Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Curious July 2020 Ontario

What song are you planning to walk down the aisle to and what song are you going to use for your first dance?

Katrina, on August 12, 2018 at 14:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 49
Hello ladies and gentlemen just curious to see what other people are thinking when it comes to walking down the aisle are you going to go with their traditional wedding march maybe a song that means something to both of you or maybe even something silly to dance down to let me know your thoughts!
secondly what song did you do your first dance to was it fast was it slow again did it mean something to the both of you or did it just sound really pretty I think I've figured out the song that we're going to do our first dance to but I have no idea what to do while I walk down the aisle my mom would prefer something soft and traditional or romantic and I want to dance down the aisle to something silly looking for suggestions comments or fun stories about your walk down the aisle and first dance.

49 Comments

Latest activity by Adamay, on September 15, 2018 at 15:02
  • Adamay
    Beginner August 2019 California
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning a Sam Smith song to walk down the aisle to. Either Lay Me Down or his cover of How Will I Know. For our first dance, we are going to do Florence and the Machine's cover of Stand By Me Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to Dan + Shay's "Speechless" Smiley smile

• Lauren
    Beginner February 2019 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m walking down the aisle to Neil
    Young’s Harvest Moon, and our first dance song is Dean Martin’s Ain’t that a kick in the head!
  • S
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Samira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m singing look at me down the aisle by Carrie Underwood and first dance song will be photograph Ed Sheeran
  • T
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My song down the aisle is just the piano version of perfect!! First dance song is "I cant help falling in love" by Haley Reinhardt

• T
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats my first dance song! I love her version. I know its a cliche but I just love it!!!

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pretty sure it’s going to be “I’m kissing you” by Des’ree. 😁
  • Samantha
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am walking down the aisle to Found a Heart by Emily Hearn. I'm not sure if we'll have an actual first dance, but if so, I'd like H.O.L.Y by Florida Georgia Line.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am walking down the aisle to Can't Help Falling In Love with You by Haley Reinhardt. It was one of my grandfathers favourite songs and this version is stunningly beautiful. Our first dance will be to Perfect by Ed Sheeran.

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's my song too!! I'm having my musician friends sing it while I go down the aisle Smiley smile It's such a beautiful message.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Down the aisle will be Hedwig's Theme (Harry Potter) we still haven't decided on first dance, I'm leaning towards A Whole New World (because we're long distance and we have to travel around to see each other haha), but he's more country, so I guess we'll have to reach some sort of compromise.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are walking down the aisle to Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" and our first dance is "Beautiful in White" by Westlife. My personal preference is to go for a romantic love song as you walk down the aisle and you can play it up with a fun song for your first dance!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The one is our first dance song. Love it so much!
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Choosing the music has truly been one of the hardest parts for me! My FH and I are still narrowing down our first dance song.

Ive chosen Feels Like Home bun hannahs yard. It’s a really slow beautiful version of the original.

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are going to be walking down the aisle to "The One" by Kodaline, and i'll be following behind to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, the Piano Guys version. We haven't chosen our first dance song yet, but we really like "All I need" by AWOLNATION.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Girl I am with you 100%. We are also doing this for our first dance. Whenever it comes on the radio I get really excited at first, but by the chorus I’m sitting there crying!
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we decided on "Marry Me" by Train for my walk down the aisle, and "Broken Road" for our first dance. Still to be 100% finalized (getting married one year from today, yay!), but we keep going back to those ones...

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to don”a thousand years” for waking down the aisle. It will instrumental for everyone and then switch to the lyrics when I start walking down the aisle. we picked it because we love how romantic the song is.
    For the first dance we are doing “looking through your eyes” because it’s a song from my favourite movie growing up (quest for Camelot) and I’ve made my fiancé watch it so many times that he really enjoys the duet.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing a proper Catholic ceremony, so we're doing "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desireing" by Bach to walk down the aisle, and our first dance is "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher 🤗
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we figured out our first and song it's All My Life K-Ci & Jojo
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are actually big fans of the office to that's actually great idea I hope he says yes!
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning to play "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry walking down the aisle. That's the first song i sang to him on our first road trip. As for first dance, I haven't decided. I Swing dancing and I would love our first dance song to be "Dance with me tonight" by Olly Murs. However, Fiance is totally not into dancing. So, I am not sure as of now yet.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have't decided because I do want to run it by my FH but we are both big fans of The Office so I think I want to pick the song used in Dwight and Angela's wedding. Its a version of Sweet Child of mine but by a string Quartet. Dwight and Angela wedding song I have attached it her.

I have not decided on a first dance song though.

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Still stuck on the walk down the aisle song. I think its a toss up of Home (glee version) or a remix to feels like home (thats the song I walked down the aisle to when we first married). Our first dance will be boxes by the goo goo dolls
  • Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking down the ailse - thousand years by christina perri. First dance still undecided but FH wanted "Marry You" by bruno mars
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking down the aisle to Home by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros. And we're not doing a first dance.
  • Holly
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm walking down to a song called Ashokan Farewell by the Cairn String Quartet. It's so beautiful!

And our first dance will be to Stand By Me by Florence + The Machine

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an Indian song Jiya Dadak Dadak Jaye for the wedding entrance and Truly Madly Deeply for our first dance song.

• Gabrielle
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My main goal through the whole day is going to be trying not to cry LOL
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance song will be "From the Ground Up" by Dan & Shay. I cry (happy tears) every time I hear it and think about being married to him... Smiley cry Smiley xd Smiley heart So I'll have to work on that... Haha. Don't have a 'down the aisle' song yet...

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They potter sound track 😍😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics