Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shla
Devoted October 2021 Ontario

When did it really sink in?

Shla, on February 10, 2019 at 15:11 Posted in WeddingWire 0 13

What part of the planning process was it that gave you the "Ohh it's actually happening/real!" Moment?

I'm finding I haven't had it and it's like it isn't happening. Can't seem to shake it!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on February 20, 2019 at 20:31
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am less then a month away, it really only hit me like 2 weeks ago

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I still can't believe its happening. Every time people say "congratulations on your engagement!" I'm like... "who? me?"

All I know is that on September 14th I'll have 20k less in my bank account.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me the moment was when we found our venue. We had looked at a few places but they were all too expensive or just didn't fit but they we found this nice park in a valley. It has beautiful scenery, a gazebo for the reception (which was the original dance hall from 1912), a play structure for kids, and a fire pit area. We were both looking at it and then looked at each other and just knew it was the right place.

And the venur was only around $600 for renting it for a day and a half.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, my first good freak out "cry" moment where I realized it had all come together was literally 2 nights before the wedding when I checked the last big thing off my checklist. And it was an overwhelming sea of relief that it was almost over. (Don't get me wrong, I was very excited, but it was a year of planning and realizing that I had done it, and it was going to actually happen).

My lovely husband waited until 24 hours before the wedding to have his cold feet groom meltdown... Thank goodness that lasted all of 2 hours and he pulled it together.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't freak out! Honestly, even through all the planning, the payments, the appointments, the RSVPs, EVERYTHING.... It felt surreal, like an out of body, "oh yeah it's happening at some point"... not-quite-real-ness...

My "OMG" moment happened when I could finally say "I'm getting married THIS MONTH"... Like, once it wasn't some crazy countdown, or months... We were on a hike with my parents and I turned to my my mom and said "I'm getting married in 14 days..." I had to stop, because it FINALLY hit me...

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It started to feel real when I tried on/bought my dress but now we are less then 3 months away and it's feeling more and more real every day! (also, the stress is building more and more every day of having everything ready on time, but that's another story haha)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deposits! Now that there's money on the table it seems very real!

Also when we got our Save the Dates and sent them out - people messaged about how excited/honoured they were that they were invited. Some guests have even booked their hotel so it feels like a for sure thing.

Don't worry if you haven't had it yet, even some days now it seems more surreal than others.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we got the invitation proof. Like, BOOM, there it is, in writing, it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING OMG.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Deposits and getting my dress!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All. The. Deposits. As soon as we put the first (and most costly) deposit down for $3000 it really sunk in that this was going to happen. Now that we are several thousands in with deposits, it's really, really happening lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically whenever we put a deposit down or whenever a main holiday passes! Just knowing that the next Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. we will be married for is insane to think about!!

Don't fret not getting this feeling yet or even at all though, we are all different! Heck, I'm 21 and getting married while my friends are in school and wondering how the heck we landed on such different paths of life! Nothing wrong with it, just different. Besides, I'm a very emotional person in general and can even cry on demand... so with that being said all I have to do is think about how I'm getting married this year and I will break down in tears!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it was when we went to check out our venue for the first time and it was done up for another wedding! Just seeing what the venue could be for our day was amazing!!! Also trying on dresses! Hahah!! Also once I was walking down the aisle of our church and the moment hit me and I started crying hahah!!!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had that first moment when I picked my dress. It made things real to not only try on dresses but to also choose one and buy it.

Don’t worry if you haven’t had an “omg this is real moment”. Planning is different for everyone and for some it doesn’t sink in until they’re actually heading down the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics