Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's your biggest wedding day worry?

Joey, on April 10, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 51

Unruly guests. Screaming babies. Things running behind schedule. A last-minute breakout, illness, or early period. A relative hitting the open bar a little too hard. A bad hair day. Wedding crashers. What fears are filling your wedding nightmares?

What's your biggest wedding day worry?

giphy.gif

51 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 00:52
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest worry was my MOH not fitting into her dress. I originally asked all my bridesmaids (4) to send me their measurements for an empire waist dress. The dress has absolutely no stretch and according to the size charts, everyone needed to go a size up as the dress fits small (the website also recommended this and I confirmed with a sales rep).

The day comes to ordering the dress and the MOH tells me to order the same size as bridesmaid #2 (who is clearly a size smaller than MOH and I know this because bridesmaid #2 is usually a Small and MOH is usually a Medium). Bridesmaid #2 tells me to order her a Medium so that meant MOH should have been a Large.

I told MOH that i'm worried it might be too small because the dress doesn't have stretch and is recommended we buy a size up. She tells me she is planning to lose weight and she usually fluctuates 1-2 size... I wasn't too sure how to go about it but since the dresses were 70% off during the labour day long weekend sale, they came to about $35 each so I ended up secretly purchasing both the Medium and Large.

Fast forward 8 months the day of my wedding, the MOH is putting on the Medium it wouldn't zip... 2 of the bridesmaid held the dress together while me and the other bridesmaid tried to zip her dress up... to no avail... there was an inch gap and 2 inches left to zip up. After 10 minutes my mom was able to help her zip it up but you could tell the back had a large cleavage where the skin was clearly folded together.

After the wedding, I was told that even before the ceremony the dress had ripped on the sides and it was too late to give her the Large that was at home. I'm still bugged about it because even to this day my in-laws bring up the "MOH that had her boobs spilling out in a dress that looked too small on her" >=[

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've got a few,
    - Winter weather making it dangerous for people to make the drive, not showing up, hard for photos... Also my dress getting wet in the snow and getting water rings (its satin - still no way of preventing this really).
    - Vendors canceling or not showing up last minute.
    - The day being super sad and me crying the whole time (dad passed away 4 years ago and we were extremely close / my mom will be a mess because this is not what she pictured for the big day)
    - Being sick

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I too suffer from migraines, I get roughly 2-3/month.

theres prescription medications that actually can help! My FHs mom suffers from them as well and has a prescription for migraine pain - she swears by it.

i am a little different, as the medication for pain doesn’t work for me. I take a preventative medication which works well, if I do have a migraine the medication dulls the pain and it becomes more like a minor headache.

just wanted to share because I suffered in silence for so long and it’s absolutely awful.
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg im with you! My fiance makes fun of me all the time bc at any party I just go around saying “are you having fun?” “Are you having fun?” To every singly person! He thinks I will definitely do the same at the wedding 😂
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest worry is that people are going to think my wedding decorations look tacky and that they don’t enjoy themselves and then talking about it afterwards. I am a big worry wart but lately this has been really bugging me as our wedding is simple but elegant.
  • Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hadn't even considered a headache on my wedding day until reading this! I don't get migraines but do get violent tension headaches due to a back injury. They get bad enough to affect my vision and make me vomit. Fingers crossed for app of us that we are headache free on our wedding days!!

My fear is that my two best girlfriends (who are both bridesmaids) will have drama between them on my wedding day! They can't stand each other. It crossed my mind when asking both of them to be in my wedding but my hope is they can swallow their issues for the day for my sake...however, there's been drama between them a few times during the planning process...so I'm nervous. I'm going to do my best to keep distance between them as much as possible for the day.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I'm worried about too!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest worry is that people don’t have fun 😂 but that’s legitimately my worry for any function.
  • Erin
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This may sound bad but I don't have a worry at all.
    Marrying him on a sunny day or marrying him in the pouring rain won't change the day. As long as we get married it'll be perfect!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest worry was people not coming who had RSVP'd yes. Every person I talked to said that happened at their wedding. And, it happened at mine! 14 people! Most of them let us know a few days prior (family emergencies, it was legit) but 4 people just never showed up and we never heard from them! Even still, nine months later, they have not responded to my husband's texts!

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest worry is my FFIL (who has high functioning autism, along with no filter or a sense of when it is appropriate to say something) he has told my FH at the beginning of our relationship that my mother only saw him as cheap depression pills for me.

I am worried that he is going to kick a fuss at the wedding. He has tension with my family after the comment so I am not sure what is going to happen, I just know I don't want it to happen.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a huge worry for me too. When mine shows up, it's Pain City and I really don't want to deal with that or the breakthrough worries Smiley sad

Family drama and inappropriate jokes are a big worry for me, mostly. I'm a worrier so I could go all day about it all

• Zoe Grace
    Beginner October 2023 Ontario
    Zoe Grace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People not showing up, the decorations not looking like how I want it, my long divorced parents getting into a fight, people not having a good time, etc.

My my wedding is a year out and I’m already having nightmares 😅
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one showing up, nothing working out etc
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Either money or family drama with my mum.. we’re not that close and I honestly don’t really want her there that day but she probably will be. If she doesn’t come, drama with other people not going. If she does come, her being known as the mother of the bride drives me nuts considering she doesn’t want to do any mother of the bride duties..

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Money. Paying vendors without issue.
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People wrecking our ceremony photos by using their phones....
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest worry is that my FMIL and her friends are going to get super drunk and just be loud and obnoxious like they are up at the cottage. I also share the fear of sweating too much though and smelling while I'm going around to all my guests

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That my kids will be sick. I can deal with me being sick but sick toddlers are NO FUN.
  • R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh gosh... I hadn't thought of this. Fellow Migraine sufferer here to share in your concern!

• R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People not showing up to my wedding celebration is my biggest worry. Interpersonally, SWEATING or falling.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't think about all the worries till I read this lol!! so I guess I worry about the time line of the day. I'm really stressed about logistics of going home after the reception, my 2 girls (who will be 3 and 4 when we get married) will be with us but I have no idea who they will be with at the end of the night. We live close to our venue and my FMIL doesn't drink and could take the girls back to our house at a reasonable time but she has some mobility issues and then my FH would probably have to go with her but then how would he get back? I worry about making sure there is enough food for everyone, we're not having like a dinner- just an assortment of hot and cold apps so just making sure everyone gets enough. There's probably more but lots of time to figure it out and also lots of time to find more worries!!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest fear is feeling sick on the day. I've suffered from migraines all of my life, and I'm terrified I will be vomiting and prostrate on the couch ay my own wedding. There's nothing I can really do to prevent this except take things easy the days before and cross my fingers all goes well.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let's be real, what am I not worried about?

Keeping on time is probably my biggest worry, particularly when it comes to pictures during cocktail hour. I don't want to keep the guests waiting too long during cocktail hour for dinner.

I'm also quite worried that somehow we'll miss talking to one of our guests and they'll be upset with us.

I'm worried that my step-father will make a rude remark (he doesn't have a filter) and offend another guest.

I'm worried that my step-mother will make a scene because even though she'll be in some family photos she won't be in all of them, I don't want her getting ready with us, the step parents aren't included in the parent speech or she'll be bent out of shape that my dad won't be able to be at her side all night as he'll have some other duties.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have many worries..

Honestly the only thing i'm concerned might happen is my step sister shows up. I do not like her and I don't talk with her unless we are at a family event, and even thenI keep my distance. I have been told that its extremely rude to not invite her when im inviting everyone else.. but I don't care, I don't like her as a person and I wont have her there. so if she shows up my FH said he would take care of it.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am worried about my period mostly. It doesn't come on any set schedule- last month it was 2 weeks late and when it DID come I felt SO sick (Incredibly nauseous, hard to sit/stand upright) it happened the day of our joint bachelor/bachelorette party so it completely ruined that for me...I went, but had a miserable time Smiley sad

SO SO worried that is going to happen for the wedding day...because the wedding day falls 2 weeks after it should start :/

Also a little worried about the weather...but we have a back up indoor space for pictures so Im not TOO worried

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many things.

My mother is VERY loud, and loves to be the centre of attention. Her and my dad haven't been together since I was 2 and they just talk about each other constantly and it is very irritating.

My dad loves making gross dirty jokes. I've enlisted my sister to control my mother and my step-mom to control my father. Hope that goes well.

And then there is FMIL...she literally hates everything. She hates flying, she hates the ferry, she hates driving, she complains and sends back food EVERYWHERE she goes.

And then of course I'm worried if it rains. There is a backup plan, but my whole ceremony and reception will be outdoors.

Lord help me.

• Rachel-Anne
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unexpected guests!
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1. Weather! We are super excited to be getting married on the beach and it would suck if the weather didn't cooperate. There is a plan B, but the room does not match with one single part of our wedding, so it would be a bummer for sure.

2. Resort food. We won't have a chance to try the food until the day before, so i'm really hoping it just works!

3. Drama. FH's parents are both with new people now, and have been for years. Even so, there are a lot of hard feelings and things are always tense. This normally wouldn't bother me, but there only 30 of us in total... no where to hide!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am making FH buck up for once.. and deal with the awkward convo. Not my invitees.. so he can deal with it. Haha. That's cute. I thought it would come across enough without having to do that.. but I guess not. I could understand if it was a newborn, or if they were travelling even. But they are local and so are their parents, and the kid is 3. Also as being a distant friend or acquaintance.. who assumes your child is invited anyways. Unless the invite is addresses and family.

All of my family has been super receptive to the idea thankfully. My siblings want a "date night" anyways. My sister told me even if I wanted my niece in the wedding party she wouldn't want her at the reception. My brother and his GF found out it's a toonie bar. So they are more than willing to ditch the kids. My aunt doesn't like to have her daughter around lots of alcohol anyways. So that part is good. The only "kids" are FH's 2 teenage nephews. But I think teenagers don't classify as children. And they are our ushers.

We did offer for any families that have to travel that we can try to make arrangements for them here. But all family has been supportive and understand the request.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m most worried about random drama, Our wedding is right before the federal election and I hope people keep politics at the door!
    I also worry about people ignoring the unplugged ceremony/no kids rule 😒
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Umm, I guess there are a few things that worry me.

1) My older cousin making a scene because we said 'only the kids that are specifically named are invited', mostly due to lack of space... and her kid didn't make the cut because she'll likely dump him on another younger cousin to watch all night and I think that's just unfair (I was that cousin at the last wedding);

2) My dad grabbing the mic to make very inappropriate jokes;

3) Tension between the people who don't speak French and the ones that don't speak English. *Insert Québec vs. the ROC jokes/assumptions/stereotypes/debate here*

4) Nobody showing up. This comes from a traumatic 18th bday where most of my friends didn't show up at the restaurant.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics