Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

When will you bring your ceremony supplies to your venue?

Joey, on April 2, 2018 at 07:55 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 28

Think you've thought of every possible detail about your wedding ceremony? There are a few things many couples forget to consider.

Items for your ceremony will need to be dropped off before the big event. How will you get your supplies, like programs, candles, aisle decor, and unity ceremony items, over to your venue, and who will be taking it?

Who is staying behind to clean up all this gorgeous decor?

When will you bring your ceremony supplies to your venue? 1

Photo by DT Floral & Decor

>>Click here to go to the next question, Will you have a VIP seating area?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on October 5, 2019 at 07:55
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be delivering it at our rehearsal the day before the wedding and our day of co-ordinator will set up and clean up
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There isn't going to be a lot of decor for the ceremony, so nothing really to clean or collect.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So the plan is the venue sets up everything except for extra decorations the thursday before. Then we go in friday morning to decorate and make sure it's perfect. Then we go for our rehearsal in the evening. In the morning I will do a quick double check to make sure it's perfect.
  • Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked out the whole property for 7 nights. The Tuesday before to the Tuesday after the wedding so we can bring and set up everything and not be stressed, and have time to get over hangovers before packing everything back up.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan on bringing all the supplies the night before.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t really doing much decor before hand but we only have access to the room on the day of so it’ll be then
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only allowed access to set-up 2 hours prior to our reception. I literally have no idea how I'm going to do this because I will be busy having hair & makeup done and getting photos. I think I'm going to have to rely on some people to do this for me.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be decorating the ceremony location as I believe the church is enough as is! We will be cleaning up the church and moving few things prior though

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All items for the wedding and reception was brought to the venue the same day as guests arrived Thursday before the wedding.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have recruited some family for this.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most things for our wedding were brought up by us, my in-laws and my mum and step-dad. We got married 3 hours from home so we went up a few days early and there were other who weren't coming up until the day before the wedding so if we had forgotten anything we could have asked them to get it. Our bouquets and desserts were brought up by wedding party members the day before the wedding.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very minimal decor for us so less of an issue

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My amazing wedding planner got all the decor there, cleaned it up after the ceremony, and brought over the floral arrangements to the reception that we were re-purposing for decor!!

It was so nice to not have to worry about any of this!

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have very minimal decor, but the decor will be stored in a meeting room at the hotel. If we can get in the night before we will do it then, if not, my wedding planner and decorator will be going in the morning of and setting everything up. They will also take everything down and relocate flowers to the reception area.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue sets up all the basics for us, and the left side of our room is floor to ceiling windows with an amazing view, so we will have very little decor at all. Some backdrop items to frame the end of the aisle... however there is a big stone fire place so we don't need much there either!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have our rehearsal at the venue the evening before the wedding. If nothing is booked in the room up to 48 hours before the wedding we can get in sooner to decorate. We will be bringing everything with us when we go there for the rehearsal if we can't get in sooner. We have a wedding planner who will be putting these items out for us and who takes them down the night of.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in a garden so no decor needed! The only thing we need to bring is our wine box. We haven't thought yet of who will bring that. Probably my future brother in law.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We get the venue for the whole week beforehand so we will probably be dropping things off whenever we have time.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The day before I think.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have access to our venue a few days before, so we can set up beforehand. My parents will clean up afterwards.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a decorator handle this aspect of the wedding (delivery and clean-up!).
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only thing we will have will be our sand ceremony stuff. The venue supplies everything else (including all decoration). So we will probably just have my MoH take care of it.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a rehearsal at our venue the day before, so we will take it over then. Our wedding party will be in charge of moving the decor inside the reception space after the ceremony (we are using the same decor for both ceremony and reception to save money).

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hopefully, we'll be able to bring our stuff the night before. If not, I'll have to delegate to a few people the morning of.

As far as who's staying to clean up, it's my understanding that the employee of the venue will be cleaning up and putting anything that is ours in boxes to pick up the next morning.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're pretty lucky in that our venue literally does everything in that regard (part of the reason we picked it). They set up, take down and clean up for us. And as a bonus, I can drop everything off up to a week before and my in house co-ordinator will just keep everything in her office. Definite win!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be dropping them off the day before with the venue. We don't have too much luckily.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since ours is on the farm our wedding party and families will be there helping us set up the day before and then we have a rehearsal.
    Again since it’s on the farm there’s no pressure to clean it up so it’ll most likely stay how it is for the day and we can clean up Sunday or Monday.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and the groomsmen have to be at the venue earlier than I do, so they will be taking our two cars (one with decorations and the other alcohol) packed with the items we need. We don't have much in the way of decorations the bring as we rented most items from the decorator.

We will also be paying her to set up the stuff we bring. And then she takes everything down the next morning for us and we pick up our items from her office. So no hassle of trying to grab what is ours at the end of the night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics