Michelle
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Where are people going for their honeymoon?

Michelle, on 5/July/2018 at 15:08 Posted in Honeymoon

I was thinking about going on a trip somewhere but have no real idea on where to go. Is anyone going somewhere exotic? Rustic? High maintenance?

Share:

29 Replies

• Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin Online ·
    View quoted message

We stayed in Ubud for one week and Legian for another. If you are in Ubud you should check out Monkey Forest for sure! You should also stop by the Tegellang Rice Paddies, Teganungun waterfall and the Holy Water Temple. In Legian we pretty much took it easy and vegged lol

• Jennifer
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    View quoted message

We are seriously considering Bali for our honeymoon too! Never been, but I have two coworkers that are from Indonesia who have offered ideas on what to do. Where did you stay? Anything that you can recommend?

Thanks!

• Michelle
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! I have family from there too. My grandma is straight from Aberdeen.

• Leanne
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·

We are going to Italy for 2 weeks! Staring in Rome and experiencing the culture and history then going to the Amalfi Coast to enjoy some beach and relaxation time.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    We wanted something inexpensive since we’re paying for a lot of the wedding and the honeymoon ourselves. Plus we just wanted to RELAX haha so we’re doing a week all inclusive in Cancun.
  • Brittany
    Featured January 2019 British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    View quoted message

Yes! I'm very excited. I've also cruised with RC about the same... this will be my 5th ship (not including repeats). They reno'd the ship in 2017... so I'm extra excited for it to be all fresh and refurbished!!!

I'm so jealous... I always wanted to work on a cruise ship... but I can't really go away that long for work now without my FH. (We got together when I was 20, so I never really had the chance)... I guess I'll have to stick to just vacations

• Jennifer
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    View quoted message

VERY nice ship!
    I worked for royal Caribbean for 2 years. and have cruised 5 or 6 times as a guest.
    I do love southern Caribbean.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    View quoted message
    We are going on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas. I have been to Aruba... but I've been on about 14 cruises, and traveled extensively, so we wanted to go somewhere I haven't been so it's new for both me and my FH.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    We’re going to LAS VEGAS!!! We’re soooo excited!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    View quoted message

Such AWESOME islands!!! The only I haven't been to is Bonaire. I love love aruba and curacao.
    what cruise line and ship are you going on?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    View quoted message

Let me know if you need cruise tips. I worked on them for 2 years. and have been on...5 or 6 cruises as a passenger.

• Amber
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    We’re heading to Scotland and taking a couple weeks to travel around the highlands. My family is all from Scotland and I’ve never been so we’re very excited. We’ll be travelling by rail, taking the famous “Harry Potter train”, hiking Ben Nevis, staying in castles and other unique accommodation, and drinking plenty of scotch!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·

Cruuuuuise!!!

I vouch for a cruise every time. We are flying to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and taking an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise. We unpack once, and live on an all-inclusive (we are getting the extra drink package), 5-star floating resort... all while travelling to 5 gorgeous islands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St Lucia and Antigua.

We are super excited. It's a great way to travel, without the hassle of travel... haha. Plus super relaxing and no stress about paying for food/drinks, or planning activities (you can pre-book shore excursions, and they have daily itineraries for all the on-board activities you can participate in).

• Allison
    Expert October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·

We are going on a Caribbean Cruise pretty much right after the wedding. We went on our first cruise last fall where we got engaged

• Susy
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Susy ·

All inclusive Sandals La Source Grenada Can't wait!

• Emma
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    We are getting married next fall and we in all likelihood are going to Bahamas at an all inclusive kid free resort!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles