Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

What will you be doing your first Christmas married together/engaged together? Or what did you do?

Bethany, on December 10, 2017 at 14:00 Posted in Living together 0 19
Congratulations to all of you newly weds/engaged couples! Will you be starting some new traditions? Spending time with family or staying in?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kristine, on January 12, 2018 at 14:47
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spent Christmas morning together.

Christmas afternoon/evening with my family (the entire family gets together).

Drove to his families (at 11pm) after that so we could wake up there boxing day. (only his mom/step dad/sister)

That will definitely be changing once we have kids!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My partner and I have been common law partners for quite a while now. Every holidays we visit his family in Edmonton and every summer we visit my family in Europe. So we are doing the same thing this year as well.

Happy new year everyone!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went back to Ottawa this year, to see our families and friends. We were able to squeeze in a couple of site visits for venues we liked. Now we’re back and both sick as dogs. So we’ll be spending our NYE bundled up in our pjs, sipping Buckley’s by the fire hahaha
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol sure was. The snow made it a 10 hour drive...

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours was a 6 hour drive between the two families, it makes Christmas feel like such a long tiring day

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to start a new tradition with my fiance but instead we ended up travelling between both families like we always do. Hopefully once we are married our families will be a little more understanding.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you two had safe travels!

FH and I had a five hour drive on the 23rd. Which turned into a seven hour drive! Four accidents (three heading the other direction though) and we were stopped for almost two hours behind one involving 15 cars.

I was driving and was a nervous wreck most of the way!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yeah!!! Oh well!! It will be fun when we get there!! Safe travels to you too!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh bummer. we will be the only losers on the roads/in the air Smiley cry safe travels!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know the feeling!! I have a four hour flight on Christmas 😬
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be our first Christmas engaged! We will be spending the morning for just us. We plan to make a yummy breakfast together then open gifts before we head over to his parents for the rest of the day. My family is all over the place, my dad and stepmom in Kentucky, mom, stepdad and younger brother in Ingersoll and my sister in Toronto. Luckily I'll see my older brother and dad and stepmom Saturday! Sadly this is the first Christmas without my FHs Nana so early Christmas morning we will visit her gravesite.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We go to Pickering to be with family every year and take turns tp be with my family in Mississauga alternate years

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be splitting xmas between our two families.... Which sadly means a 7 hour drive on xmas day lol.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My parents moved out here the summer I met my fiance, so that made it easier to spend the holidays with them. Our first year together, we spend Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with mine. We were going to switch it the next year, but family drama on his side and he thought it best to not spend the holidays with them. It is unfortunate but I fully support his decision.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's very wise!
    This is also our first Christmas as a married couple.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw congratulations! So cute! And definitely a good idea for some quiet time. My fiancé and I alternate Christmas between our parents because they are in different provinces.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw very cute! I love that idea. We are going to my parents as well! But it's a couple provinces over. I can't wait! Right now we are rotating Christmas at my fiancé's parents and at my parents before we start having kids. I'm still contemplating traditions as well. Have fun at your parents and Christmas party!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to be doing what we normally do for Christmas: split our time between our families and have some quiet time just the two of us. It will also be the 1 year anniversary of when we got engaged this Christmas.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be going to my parents, who live about 5 hours away from us. Fiance used to live in that city before we met and still has friends there. They put on a Christmas party every year, which he would like to go to.

We haven't really talked traditions we want to start yet. I have made (or bought) an advent calendar for him every year so far, so I plan on continuing that.

My family is also doing Christmas slightly different this year. Instead of buying gifts for the adults, we are buying a dollar store gift that represents ourselves. Then, we are all guessing who brought what gift. Whoever gets the most right, wins all the gifts.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics