Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Where are your guests coming from?

Joey, on June 22, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Who is traveling the farthest to come to your wedding? Who has the shortest trip to make? Where are the majority of your guests traveling from?

Where are your guests coming from? 1

Photo by Party with Chloe in Toronto

21 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 3, 2019 at 02:41
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of our guests had to travel I would say. 1/3 live in the same city, 1/3 came from Ontario (where I’m from) and 1/3 from other parts of the west (BC, Yukon, other parts of Alberta.
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Basically all our guests are local. Some of my Fiancée’s family is travelling from New Brunswick (where she is from) and Quebec.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of my guests are local but there are few long distance, Belgium, New Brunswick, Maryland, Pennsylvania, BC, I think that's it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Farthest invited - FH's Aunt and Uncle from Czech Republic

Farthest coming - Saskatchewan

Shortest - like 70% of the guests

Mostly travelling from Winnipeg to our venue that is 45 min. East of the perimeter.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Farthest trip: China. FH does a lot of work overseas and has invited someone he has worked a lot with over there.

Closest: Literally my immediate family, FH, and me. The ceremony location and reception location are in town, so it's all within 15 minutes for each of us.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests are local, there is maybe 5% that travel a few , then one guest who will be traveling from Alberta- She is one of my bridesmaids!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests are all over southern Ontario, from Windsor to the Quebec border.

We have some from BC and Alberta, as well as friends from Northern Ontario. We also have some guests from the states: mostly Michigan and Ohio, my godmother lives in Louisiana. One of my FH's groomsmen is currently in Australia, so we'll probably come from the furthest place.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My furthest travelers were my aunt and uncle who retired and moved to Mexico years ago, and my aunt currently living in Winnipeg. Closest travelers just happened to be my parents, with a 10 - 15 minute drive from the next city over!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one guest coming from Korea another coming from England. We have family coming from Quebec and Ontario as well as the states.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a handful of guests coming from out of town, more specifically from:

Hong Kong (if they can make it!), the Yukon, Alberta, San Diego, CA

... as for the "local" guests, they'll be coming in from :

Toronto, Lac Mégantic, NB, Montréal, Québec City and 90% of our family that are rom Ottawa/Gatineau.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have an uncle, his wife, and my cousin in California who would be coming the furthest, if they come. We're not really close with them though so they may or may not make the trip. Otherwise my sister - who's one of my MOH's - and another aunt, uncle, and cousin will be the furthest, coming from Calgary.

The closest will likely be a couple who are good friends of my parents and live less than 10 minutes from the venue - closer than me and FH even lol.

The rest will be coming from all over southern Ontario - GTA to London to Chatham areas.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Furthest: A third of the guests will be coming from Ireland and my grandfather will be coming from Italy. Two guests will be coming from Florida and two from Massachusetts.

The rest of the guests are from the GTA. Me and my parents will have the shortest distance on the day: only 10 minutes.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a lot of family travel from the U.S.A. since it was the nearest country.

As for international family, it could have gone to India and Philippines as they are mostly there and some in Spain and other parts of the world. That didn't happen though since I didn't send out the invites that far out.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The farthest are family friends coming from Germany.
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in Downtown Toronto! Half of our guests will be coming from around Southern Ontario (all over the GTA, Guelph, Ottawa), the other half are all coming from different parts of the states - NY, California, Georgia, NC. I also have family members flying in from Philippines which I'm so happy for!

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in Punta Cana, and the farthest guests we have travelling are from the Yukon! We have people travelling from all over Canada. Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family and friends from Ontario coming to BC, furthest would be U.K/Spain/Germany and maybe even India.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine too! My sister is my MOH and she lives there, so coming home for a lovely family visit!
    The closest would be the few family members who live in the same city as the venue. The rest are about a 20 min drive
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The farthest distance is Poland and England! The shortest is our aunt and uncle
    literally down the road from our venue!!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All 23 of my guests are coming to BC from Ontario!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH will be travelling from Australia!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics