Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Where do you put the bar?

Sarah, on February 14, 2019 at 16:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
So I plan on hiring a bartender but I’m not sure where to set her up or even how to set up the bar?I don’t have a portable bar at all at my venue but there is a kitchen with a pass through window.Is it rude to have the bartender off to the side in a kitchen/nook?I will include a photo of what I’m talking about 🙂

Where do you put the bar? 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 23, 2019 at 00:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does the venue have a layout that can help you to figure out the area of the room? This way it would help to know where and how long the space is needed for DJ, photobooth, tables, Head table, cake table, food and bar.

This way it can help your coordinator to have the set up complete upon arrival the day before to put the finishing touches as needed and decorator (if getting one) to do their part.

These little details give you an idea to know that everyone has an area without doubting yourself or feeling confused about anything.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You’re very welcome, I’m sure you can figure it all out! Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea thank you 😊
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PINTEREST is my best friend for stuff like this!!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don’t have a caterer using the kitchen really I’d say go for it!! You can give her a nice little bar area! You can give it a little flare and make it unique even set up a homemade PhotoBooth section againgst the opposit wall to give people waiting for drinks something to do maybe! If ever the wait is longer than expected!! Smiley smile

• M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok I just read this comment. It looks like your food crew might need the passthrough.

I agree, just make the whole area look adorable. Smiley tongue

• M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on how you're being catered (buffet, sit down, stand up cocktail?). If it's a sit down you might need the passthrough. If it's not being used, I'd go ahead with it.

I don't think it's rude to ask your bartender to serve from there. You are hiring them and you're the boss. Smiley winking

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never even thought about that.I think that’s an awesome idea and I could totally set it up to look adorable.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, then I would just not use the pass through (there has to be a door to the kitchen, right?), and I'd use that whole nook space for the bar!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're having pizza too!! But not ordering it lol my bridesmaids dad is a professional chef so he's offered to cater the wedding. He's renting a portable wood oven for the pizzas! I'm super excited for my pizza wedding lol

And to answer your post, I would definitely put the bartender in that little book. It's perfect and definitely not rude, he/she's a bartender he/she won't care!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table will be on the stage and the DIY photo booth is going into the window space in my second photo.I have to fit a DJ and 9 round tables in the space which is massive and can put the bartender pretty much wherever.I don’t know how I would set the bar up if out in the space though.

Where do you put the bar? 2

Where do you put the bar? 3
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t having a caterer.The plan is to have a friend cook up a few dishes (pastas and chowmein) and ordering some pizza lol.I could care less about the food I just want to enjoy the partying lol 😂
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will the caterer actually be using the pass through? Many don't. I'd ask the venue/caterer.

I would set the bar up to be on the other half of the area - gives lots of area in the back to store items for the bartender, and doesn't stop the caterer from using the pass through, if they want to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics