Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Where did you two meet?

Megis, on April 22, 2018 at 14:46 Posted in Before the wedding 0 26
Age old question and possible advice for those searching.

I met my significant other on an online dating site. He ended up being the only person I met up with.

We chatted a bit online and he suggested meeting up. So we had a coffee date Christmas eve. What I thought would be about 2 hours ended up with us talking until 2 in the morning. We immediately connected.

Now we're getting married Smiley laugh

How did you two meet?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on April 27, 2018 at 16:02
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at a bar. I didn't want to go out that night or to the bar. and my friend said we are going because she knew the bartender and we would get some free drinks. FH walked in and in my head (while tipsy I thought he's cute and taller than me...I need to talk to him). So we did. I didn't leave that bar till closing that night. We casually dated for a few months till we became official. that was almost 5 years ago.

• Justyna
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Justyna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé in Italy while on vacation. He was with his sister and brother in law. He’s from Australia I’m in Canada - we connected, kept in contact, kept meeting up in random countries... did long distance and 4 yrs later he moved to Canada and we’re getting married!
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was awesome. I'm telling you that site is doing something right!!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same! We met online but talked for a few months before meeting in person because I was in the middle of 4th year exams. Our first date turned into a two day date because we stayed up talking the whole night and next day. The was over 6 years ago, and we've been inseparable since.
  • M
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Us too. Got matched mostly because of that quiz you take to match you to a top 10.
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Plenty of Fish. Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met while working at a restaurant together. I was a server and he worked in the kitchen. It took about 6 weeks for anything to happen but the timing was perfect. I still remember the first moment I saw him and thought he was cute Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Tinder and chatted for a while through text before agreeing to meet up. We met at a bar... he brought along one of his friends, likely because he was scared lol. From there, we hung out at his place and talked ALL night long. I have never connected with anybody as quickly as I did with him. I fell in love within the first few days of being around him.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met similar to your story, we met through tinder and he was also the only person I met up with. Our 4th date he took me to his parents 25th wedding anniversary so I met the entire family very early lol we fell in love quickly Smiley heart
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As others have said, we met at work. We both worked in the same office space, but for different companies. My first day I was brought around to meet all the different groups and was stunned by this tall handsome blonde man. I found reasons to walk by the area he sat all the time just to sneak a peek.

Two weeks later at the christmas party for the office, he struck up a conversation and ended up inviting me to a concert after. We hung out until REALLY late and I was smitten. It took him 3 months of casually dating (and me hating it) for him to realize he was ready to not be a party boy anymore.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work... I was the taboo boss's daughter... but we started hanging out and getting serious, so when we knew we were looking at moving in together, he came into work extra early one day, brought my dad a coffee, and had the "I care a lot about your daughter" speech/ conversation... we thought we had been so sneaky, but everyone knew. We didn't really care, and we've been together ever since Smiley love

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were both going to visit people in the same city 5 hours away from us. My brother, who I was going to visit, is friends with my fiance and suggested he give me a ride to save on gas. Well, we chatted the whole way up and the whole way back and then he asked me for dinner as he dropped me off.

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met thru an online dating site. He was the only one I'd gone out with and actually met in person. I was ready to give up and delete my profile,my friend convinced me to wait til end of the month.....well he messaged me! We chatted online for a week, exchanged numbers ans texted for a couple days before taking on phone...the minute I heard his voice my heart skipped a beat! Agreed to meet at a near by store next day. We met, walked around and decided to go for dinner. Realized we had alot in common and sparks flew!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work! Worked together for 2 years and built a friendship before we decided to pursue further!

We actually got official on Christmas Eve too!

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats so cute! We met in high school as we were both in a play together. We had to kiss each other before we’d even had two conversations (our first and only convo was about how much we both liked Bill Murray)! For my grade 12 yearbook we were voted cutest couple and most likely to get married: I guess they were right!
  • M
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that's beautiful Smiley heart
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in Grade 2. Haha. We were friends all through elementary, Junior High and hung out now and then in High School (went to different high schools) We even “dated” all of Grade 5. It’s our on going joke of who broke up with who back then. Lol. We still ran into each other after graduating, and even after having kids. It wasn’t until he was going through a divorce that we started hanging out a lot. After a few months, he told me he wanted to start dating, and the rest is history. We’ve been together 9 years now. He’s amazing. We have a beautiful relationship and a deep love for each other. We’ve been through so much together considering we’ve known eachother for almost 30 years! Crazy!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met when he was working at FutureShop. I went in for some headphones and he came over to help me and we chatted for a while. A few weeks later I went back to the same store and he came over to talk to me and then asked for me number. We texted for a while and had a few dates and that was it! Smiley smile

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same for us! Met first year of high school.... Started dating about a year after we graduated and now we've been together over 7 years Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in our first year of high school. We’ve been together for over 10 years now.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met through his sister. I worked with her and she said let me just give my brother your number. We sent a text we met for coffee and now here we are getting married.
  • Trisha
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've always felt nervous meeting people online, after hearing some stories my friends have gone through. However, My girlfriend and I met on a chatroom app, Camfrog. We've talked for several months before meeting. we talked nonstop, day and night. We had this instant connection, where it felt I've known her all my life. I knew I had to meet her, so I made the first move to go and visit her hometown for a week...no regrets. we connected quickly...about a month after, she asked me to be her girlfriend and we have been inseparable since then. Cannot wait to call her my Wife. Smiley laugh

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at the dog park! We had both been going for a couple of months and occasionally interacted. We only knew each other by our dogs names. One day he introduced himself formally (I had already been curious about him and thought he was attractive). We started going to the park at the same time every day for a couple hours and would walk around and talk. One day he asked for my number and we made plans for a date. He asked me to be exclusive and the rest is history ❤️.
  • Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We worked at the same catering company, he was my sous chef. We never really talked until 2 months after we met. We were working an event together when he were kinda forced to interact and we clicked. He asked me to go for drinks after it all went down hill from that. He became my best friend.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same! We met at a Christian fellowship at university!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in college through friends and through a Christian fellowship group. We did a lot of truck drives, and it felt like we just clicked. We've been dating just over three years now and have been engaged for almost one year and getting married in less than three months.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics