Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's mom wearing?

Joey, on August 20, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

What will your mom wear to your wedding? Did you go shopping together or did she choose her outfit alone? Is she matching or complimenting your wedding color palette, or wearing something totally different? Is it long or short? Will the moms match each other or not?

Time for a mom fashion show (and tell!)

What's mom wearing? 1

Photo by Singh Photography in Winnepeg

16 Comments

Latest activity by Shelby, on August 23, 2018 at 04:42
  • Shelby
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Havent gotten that far yet... but I need to go shopping with her. 😂 love her but she does not know how to dress. 💕
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom and I are gonna go sholping together, she’s already talked about the style and color she likes, floor length and to match my theme which I love.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom picked out her own dress... My only request was that it wasn't red lol. It's knee length and navy- very pretty!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Complimenting our colours and matching my dad!! Shell be in a fancy pant suit with a Cape top likely she loves them and they look great on her!!!
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what my mom is wearing. The photo doesnt really do it justice, she looks like a million bucks!!!

What's mom wearing? 2
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom got her dress while in Scotland visiting family. She went dress shopping with my grandma and my moms best friend. she sent me pictures to make sure I liked it. It is navy blue with a sequin peplum top and keyhole back, it if floor length, it curves around her hips and drops nicely. my mom and FMIL will not match.

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My plan is to go shopping with my mom and grandma and help them pick out their dresses. My grandma would look amazing in a navy dress and I know my mom would want something younger looking and hopefully long Smiley heart

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with my mom in March and she got a pewter gray dress with silver, navy and light blue embellishments. I think it will stand apart, but it’s not so drastic that it will clash.
  • Ashley
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom and I went shopping together after she short listed some options Smiley smile
    Her colours compliment the overall wedding colours, but match with my brothers colours...and has a nod to some elements of my dress (if I had beads, she has beads; if I had lace, she has lace, If I had sparkle, she had sparkle etc)
    We went with something a bit younger looking than most MOB outfits, cause she was a young mom. She is in a solid colour, floor length, open backed number with a little more body hugging fabric than I've seen on traditional MOB dresses.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom lives in a small-ish community 5 hours away, so she had limited places to shop. She visited me for a weekend and we went to probably 8 stores before she found one. It was navy, which she didn't want since the bridesmaid dresses were a lighter blue, but I didn't care what colour she wore!

It's always "fun" going shopping with my mom because we both have completely different tastes! What I like she doesn't and vice versa. But, I ended up liking the dress she chose!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom just picked a dress out of her closet... It was an old one she hadnt worn in a looooong time and was pale yellow which was one of our wedding colours!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I forgot to add saree.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A beautiful blue with gold trim.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would love to see my mom in a flowy/colorful Hi-Low tea-length dress, with an exaggerated bow/belt around the waist like this one:

MOTB DressWhat's mom wearing? 3

My problem with most MOTB dresses is that they look a bit outdated and too formal. I want my mom to look good, but we're not doing a black tie wedding and I definitely don't want to age her with the outfit either.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom has a really nice figure, so she can wear some pretty awesome dresses... however, most MOTB dresses are made to be more complimentary to the average middle aged woman's body type... so a lot of the dresses are frumpy looking on her... or she tries "special occasion" dresses for younger women, and they are part sheer, cut out, etc...

We are searching high and low for the perfect gown. In her dream world, she will find a light silver, floor length, glitzed out gown.

We found one I loved at David's Bridal, but it was navy (my bridesmaid's colour)... and although it looked totally different than anything the girls would wear, and it was glitzed out, she didn't want navy.

The search continues!

What's mom wearing? 4What's mom wearing? 5

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well.... We haven't gone shopping yet but I really don't have the same style as my mom so I don't think that I will be much help...

The most I can help is that I can tell her she looks great and that she should choose comfort over all because it will be outdoors!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics