Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

What would you want as a thank you gift?

Becky, on June 4, 2019 at 13:57 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

I know there have been many discussions on what you have put in thank you boxes for your girls or guys. If you were in the wedding party though, what would you like as a gift? Something more practical? Something special? What is something as a thank you gift that you have received and loved?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on June 13, 2019 at 17:02
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are giving quite pricey and sentimental gifts to our party, but that is mostly because they are all family. My sister and his sister will get Royal Doulton figurines that resemble them. We will get silver cufflinks for his brother and best friend.

What would you want as a thank you gift? 1
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Vinod! Appreciate the feedback Smiley smile

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Stephanie! I did get robes/hangers for day of- I am having hard time because feel like gave them way to much for proposals.. like the wine glasses, makeup bag, wine with label and few others. I had few of the girls say that they dont think I should be getting more because got them stuff prior.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like things that are fun! Sentimental! Or food/drink related! I got my girls some homemade bottles of wine with custom labels and custom cards with printed photo collages for each girl! And then some getting ready robes which honestly were more for me and photos Haha! Also I printed them custom boxes but I work at a print company so that was a work perk Haha!

What would you want as a thank you gift? 2
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a wedding party member, I'm one to say practical over materialistic. Anything that is even a gift card with a thank you card would work. Cologne set is another nice thought and usable for the most part.

We went simple to give our wedding party Cologne sets for the men and perfume sampler box to the MOHs. Over time, even dates on gifts as keepsakes aren't forever.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Bianca Smiley smile I agree with not all are keepsakes and timeless!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like a nice piece of jewelry that I could wear at the wedding and in the future as a reminder of that special day. I think it's definitely something timeless that everyone in your bridal party would be sure to keep! There's tons of cute options out there, but not all of those trendy things (socks, bathrobes, totes) are timeless and forever keepsakes.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Allison! Appreciate the ideas Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like all sorts of gifts: the practical ones that you'd use over and over again are the best IMO but I do like receiving something personal/special as it shows thought was put into it. I do like the gifts where it says the wedding date/role in wedding party, especially if I can use it again (i.e. tumblers).

I'm doing a mix of practical/personalized/special gifts for my bridal party. They are all getting tote bags and cozy socks (practical) and compact mirrors with the wedding date engraved (personalized but also practical). Each girl will also get something unique to them (a necklace, land lotion, etc).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t been in a bridal party before and likely the only one I’ll ever be in will be my sisters.

if I were to get a gift as a BM or MOH, I would prefer to have the bride contribute to hair/make up or the dress.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been in 2 weddings and both times the bride paid for hair and makeup, the dress rental and got us all matching necklace and earrings.

Now it's my turn as the bride and I'm struggling. I have agree to pay for the dress rental, hair and make up as for the jewelry it's hard. 2 of the girls don't wear earrings, 1 has flat out said she wont wear any jewelry or make up, so I'm thinking bracelet instead.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Candace Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went the thoughtful route and got my bridesmaids an engraved picture on a necklace or keychain for them of their pets and they all LOVED them. I got them from getnamenecklace.com

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Casey! Appreciate the input

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Valerie! Appreciate that

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I would prefer an experience than something physical.
    The first wedding I was in, we got a compact mirror with our initials engraved on them. Over 10 years later, it's still in my jewelry box unused.
    The other wedding I participated in, I received a gift certificate for the Nordik Spa in Chelsea, Qc. Let's just say that I enjoyed the spa day much more than the compact mirror!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have only been in one wedding party (my sisters) and she gave us gifts for the day of. We got a pair of earrings (blue to match the dresses) and a broach for our dresses. Honestly, they were both beautiful and I didn't have to think of earrings for the day, but the broach is still attached to the dress and I have not touched it in almost 7 years.

As for the earrings, they are beautiful, but I have only worn them once to a baby shower and she was having a boy so I felt that it was fitting!

Personally, I would like something that is a little more practical. Things for the day of are nice, but trying to make sure that they can be used afterwards can be hard.

I did a bottle of wine for their proposal, so I didn't want to do the same for the thank you gift. Right now I am looking at tumblers with their names on it, socks that say "bridesmaid" on the bottom, and those fabric elastics with the knots that will say "bridesmaid" on them as well.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've only been in a wedding once as MH for my best friend, and she paid for the dresses, shoes, make up and hair soooo that was MORE than enough of a gift. I think something unique to the person would be better then a generic jewelry piece or something like that.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's nice! I love eye brow threading! Everyone is so different in my wedding party and even if got a necklace it wouldn't suit everyone. Just stumped on what to do! I have been in few wedding party's before and got gifts never used again. Thought would try a poll and see what people like. got told about watches but found it to be too much

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have yet to be in a wedding party (I'm only 21 and the only one in my group of friends who is engaged) - but I asked what my girls would like and they were hoping for eaither eyebrow threading or body sugaring. I don't want to get them things that they won't use so I thought it best to just ask them and see what they would like. Plus I will probably also supply them with a bottle of wine like I did for their BM proposal boxes.

As for the men, that is up to the FH. Not coming from me so I really don't care what they get as long as it's in the same price range that I am getting for the girls.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics