Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaytee
Devoted September 2017 Alberta

Where was your honeymoon?

Kaytee, on November 7, 2017 at 15:53 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19
I am married now and it's been just cover a month - crazy! We actually have two honeymoons as we decided to do 1 week in 2 places instead of 1 place for 2 weeks. We did Cayo Levantado Grand Bahia island in Samana, DR for a week right after the wedding and now we are getting ready to go to NYC for Christmas time (just before Christmas).

Where was your honeymoon and how did everything go?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on November 9, 2017 at 17:31
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds awesome!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We still haven't been on one. We did a mini-moon long weekend out of town, but our next vacation will be our honeymoon :-)

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome Smiley smile
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome, thanks so much for the detailed info! I will definitely be looking into it... and most likely booking a travel agent! Lol!
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That actually sounds perfect. It will be worth it in the end.

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We still haven't gone on one (married sept 16th). Ireland isn't exactly a cheap place to go, so we're savings up for that.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have just sent it so let me know if you like it.

Oahu is a must for your first time there. City feel, so fun! Rent a car for a day and drive around to do the shrimp trucks and then you can visit North Shore (swimming in the shark cage was the best thing ever) and the Dole Plantation. Make sure you do Hanauma Bay (snorkeling).

Maui is pretty relaxing, semi-adventurous, great beaches. Visit Lahaina town, so cute! Snorkeling on Molokini was fun (it's a crater in the middle of the ocean!!!), whale watching if you are there in the Winter. There is actually a boat that will take you to Molakai and Lanai for day trips if you wanted to check out other islands.

The Big Island is lots to do but not the greatest beaches since it is still volcanic in landscape. If you go there, make sure you do the volcano tour and the circle island tour. Swimming with manta rays was amazing too.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be great!!*****.****@*****.********
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can send you some destination guides if you want. We have them for free and work (just email formats) and they have a done of information. Just need your email. You won't get anything else from where it send from.

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We definitely want to go to Oahu. And debating between Maui or the big island. Any suggestions of places or things to see?
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What islands are you thinking of going to? I love Hawaii. It's actually where I hope to retire. HAHA, we shall see. I have been to only 3 islands though. Hope to get to the others one day.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bali would be amazing!

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds amazing! I am a travel agent and I love helping people book their dream vacations. Finding the perfect destination and resort is the best!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay! There is the luxury side of the resort or the regular side, we stayed in the regular side and we had people coming from the luxury side because our beach was better and our food! They had great restaurants for the a la carte dinners! We also used a travel agent to help us find a resort to stay at and we are so glad we did!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't been on our honeymoon yet but we were talking about going to Bali.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Chelsea that sounds awesome. I am also looking into Jamaica. What resort did you stay at? There's so many to choose from, it's like the internet is a black hole of travel info.. I'm starting to think we need a travel agent lol!
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven’t gone yet, as our wedding is still 10months away... but we are planning to honeymoon in HAWAII!!! I’m beyond excited. Going to do 10 days and go to 2 of the islands. Love travel
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds awesome Chelsea
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Jamaica for a week. It was beautiful there, and we stayed at the perfect resort for us! We also did a lot of excursions, which made the trip perfect for us, since we love to explore and do different things!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics