Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

What part of planning has taken up the most of your time?

Stephanie, on November 30, 2018 at 21:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27

There's lots to think about when wedding planning! What task would you say you have spent the most time on?

I think for me, it was finding a venue. I looked up and e-mailed pretty much every venue in my city, even if they were smaller than what I was needing (and I live in a large city!). Then, there were the venue tours, although we found our venue on the third tour and cancelled the other appointments, otherwise, it would've been a lot longer!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Paige, on December 29, 2018 at 06:51
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaid dresses! I’ll admit I was being picky lol but I was trying to find a balance between the look I wanted and cost. We ended up with beautiful but extremely affordable dresses ($27.99 and $34.99) that they’d also wear again. Now it feels like I’m good and could totally get married tomorrow lol.
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Decorations for sure!
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to reserve a block of hotel rooms. Didn’t go so well. Turns out to be a big conversation weekend and most hotels are sold out or only have a few rooms left.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seating chart was probably my biggest time consumer! It was like trying to put together a very difficult puzzle.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep! We have a lot to figure out for space/seating wise and we each work 3 jobs so we need to start things early to get them done on time!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're already working on the seating chart???

• Alli
    Frequent user November 2019 Alberta
    Alli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, it's been the guest list. Which is driving the FH and I a little crazy! Smiley xd

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seating chart! The guest list was the easy part for me but the seating chart has been hard as I want to make sure someone from both sides is at every table 😊
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely the guest list, everything else was fairly simple to decide I found. I spent a lot of time and discussions on the guest list.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The. guest. list.
    sweet baby jesus.
    we both have huge families, and we're both the first wedding in like..30 years, so everyone is SO stoked, but our venue can hold a max of 220 (which is still an absurdly huge number). narrowing down all of our guests to get a number that doesn't make me want to cry has taken at least 8 months,....keep me in your prayers.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We planned everything big within the first month or so .. and now I have 7 months of planning time left to figure out the decor, and honestly it might take me that long! haha I cant decide on anything

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its a tie in 2 way for me personally as the time was equally put in the same. The venue to ensure all was good and up to date with payments.

Second was the time with MOHs planning the dance during the last 2 months and outfit shopping and tailoring. The same place where my suit and husbands wedding outfit was bought.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decorations as they are an outgoing thing. Signage, centerpieces, table runners, tea lights, regular lights, etc. Then I would say looking for his wedding band. Lastly, I would say transportation. The rest of the details have been very easy for us to agree upon.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You don't have to have one if you don't want to. I personally really wanted my girls by my side.

Since your wedding is still a bit aways. you have time to decide if you want them or not.

• K
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Katlynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding party !!

Do do I have to have one ? Hahaha

i cant decide and it doesn’t help that No one is offering to help with planning.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decorations. I have been back and forth about EVERYTHING in my mind, I have zero vision. I have spent a lot of time thinking about linens, signage, backdrops, and centrepieces. I am the literal WORST at trying to picture what a space will look like.

• Z
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I straight up had a shouting match with my mum regarding wedding favours. She wanted to go all out and have gendered gifts (she wanted to get stuff like scarves for my summer wedding (????) men's and women's), and I wanted just general gifts (like a bottle of olive oil). We were back and forth at each other for about three months and constantly at each others throats about it every time the wedding came up in conversation. My dad had to come end it and say we're not doing wedding favours unless we can come to an agreement. We are no longer doing wedding favours LOL.

The second longest thing is now FOOD. We booked our venue at a unique time in which they are adjusting their menu for 2019, and our vendor was gracious enough to let us select from both menus. The 2019 menu isn't coming out until January 2019, so now I'm just sitting here in a huge ball of anxiety. My FH is more picky than I am about food, so I've left him in charge but I think that's making me feel worse, haha.

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Decorations! To make sure I have enough ahha. My venue is booked, officiant was a little difficult. Dresses for bridesmaids are done.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deciding on bridesmaids. and now deciding on a bridesmaid dress colour.

ridiculous I know. I struggled with picking bridesmaids, because FH wanted 4 people on his side. and didn't want our sides uneven (he felt really strongly on this..it was strange). and I had a hard time narrowing down.

and then dress color. found one dress colour I loved. but it didn't come in junior bridesmaid size (niece is in our wedding...and she is too old for flower girl dresses). so then I went on a search for fabric color similar to have her dress made (legit...searched 4 cities in Ontario, 3 places in Michigan and a friends mom looked in fabric/quilting country of Pennsylvania). and NO luck. so then I started looking at other dress colors. I have found one I like. but haven't seen it in person. so that still could change when I see it. hahahha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far just the venue search but even that was pretty fast. We only did venue tours of like 3 or 4 places but fell in love with the last one and the rest that we have booked was fairly simple and we went with our first choices Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deciding on favours. My god, the favours. I think they're old-fashioned and kinda unnecessary and that if they are given out, it's more of a token (i.e., chocolates, which is awesome imo - who doesn't like chocolate???). My FH's family thinks they need to be unique and fancy and DAZZLING. The struggle is real, guys.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Finding him a ring!! Smiley xd

He wants something totally different from the norm, so it's been hard to lock one down. He's not great at making big decisions (ironic, I know) and we both want one that he will absolutely love and that reflects him.

We have been looking at rings for almost a year now - slowly but surely we're narrowing the style down. Only 6 more months to go!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Researching vendors! Since we are planning long distance, we don't have the luxury of meeting with potential vendors all the time.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue search, which also included deciding whether to get married where we live (Alberta) or where we're from (Ontario/Québec).

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only looked up venues (officially) for a week or two... I'd been mentally planning weddings since my event/wedding planning course years before Haha. We did one venue visit, and booked it. We knew it was perfect.

The most time consuming part has been planning, deciding on, and making my DIY decor... my centrepieces are nearly complete, after 5 months of back and forth on what to do.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have to say the venue search as well. I emailed any location in the area that was in our budget. Researching and comparing each venue was the most time consuming. We only went to see 2 venues ( my top 2 choices) and ended up loving the first one right away!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography has taken the longest for us! Trying to find someone in our budget has been exhausting

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics