Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Where is the most unexpected place you shopped for your wedding?

Cliodhna, on November 8, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Apart from the obvious places to shop for your wedding, many couples find hidden gems outside the wedding world! Dollar stores, flea markets, hardware stores, furniture stores, craft stores, resale and classified sites are all overflowing with wedding inspiration!

Did you find your veil on Amazon? Stock up on large mirrors from thrift stores? Have you hunted in local hardware stores for supplies?

Where is the most unexpected place you picked up something for your wedding from?

Where is the most unexpected place you shopped for your wedding? 1

Photo from Bespoke Decor Rentals in Vancouver, British Columbia

12 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on November 12, 2019 at 12:43
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got a free mirror from kijiji that would’ve been around $150 due to its size (3 feet by 6 feet) and I got my dress from a second hand store in North Battleford.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got lots of free/cheap stuff that looks great from Facebook Marketplace! ❤️😄
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought table runners from ebay. Turned out pretty good I think!

Where is the most unexpected place you shopped for your wedding? 2

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I expected to do so much of my shopping online. I hit up a few show stores looking for cute flats or sneakers and ended up buying online.

We still have a lot to find and ro buy, but I feel like Etsy should get an honorary invite for all the support during our planning and shopping!
  • Emily
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kijiji "free" section! I am telling you, if you are creative, have some DIY ideas and the ability to see the potential in things like old ladders, windows, pallets, etc. then you can save a ton here!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like places like Etsy, dollar stores, craft stores are pretty common for wedding supplies now.

I think the most "unexpected" shopping was not finding something exactly in a store (i.e. our cupcake stand), so we ended up going the DIY route for stuff. The amount of DIY that was put into our wedding was way more than I originally anticipated.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't had any unexpected places that I've shopped but I didn't know I needed my card holders till I saw them on marketplace 😄
    Where is the most unexpected place you shopped for your wedding? 3Little glass ice cube name holders I can't even find them on-line anywhere. I love them.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, Facebook Marketplace has been awesome! lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There isn't one place that was unexpected for shopping. Lots of online shopping for small things. I would say 1 retail store was shopped for Head Table décor and 2 rental vendors for the venue in whole.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think I’ve shopped anywhere “unexpected” aside from Etsy. I got my cupcake stand there, cupcake wrappers there, my and my sisters robes and hangers for the big day.

We also got my brother in laws humidor from there!

Thinking of getting my mom a cute hanger too.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our cake topper is from the Lego store. We bought it before we were even engaged because we saw it and it was on clearance.

With our wedding being in the winter we have bought some christmas lights from the hardware store for decoration. Around this time last year my mom was at Home Hardware and she saw a light up horse and carriage that is meant to be a lawn christmas decoration. She texts me a picture and I just love it, but it cost like $300. So I had the dilemma of either having to incorporate a $300 decoration into my budget or somehow get it out of my head. Fast forward to January and at my birthday dinner I open a card (from my dog actually) and inside is a photo of the horse and carriage and I'm like "What?" Turns out the one my mom saw in the store was returned by a customer because there was a problem with one of the connectors and all the lights wouldn't light up at once. So my mom asked what discount she could get if she bought it and the lady said she could take it for free since they'd be throwing it out anyway on the condition that she didn't then try to return it at another store. My uncle ended up fixing it and all the lights work perfectly now.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm I think for the most part I stuck to the basics actually... Michael's, WeddingStar.ca, Wedding Rental places, Wedding dress store, etc.

I guess the most unexpected place would have been FB Market Place? But that's not very unexpected - we tell all the others on here to do that to save money! lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics