Curious bride May 2019 Ontario

When to mail out invitations?

Summer, on 13/March/2018 at 14:28 Posted in Plan a wedding
Hi everyone!
curious as to how far in advance did you mail or hand out your invitations?

18 Replies

• Vinod
    VIP bride August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    I had sent out 9 months prior when ot should have been 2 months. Just had family from the states come down.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user bride May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

I sent mine 2 months before the wedding.

• Michelle
    Expert bride September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·

Just sent ours out and we are about 6 months away.

• Lisa
    VIP bride May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    We sent out our invites 4 months before. We mailed most and handed out a few to close family that we knew we were going to see!
  • Ashley
    Frequent user bride August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·

I just ordered out invites from vistaprint. We will be mailing them out in April. Our wedding is in August.

• O
    Beginner bride April 2019 Ontario
    Orianna ·
    Personally I need more time to plan so we are going to mail anyone long distance around 8 months before and then anyone in Ontario 6 months before (we are not doing save the dates). I don’t like the idea of having the long distance variable of people are coming but I guess anything could happen!
  • Summer
    Summer ·
    Thanks ladies! We’re getting married in May and we’re thinking of mailing them out in January
  • Jen
    Featured June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·

We get married June 9th and mailed them out at the end of January.

• Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    View quoted message
    We sent our save the dates a few months before via e-mail. We were only engaged for about 9 months before the wedding so we didn't have a lot of time to play with to do everything.

• Becky
    Frequent user bride June 2020 Ontario
    Becky ·

I would say the 4 month mark and not to mail out near any big holidays or the mail might take forever to get there!

• Candace
    Devoted bride May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    We are sending ours in November for our wedding next May and asking people to RSVP by January
  • Karen
    Frequent user bride September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    We're about to send ours by mail next week once it's ask ready and our wedding is Sept. Our rsvp is on My wedding website here so it's easier.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user bride August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer Online ·
    We didn’t do save the dates so we sent our invites out earlier about 6 months before. They don’t have to rsvp until 3 weeks before the wedding but we’ve had lots already start rsvping
  • Summer
    Summer ·
    View quoted message
    Great idea!! I think we’ll do the same.
  • Summer
    Summer ·
    View quoted message
    Thanks Erin! We have a lot of family coming from far away and we wanted to send save the dates as well!
  • Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·

I think we sent ours out 5 or maybe even 6 months in advance as we had tons of people far away.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles