Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Curious July 2020 Ontario

What song are you planning to walk down the aisle to and what song are you going to use for your first dance?

Katrina, on August 12, 2018 at 14:50

Posted in Wedding reception 49

Hello ladies and gentlemen just curious to see what other people are thinking when it comes to walking down the aisle are you going to go with their traditional wedding march maybe a song that means something to both of you or maybe even something silly to dance down to let me know your thoughts!...
Hello ladies and gentlemen just curious to see what other people are thinking when it comes to walking down the aisle are you going to go with their traditional wedding march maybe a song that means something to both of you or maybe even something silly to dance down to let me know your thoughts!
secondly what song did you do your first dance to was it fast was it slow again did it mean something to the both of you or did it just sound really pretty I think I've figured out the song that we're going to do our first dance to but I have no idea what to do while I walk down the aisle my mom would prefer something soft and traditional or romantic and I want to dance down the aisle to something silly looking for suggestions comments or fun stories about your walk down the aisle and first dance.

49 Comments

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Walking down the aisle - Harry in Winter from a Harry Potter soundtrack

First dance - Lucky/Fly Me to the Moon

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be walking down the aisle to Pachbel’s Canon in d. We’ll have a strings version of it. And then for the first dance we’ll be doing something Ed Sheeran as he’s one of the first things that got us actually talking like friends! So far we’re leaning towards Kiss Me because it’s jut beautiful
  • Kaleen
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Kaleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am walking down the isle to a cover of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, done by The Piano Guys, and our first dance will be You and Me by Lifehouse. It was the first song we ever danced to so we thought it would be really nice to have it as our first dance as husband and wife!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great song Choices and I completely agree I figured doing a more traditional start since I do have quite a bit to walk considering we're up north and I have to walk from the house to the ceremony location we could start out with a traditional March that totally Fades into my fun song
    Your advice is very appreciated and very helpful!
    I also love that it'll be a surprise to my guess as well as my fiance but also depict our relationship so well as I never take anything seriously lol
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I laughed when my mom suggested all the 'traditional' wedding/bridal march songs. I find these songs quite outdated and would rather choose something a bit more meaningful to us as a couple.

Right now, I'm thinking of having a cover of La Vie En Rose by Daniela Andrade. I wanted something with a bit of French in it, as I'm French-Canadian and thought this song would be perfect!!

As for our first song, we've decided to go with 'our' song: Baby, I Love Your Way bu Peter Frampton.

Stick to your guns when it comes to these details. Your guests (and your parents!) probably won't remember what songs you walked down the aisle or first danced to, but you and your FH will!

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Originally I wanted a hundred people tops unfortunately though my family is quite large and my other half's family is small but he wants lots of his friends there since that is his family in his opinion I tried to keep it down but everytime I redo the guestlist it comes to about a hundred and twenty at least so we are just planning for a hundred and fifty. I originally only wanted to spend 5 to 6, 000 as well luckily though my mom in order to keep most of my family on the guestlist offered to pay for the tents the dishes and the tables which brought my budget for everything else down exponentially letting her keep most of our family on the guest list lol
    to be honest at this point I rather my mom just invite me to the wedding tell me where to go and when so I don't have to plan anything LOL
  • Kaitlyn-Anne
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it's very intimate mostly immediate family and our friends. I honestly am hoping for the budget to be $5-6K. So we'll see how it goes haha
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my God you're basically describing everything I told my mother everything on my Spotify playlist is 80's 90's fun party music and of course some classics, I personally want the wedding to be very relaxed and very fun not too stuffy.
    it sounds like our Visions are pretty similar lol
    Somehow my guestlist made it to a hundred and fifty but we do want to keep it intimate light and fun.
  • Kaitlyn-Anne
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's going to be a small gathering so I want to make it as fun as possible. Plus with my personality and humor I want things to be fun. I plan on making a Spotify playlist and it's going to be 90s and 2000s throwbacks.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my God I love it so much the rubber chicken version of The Wedding March would be so funny but so cute I also really love your other song but I think that the rubber chicken one would be better compromise.
    I was thinking Bruno Mars Uptown Funk or something silly like that with a good beat lol
  • Kaitlyn-Anne
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been saying for years I would walk down the isle to "low" by t-pain but I'm thinking that's is a definate no haha. I've also joked about walking down the isle to the rubber chicken version of wedding march.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually think that would be great! Start off slow and traditional and then it switches to a super up beat song where you kind of dance down the rest of the aisle. That way you get what you like and your mom and it’s unique and cute
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a beautiful first dance song but unfortunately it was my mother and father's wedding song as well and they have been divorced since then my mom asked me kindly not to play it at all at the wedding LOL
    I of how you came down to something that meant something to you in a more traditional sense of it being an Indian song it was probably so beautiful 😍
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing a backyard ceremony at my family Cottage so very untraditional in that sense I am a very silly person so I thought if I started my first part of the walk to the traditional music and then it turned into something silly as I hit the end of the aisle would be fun but my mom and most of my aunts and stuff think I should not do that they also suggested when we come into the reception area to do something silly, definitely can appreciate your suggestion.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Indian Civil wedding song was an Indian song chosen by me. First dance song was Truly Deeply and Madly by Savage Garden.

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should pick a song for walking down the aisle that matches your ceremony and where it’s being held. I’m most likely doing the traditional wedding song but that’s because I’m getting married in a church, I think a fun song that you can dance to down the aisle would be so cute!! You can also save that song for when you enter the venue and then do a soft, traditional song for walking down the aisle

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics