Summer
Frequent user May 2019 Ontario

When to mail out invitations?

Summer, on 13/March/2018 at 14:28 Posted in Plan a wedding
Hi everyone!
curious as to how far in advance did you mail or hand out your invitations?
Share:

20 Replies

• Marina
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    We just sent ours and our wedding is late July. But we are expecting visitors from USA and 5 different countries in Europe, so we wanted to make sure that everyone will receive them fairly early so that they can plan their off work days etc but also not too early so that they would forget or so.
  • Jane
    Curious July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·

We handed out most of ours in early February and are just mailing out the last few now for your wedding in late July. We also have an RSVP deadline set about 6 weeks from our date.

• Vinod
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    I had sent out 9 months prior when ot should have been 2 months. Just had family from the states come down.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

I sent mine 2 months before the wedding.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·

Just sent ours out and we are about 6 months away.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    We sent out our invites 4 months before. We mailed most and handed out a few to close family that we knew we were going to see!
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·

I just ordered out invites from vistaprint. We will be mailing them out in April. Our wedding is in August.

• O
    Beginner April 2019 Ontario
    Orianna ·
    Personally I need more time to plan so we are going to mail anyone long distance around 8 months before and then anyone in Ontario 6 months before (we are not doing save the dates). I don’t like the idea of having the long distance variable of people are coming but I guess anything could happen!
  • Summer
    Summer ·
    Thanks ladies! We’re getting married in May and we’re thinking of mailing them out in January
  • Jen
    Featured June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·

We get married June 9th and mailed them out at the end of January.

• Erin
    Featured September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    View quoted message
    We sent our save the dates a few months before via e-mail. We were only engaged for about 9 months before the wedding so we didn't have a lot of time to play with to do everything.

• Becky
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·

I would say the 4 month mark and not to mail out near any big holidays or the mail might take forever to get there!

• Candace
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    We are sending ours in November for our wedding next May and asking people to RSVP by January
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    We're about to send ours by mail next week once it's ask ready and our wedding is Sept. Our rsvp is on My wedding website here so it's easier.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    We didn’t do save the dates so we sent our invites out earlier about 6 months before. They don’t have to rsvp until 3 weeks before the wedding but we’ve had lots already start rsvping
  • Summer
    Summer ·
    View quoted message
    Great idea!! I think we’ll do the same.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles