Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's your Wedding Style? Adults-Only or Kid-Friendly?

Lynnie, on August 13, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 85

Hi everyone!! This week we want to know all about your wedding Smiley heart What style and atmosphere are you going for? Tell us all about it!

Will your wedding be.... adults-only or kid-friendly?

Adults Only!Adults Only!Photo by Steve Gerrard Photography

Kid Friendly Smiley heart Kid Friendly

Photo by Steve Gerrard Photography

Thanks for playing our game! You can start over by returning to Question 1

85 Comments

Latest activity by Clare, on September 4, 2020 at 11:48
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mostly adults with a few kids (5 max)
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid welcome

We have our son who is ten and he will have more fun not being the only one there
    I totally respect kid free weddings though and enjoy being invited to them for a fun night out
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both, our liquor license only allows kids until 8:30pm so we just made sure to include that on the invitations.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adult only!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Adults-only. This is not intentional though! Most of our friends don’t have kids and the people that do will most-likely be leaving them at home. The only kids were expecting are my FH’s niece and nephew.
  • Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

adults-only. I have lots of friends with kids and I want them to enjoy some time away. Everyone needs adult time, and kids get board at weddings.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to do a kids free night but then we realized the only kids that would be on the guest list are my young siblings so we will have them there which won't be too bad. We are going to pay for a babysitter to come and watch the siblings after a certain time so that my parents can hangout and relax without them for awhile.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are including kids !
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only (with the exception of FH niece and nephew who will have a part in the wedding)

Other than his sisters kids there aren't any others in our immediate families - which I realize is definitely not the norm. If we invited our first cousins kids plus guests children we would have around 25 extra little guests and since 120 in our venue is tight, that would be 25 adults we would really like to be there that would have to come off the guest list to accommodate the children (our venue considers over 10 an adult at full price which most of these kids would be).

And the fact that we were looking at paying $2000 for these children to eat an adult portion made it an easier decision to decide on kid free- it has actually allowed us to afford an open bar. So far all of the people with children that we've let know it's adult only are actually excited about having a date night!

I know a no kid wedding definitely doesn't work for everyone by we are looking forward to having a super fun wedding with all those grown ups we love.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly for sure! I’m a kindergarten teacher and our families have a lot of young ones. Especially since my FH’s family is travelling quite a ways, we’re including the kids.
  • Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Adults only. Only a very small handful of guests have kids and it’s a mini destination wedding, so we’re hoping with lots of advanced notice the kids can stay home.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly as i had cousins with kids.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly!! There will be about 5 kids present.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely kid friendly lots of kids will be there including my 2 sons and my 4 grandbabies.
  • Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are inviting kids, simply because they are a part of our lives too! I want to try and find fun activities for them as well such as colouring books, scavenger hunt, etc.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only my fiances young cousins are invited but no other kids. dont want to waste money on a plate for a kid to not eat it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly. We have lots of out of province guests with children and I want them to come (I don't think they would if they had to leave their child with a stranger).

• K
    Newbie October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly (our daughter will be 7 when we get married) and casual. We aren't the head table kind of people. Also, no sit down meal - snacks, dainties and drinks. Like a come and go party, but everyone will be there for the wedding portion and then if they want to leave they can.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly as we wanted to have my daughter there and not be bored all night so we figured we'd invite our friends kids as well

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adults only!

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Preferably adult only but we have a few family members with kids who won't attend without them so they will be there

• G
    Curious August 2018 Quebec
    Gigi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kids friendly for sure! A lot of our friends have young kids and we have kids (children, cousins, nieces, nephews) in our families too.
  • Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The children who are in the wedding party will be the only ones invited to the wedding.

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2017 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to have adults only but close family members have kids so we went kid friendly
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kid friendly for sure! They are the life of the party!
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I initially wanted adults-only, but I just couldn't imagine the day without some of my cousins children I am close with.

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kinda in between . My children are teensish (12-14) at time of wedding and my brother has an 11 year old son who will be attending and my bridesmaid has a 12 year old daughter who will be attending as she is also my daughters best friend. Other than that there will be no other children .
  • S
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Santana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kid friendly for sure. Im the oldest out of all my cousins plus my friends have kids too.

• Cherie
    Curious July 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Cherie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is definitely going to be kid friendly but also have an adult theme! My plan is because all my friends and family have kids of all different ages I'm hopping to use this to my advantage to! The hall I am hoping to rent for my reception has an upstairs and a down stairs so my plan is to hopefully have the older kids kind of put together a day care down stairs where the kids can have some games make some crafts have a movie a and snacks while the older kids keep an eye on them while the adults have a limited party up stairs! Heres to hoping anyways!
  • Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a kid friendly wedding.

Definitely want our kid cousins to join!

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely kid friendly! we are getting married in our late 30s, so many of our friends and family have young kids who are very important in our lives!

• Ebanesar
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Ebanesar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let's call it family friendly. Kids will not be given any crazy special attention however they are definitely welcome if invited and it is fun to have them around at times.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics