Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Geneviève
VIP September 2020 Ontario

When to send out bridal shower invitations

Geneviève, on November 20, 2019 at 22:54 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
Hi everyone,

We just finished sending out our STDs for our wedding late next September. Our bridal shower is exactly 3 months earlier at the end of June. We’re sending the invites and RSVPs 6 months before (we have some international guests) but I’m worried that sending our shower invites at the same time (3 months notice) may not be enough time for people to plan to attend a summer shower on a weekend.What do you think?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on November 21, 2019 at 16:35
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridal shower is going to be at the beginning of May and the invites will go out just after the wedding invites (I need a month's notice to my wedding venue - so the invites need to go out earlier than usual).

I think end of February. So, like everyone else - I think 3 months is perfect.

• Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good plan! And a good way to easy my anxieties a bit!
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea. Definitely something to keep in mind!
  • Geneviève
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m mostly concerned about the timing because we only have 30 guests, so if too many can’t attend, a shower won’t be feasible. If 3 months was enough time for you guys, then it should be enough for ours
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My shower was in August and my mom sent out the invitations for it in May, so we had 3 months notice.

However, I would try to not send shower and wedding invites at the same time. Maybe send shower invites 3 and a half months before.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to send them out a month earlier than the invitations and then do an email reminder to everyone so they dont forget the shower date

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think 3 months is good. If you give more time they'll likely forget what day it is. As long as the people who are most important to you know the day and are there that's the important thing.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it's enough time - especially considering that you normally book campsites for the summer in early spring so that would be right around that time. Worst thing that could happen is that some people can't make it because they have a spot booked for that weekend (some places are really hard to get), but it wouldn't be everybody on the invite list.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that 3 months for a shower is a lot of time and notice. Some people send their wedding invites around that mark or even later.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics