Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's your biggest wedding pet peeve?

Joey, on September 15, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9

Ok, it's the end of another week, so it is time to have a venting session. What is your biggest wedding pet peeve? Is it something about planning? Or something that irritates you when you are a guest? Let it all out, no judgement here!

giphy.gif

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on September 18, 2017 at 13:49
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having people assume that their priority is your priority. I don't care about your divorces or family feuds when I'm designing my seating chart - just sit where I've made a spot for you and then go to your separate corners after dinner!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My pet peeve is drama. I think that covers almost everything previously listed.

• Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    PREACHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes x100! I'm having these problems and it's driving me insane. 😂
  • L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if this counts, but I'm getting real tired of hearing: "Oh you're getting married? But you're so young!" Or "You've only been together for _ long!" LOL like ok thx 4 ur input, aunt Carol. Go play your bingo or something, ya old fart. 😂
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1) When people you've never met assume they're inviting to your wedding because they were best friends with the grooms mother and father a million years ago.

2) When people you've lost touch with assume they're getting an invite.

3) When family members assume they can continue to add people to the guest list even though they aren't helping pay for the wedding at all.

4) When members of the bridal party put all important events on hold, including picking attire because they have other things going on that they felt the need to not tell you about.

5) When jealousy kicks in and people start treating you poorly through the wedding process.

6) When people assume that you need to have equal bridal parties on each side or a wedding party at all in order for you to get married.

7) When people who live out of town and don't understand how hard it is to book vendors here in this city take forever to give you answers regarding whether or not they would like to use the service of the vendor you are trying to book; etc hair and makeup stylists!

I'm sure there are so many other things that will pop up along the way

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's definitely the unsolicited advice you get from everyone even complete strangers. I try to take it positively that they're just excited but it can be overwhelming.
    Also, I really dislike following up with people who didn't rsvp. It's makes me feel like I'm begging people to come but that part is over now LOL
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A few pet peeves when I am a guest:

- when the wedding is delayed, I get if its only 15-20 minutes (these things happen) but I went to a wedding where the bride was over an hour late. we all had to wait, in summer, in a church with no A/C, and then sit through a full Catholic mass (about an hour and a bit long) It was pretty bad, many of the guests were not pleased.

- when the DJ/Music is bad or too loud/the bass is too high. I like good music and dancing to loud music, but there needs to be a happy medium with the sound levels.

- when speeches run too long. I am the first person to say I enjoy wedding speeches and toasts, i know many people dont like them, but I think its nice to hear funny or heartfelt stories from the most important people to the couple. But, when they go on and on for over an hour, it gets pretty bad.

My pet peeves planning:

- receiving unsolicited advice from everyone and their mother about what I should do. Just because you did something a certain way doesn't mean everyone has to do it too.

- people who just assume they are invited because they know us or because they invited us to their wedding 5+ years ago... I have had this happen a few times and it just results in unnecessary drama. I know people feelings can get hurt, but at the end of the day it comes down to who is most important to us and, unfortunately, the budget, which a lot of people surprisingly don't seem to understand.

Feels good to get this all out in the open hahaha!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are a few things that I find are pet peeves for me about weddings, whether planning or attending:

1) really long speeches

2) people who assume they can bring a plus one

3) poor customer service from vendors

4) no real order to the reception (always seems like someone is scrambling)

5) people constantly telling you how your wedding should be

6) poor DJ or music

I cannot think of anything else right now lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics