Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

When do you wear your engagement ring? πŸ’

Lynnie, on July 17, 2018 at 16:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 47

Depending on your pre-proposal jewelry habits, adjusting to wearing an engagement ring can be a little tough!

When do you take off your wedding ring? Do you take it off to sleep, workout, or cook?? Do you never take it off? Tell us your personal "ring rules"!

When do you wear your engagement ring? πŸ’ 1

Ring by Jacob Mercari in Toronto

For some extra info on "ring rules", check out: 10 Times When You Shouldn't Wear Your Engagement Ring .

47 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on August 1, 2018 at 23:48
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really only wear it when I leave the house, I take it off the second I get home pretty much.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off to shower and do the dishes. I wear it at night but I'm on and off with wearing it to work because I work on medical equipment at a hospital and I don't want to lose it or scratch it.

• Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear my ring all the time. The only times I’ll take it off is to sleep, shower and when I’m doing the dishes.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off when I sleep and when I play baseball and sometimes when I am cleaning (if I remember) otherwise I always wear it. I don't want to lose it or damage it, but he gave it to me to be worn and to show that I am promised to another.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also don't wear my engagement ring in the Shower.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to do housework, work outs, swimming and didn't wear it on a weeks vacation because I was too scared to loose it. My Bestie never takes hers off ever. I think I'll wear my Wedding ring on top of my engagement ring so I won't be so nervous to loose it.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off to sleep, workout and when we go camping and things like that.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was not used to wearing rings, but I wear it all the time. When I make food, I clean, I work, I dance.

First it it was bugging me, now don’t even feel it!
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adjusting to wearing an engagement ring was quite the challenge for me, while I do wear a ring on my right hand, my engagement ring is fancier and therefore became annoying quickly. I never take me ring off, as I am afraid that the second that I do I will lose it. However, if I am in a situation, like swimming in a lake or touching anything that may ruin it, I will definitely take it off.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off to shower, sleep, when handling chemicals (except for mild hand soap and lotions), cooking, cleaning, and handling anything that could potentially scratch the metal.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had to change all my jewelry habits!! I wasn't used to wearing rings at all, and I used to always wear bracelets on my left wrist and now have changed to wearing bracelets on my right arm to balance things out - it took awhile to get adjusted to it!!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never take mine off, but I've realized that there are DEFINITELY some situations when I should, just to be safe! White-water rafting last summer, for instance. I for sure should not have been wearing my ring! It needs to be wiggled to come off my finger, so it's not like it's going to just slip off, but still... I need to be more careful with it for sure!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I basically wear it all the time... the only time I take it off is when I'm swimming or hot tubbing because of the chlorine, and when we go in the lake at the cottage! Other than that, I did leave it at home when we went to Mexico because I was way too scared that something would happen to it!

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only take it off at the gym.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do remove my wedding band when putting lotion on.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only time is comes off is when I play sports, am cleaning or cooking where I know my hands are going to get dirty.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sometimes take it off to wash my hands or to put on lotion, but that's about it. It's silicone, so it's not very risky.

If I don't forget, I might take it off before washing my hair as it tends to catch a bit on wet hair.

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I almost never get to wear one Smiley sad i cook for a kiving so im always washing my hands and i dont want to miss place it. Then i always forget to put it on when we go out
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear when I'm out of the house (i.e. work, shopping, running errands), except for going to the gym. I'm still not quite used to wearing rings yet.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahha me to girl!!
  • Alyssagracexo
    Newbie November 2019 Ontario
    Alyssagracexo Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it off when I go camping, exercise, shower, wash the dishes, swim, etc. Basically anything that involves water or getting dirty.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only take it off to lotion...when I remember to πŸ˜‚
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only time I take it off is for ball bc it won’t fit under my glove other than that I keep it on all the time.
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear my ring *almost* all the time. I work on a dairy farm so I take it off before I head to work since it's not safe to wear rings on the job; even if it was safe to wear it at work I'd be afraid of damaging the ring. (I plan to buy an Enso ring after the wedding so that I can safely wear a ring at work.) I take my ring off when I'm in the shower or if I'm cooking or cleaning. But the rest of the time I like to wear it.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only wear my ring on date nights or when we do something on a weekend. I almost never wear it. I don’t wear it at work, I don’t wear it when I sleep, and I won’t wear it when I shower, clean or cook. So 5 of the 7 days of the week, I have like 2 hours in a day where I could wear it... so I don’t.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off to shower (so I don't get hair conditioner film on it), to clean the fish tanks, or if I'm cooking something that gets my hands gooey. Basically it comes off for anything that would get it dirty.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I almost never take my ring off.. I sleep with it, shower with it, clean with it.. All things you shouldn't do apparently?

I DO remove it when I work out as I do boxing and wrapping my hands and punching would be awful with the ring I have. Now that I'm married I wear an enso ring to work out - I swear by them!

I will also leave my ring behind when camping or travelling and wear my enso ring instead.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only time the ring comes off is showering, cleaning, swimming, sports and pretty much anything they may damage it in anyway. Other than that it's typically ALWAYS on.. except recently due to pregnancy swelling I can't wear it πŸ‘Ž
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made sure to get a ring that wouldnt bother me in my day to day activities.... The only time i take it off is for the gym (I go to a boxing gym so not super comfy to punch things with rings on!) or when i play soccer and we arent allowed to wear any jewellery.
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very rarely do I wear it. I only really put it on when we are going out on date nights and things.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't wear mine to work (I work in an environment where it might get damaged), sleep, shower, cooking, dishes, working out, or gardening. I'm pretty careful with my ring (it's not insured yet), and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only time I take it off is when I go swimming or hiking.. going to get an enso ring to replace it during those times!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics