Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

When did you meet?

Sinéad, on November 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

First things first! When did you and your future spouse meet? Have you known each other since you were kids? Were you your high school’s ‘it’ couple? Was your first glance ‘old school’ like at a coffee shop, or did the magic happen when you swiped right?

Tell us about your meet-cute moment!!

Next Question: When was your first date?

Back to the Beginning: Your Relationship Timeline!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 10:41
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't remember the exact date we met since it was probably in passing through our mutual friends but it was our second semester of first year, so January or February of 2011

• Danielle
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in the summer of 2005! Became friends at 15 and got engaged the day before I turned 30 !! We know each other well lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online October 2013 and chatted for a month before meeting in person. It was at my place at that time.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in the summer of 2012 through mutal friends.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met Canada day weekend in 2015. He gave me a ride to go visit my brother (he was friends with my brother)
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met back in 2015 at KFC where we worked together!
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    November 2013. The guy I was seeing invited him to my apartment to celebrate my birthday 🙄😅
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work in May 2015. It was her first day and her shift started after mine so she met me coated in flour 🤣
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went on a bar crawl with my girlfriends, around this time 6 years ago. It was the last bar, so we were all feeling really good. There was a table with light up shot glasses, so of course we all wanted one. He just so happened to be the bouncer guarding the door right beside the shot table. He came up to me, we talked for maybe 2 mins and then I walked away. He ended up messaging me on Facebook once he got home !
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Summer of 2009. He volunteered for a week or two at the place where I was working. Then a few months later he randomly reached out again on Facebook.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 22, 2019. Mutual friends invited us both out for all you can eat wings!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

March 23, 2014. Three days before my birthday. I joke that he was the best birthday present ever Smiley heart

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valentine's Day 2014, but he doesn't remember me lol. We were at a group hangout where my matchmaker friend was trying to set up my friend and his friend so she invited all of us out to a group hangout at this bar. I arrived after midnight so he was already a few drinks in as he'd been doing a single guy's VDay pub crawl before that. I thought he was really cute and asked my matchmaker friend to try to find a way for us to meet again. (My friend and his friend didn't end up hitting it off after a few dates). She arranged another meet up a few months later, and this time he remembered me and asked me out over Facebook messenger the next day lol. Funny thing is my friend and his friend who were being set up are both in our wedding party. Our matchmaker friend is also giving a speech at our wedding.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was coming out of a really bad relationship wasn’t really interested in getting involved with anyone, a friend/ coworker who is actually like a sister to my fiancé would not stop trying to set us up. Reluctantly I said she could give him my number, as he was working in another province at the time. We spoke for a few months, then he mentioned he was coming in for the Super Bowl (Feb 1, 2009) and asked if I wanted to come and meet him there. So I did and the rest is history as they say!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met summer of 2015 (end of July). I was halfway through university and he was working at the university. We were introduced through my ex's roommate of all people lol

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school! I was in grade 11 and he was in grade 12 but we had a class together, it would have been September 2008.

We did get introduced a few times before that but I can't really remember when they were

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in person on April 15, 2016. We started chatting with one another mid to late March 2016.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in high school, he was in university - september 5th, 2010 was when we first OFFICIALLY met - it was also our first date!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 2nd 2016! Swiped Right when he "super liked" me Smiley laugh

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't remember the exact dates. We first met in person.. I think in July of 2017. We first started chatting in June of 2017.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on February 24th 2017 at a mutual friends house!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics