Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

When did you actually start wedding planning?

Lynnie, on November 12, 2019 at 13:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

How soon after the proposal did you start wedding planning? Did you dive in right away? Did you take some time to just enjoy being engaged first? Did you set a date and then set wedding planning on the back burner?

When did you actually start wedding planning?

When did you actually start wedding planning? 1

24 Comments

Latest activity by Cristina, on November 19, 2019 at 11:51
  • C
    Newbie August 2020 Prince Edward Island
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started planning immediately! We we were so excited and ready to begin this journey together! Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually started before we were engaged. We booked our venue one year before and got engaged 10 months before. Once engaged, it was full-steam ahead! We were engaged on a Sunday, I asked my bridesmaids Thursday, we went dress shopping Saturday, I picked my dress Monday and then everything else came close after!
  • Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Started planning and has my venue booked the day after I got engaged.

I was just wayy to excited to get things started and going, by then i already had weddingwire account and was furiously contacting vendors

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started planning the day we got engaged! I signed up for wedding wire immediately because I was just so excited. It's only been 6 days since we got engaged and I am still on cloud 9!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Literally 24 hours after being engaged I had emailed our venue. But we had a few of the details worked out before engagement!

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it was about a 3 months before I started looking at venues.

• Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got engaged in April, just a few weeks before we got possession of our first house (that we spent a month doing work on). So we didn’t choose a date/ do any planning until late June. We knew a rough timeline so I had a partial answer when I got asked if we had set a date a million times in those 2+ months 😋
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we waited a few weeks to a month before really starting to discuss dates, guest lists, and venues.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed in March. I let it sink in a month or so. Then I jumped right it in may.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged on October 26, 2017 and like a lot of people, we were on vacation so definitely didn't start planning right away.

I knew what colour scheme(s) I liked but that was the extent of planning until the engagement. We set our date 2 weeks later on November 10, 2017 and started getting into the planning.

• Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Funny story, so I had most of the wedding planned before we even announced it to most people! We had a "discussion" where we agreed we would get married and the date was a relatively quick turnaround (September to February) as we want to try to get pregnant shortly thereafter and I'm already 37, so I basically started calling and booking vendors immediately after. We did tell our immediate family and closest friends but not the general public as I didn't want to deal with the "where's the ring??" questions. Meanwhile he had to get the ring and officially "propose" but there was a 10 day waiting period on resizing the ring so I was booking vendors and dress shopping without most people even knowing I was engaged lol. I was slightly worried that the vendors and dress stores might think I was one of those stereotypically crazy women who plans her whole wedding before even getting a proposal first (yes I know someone this happened to!)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were unofficially engaged (no proposal) 1.5 years into our relationship and fiancé wanted to buy a ring yet couldn't afford to pay more than he wanted to spend. We agreed the ring I tried on when moving in was going to be the engagement ring and starting planning since March 2016. We did set a date for August 25, 2017 and the planning went into full mode all done by myself and little by husband. Financially, I put all the deposits and made payments towards the vendors putting the hours into work taking 10 days off only.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually got engaged years ago but I didn't start really planning till we were in a financially good place to do the wedding we want. I have looked at decor and I've had .y colours picked forever. I've only seriously been planning for about six months.
  • Sherrie
    Curious May 2021 Manitoba
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We through around ideas before we officially started dating. Piddly ideas like colours, big small type. I started planning the day after he proposed. Talked about it for the time we have been together.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started planning our wedding after we got engaged
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged while on vacation so we had some time to let it all soak in. I think the planning started once we were all organized back home! No more than 2 weeks after I would say
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started shopping for photographers a few days after we got engaged.

As soon as we told my parents my mom and I made plans to attend a wedding expo the following weekend.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we started looking at venues right after we got engaged. i contacted a bunch and within a few weeks had apts to see them all

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked our date and venue 8 days before getting engaged!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started planning the day after we got engaged. I was going through a difficult time then and I really used thinking about the wedding and wedding planning as a positive to help me through things.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started planning literally the next day!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started planning about 2 weeks after getting engaged. We got engaged on December 30th 2017 and went to the wonderful wedding show here in Winnipeg on January 19/20/21 2018!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our date chosen before we got engaged. We had actually locked in our venue before we got engaged as well because it was booking up for 2020 and we didn't want to lose our date by continuing to wait.

I think photography was shortly after we got engaged too, but it could've been just before as well.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose the date a couple days after he proposed, after that we left everything else alone for about a month to bask in it before jumping in. We chose the date right away just because that's what everyone asks about first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics