Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

What's your wedding dress style?

Kelsie, on July 15, 2020 at 13:41 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

Helllo everyone!

I'm trying to put a little more pep into my step this week as I was supposed to tie the knot in literally three days.. and unfortunately, that has been pushed into next September.

I did however get my wedding dress altered and it is now ready to go for next September!

I wanted to know what other ladies have chosen for their big day!

Have you chosen a ball gown? An a-line? Mermaid/Trumpet? Do you love lace? Do you hate it?

Tell me all about your wedding dress style and how you chose it!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on July 19, 2020 at 15:52
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never expected to fall in love with this but I started shaking and grinning like a fool! It's champagne with a beaded bodice and ruffled skirt (sorry no clue who the designer is) but was on sale for $900! Yes thats my fiance - hes my rock and I wouldnt dream of doing this without him!What's your wedding dress style? 1

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the cape idea!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went into shopping thinking about a specific shape in mind, but quickly changed to more of an open mind after that first appointment.
    I have wound up getting two dresses in the end. First one was meant for the original wedding and will be used for the postponed party with everyone next year. I like to call it my Athena dress (see picture below), because why be a just princess when you can be a warrior goddess? Smiley winking Smiley tongue (To each their own, if you want princess, rock that princess look!) We are going to be doing some alterations to open the back up a little more and am getting a cape made similar to the one also pictured below which will double as a removable train.
    Second dress was a bit more out of necessity but still ADORE it. My FH and I decided to still do a little legal elopement party that the 10 person provincial restriction will allow. Due to the huge backlog on alterations at the shop and the first dress being a small business that only started to re-open recently, it was going to be in limbo for the elopement...and I don't own anything else fancy. I got a far less traditional and fun/whimsical option I liked on Etsy (again, picture below). It's tea length so it'll be easy to move around in too!

What's your wedding dress style? 2

What's your wedding dress style? 3

icm_fullxfull.265318810_6ilsrcopcpogw8o8

• BunnyBride
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's amazing how the image/what you want at the bigging of shopping can sometimes end so differently than at the end or change when the dress get off the hangers to start trying them on! I now that feeling. I thought I'd definitely have a A-line dress with a very corset/structured top, but that is so far what I wanted even after my first appointment...lol. I'm glad my consultant at that meeting convinced me to try a few of her "wild card" selections with different silhouettes Smiley xd

• BunnyBride
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looks fantastic on you. When you know, you know.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really surprised myself by picking a ballgown when I went into my appointment wanting a sheath style. It's not a super full ball gown by any means, but it's so so flattering on my body type and I'm so excited to see my FH's reaction

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is from designer Morilee from the Signature Bridal Collection

It's got a plunging v-neckline as well as a v-shaped back. Crystal beaded, embroidered appliquès that cascade onto a dreamy flounced tulle skirt in ball gown silhouette. With a beautiful train. And the color is Ivory/white gold

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is an A-line with lots of tulle and embroidered flowers. Since we postponed to next July I’m rethinking things and seeing myself I’m a fitted lace gown... lots of time to debate that one ugh
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is a tulle, blush, A-line with a deep v-neck. No lace, but there are floral appliqués on the bodice and scattered on the skirt. No train.

I knew that I didn't want to go very traditional with white or ivory, but I was quite surprised at how much I ended up disliking anything traditional looking on myself. I expected to like lace and buttons and once I had those dresses on I just hated how they looked on me. I also thought I was going to love sleeves or a higher neck but completely changed my mind.

I'm very glad I went in with an open mind because I had seen my dress online and was sure I wouldn't like it until I tried it on. I think I even passed it over in the first store I visited and then it was suggested by the consultant in the second store.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley heart and yes! I was the same way! I was humming and hawing over this spaghetti strap with low back but in the end I kept putting mine on and just knew it was the one for me. When you know you know! Smiley winking

• Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! I also fell in love with my first dress that I tried on. I liked two others but none compared! I agree that it is helpful to go in with an open mind and try on a range of dresses.

• Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is an ivory brushed satin sheath dress with a medium length train and buttons going down the back. It is also v neck and backless. Smiley smile I love lace but my sister in law and cousin had lace dresses very recently so I wanted something a bit different!

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley heart

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It is ivory with a nude underlay! Smiley love

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So pretty!! I love it!! Is it a pink dress also?! I love the colour!
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with an A-Line dress, it has a lace top and then a little lace at the bottom as well.

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful!!!

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went in with an open mind. Im 5'11 and always had a mermaid in mind. I tried on every style but it was the first dress I put on that I fell in love with. Which is infact a mermaid! It is also all lace! I am in love with the train!

What's your wedding dress style? 4

What's your wedding dress style? 5

May aswell post a photo (or 2)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics