Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

When did you buy your wedding shoes?

Miav, on February 9, 2020 at 10:46 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
I saw a pair that I like but we are still 220 days away, I'm wondering if it's too early to buy..

13 Comments

Latest activity by Msss, on February 10, 2020 at 20:14
  • M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered my dress in August 2019 and purchased my shoes in January 2020 Smiley smile

It was difficult shopping for shoes. I couldn't seem to find the style I wanted in-stores and many that I found online were very expensive and a bit of a gamble. Ultimately, I ordered my wedding shoes from the United Kingdom and took a gamble, taking advantage of a sale - they are beautiful! Smiley smile

• Hayley
    Curious May 2021 British Columbia
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IF you love them and they're not likely to be in stock then go for it! If you change your mind further down the line you can always get a second pair and either keep or sell these ones. If you don't buy them would you regret it?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have your dress then i would buy them!! but i would get my dress first!

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my friends just bought me my shoes 🙂 we were looking at flower girl dresses (her daught is mine) & she seen a great pair of shoes that were on sale, so she bought me 2 cause I couldn't decide on colour! (Amazing friend right?). I told her I would buy them, but she insisted, saying that's part of my present. As long as you got a place for them out of the way (no pets or kids to mess around with them) buy when you find ones you love for a good deal. The earlier you buy, the more you can break them in, if needed
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never too early!

I bought mine off Amazon for $50. They were a great deal, and very easy to break in. Just remember that you need your shoes before your dress alterations start. Your seamstress will need to see the length of your dress with the shoes you will be wearing that day

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not too early imo! Gotta wear them in!!! Just make sure to keep them away from any animals - even if your pet(s) have never chewed shoes, these would be the pair you really don't want them to start with!

I got my first pair (flat shoes for the grass during the ceremony) about 9 months before the wedding but that's because I got them initially as just shoes for our Wedding Social, and then my second pair (heels) about 2 days before the wedding.... so time may vary Smiley tongue

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my shoes before I bought my dress because I had a specific style in mind and I was worried they would take forever to ship. So I bought my ceremony shoes with over a year to go until my wedding last summer, just yesterday I bought the sneakers I plan to change into for my reception and my wedding isn't until October! It gives me more time to break them in I guess haha

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my shoes already and I still have over a year.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think its early at all! Besides the last thing you want is to find a pair of shoes you love and then when you go to buy them, they aren't there.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found some cute shoes I really liked and couldn't stop thinking of them so after a couple weeks I just went and bought them. Your feet are done growing so I say if you find a pair you like just buy them Smiley smile
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You want them before you start getting your dress altered, so it's never really too early unless you're worried you'll change your mind.
    I bought mine in November and my wedding isn't until October. They were on sale!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine a year in advance I think. I wanted to buy mine early so I could see them with my dress, walk around with them and break them in before the wedding!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No that’s a good time! I got mine last month and I’m getting married in September. You’ll need them for your dress fittings so there’s never a too early time (especially since Shoe sizes don’t change often!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics