so they can go wild, pick a bunch of styles, see them side by side, then be able to order them all in my colour (Navy). I think this is still what I'm going to make them do.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like lulus. Their quality is good for the price, but yeah duty definitely sucks. My girls order dresses from azazie but their prices were listed in USD and there was custom charges as well. My one girl said her $110 dress cost about $250 by the time she paid the conversion and extra fees.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics