Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

What part of planning has taken up the most of your time?

Stephanie, on 30/November/2018 at 21:17 Posted in Plan a wedding

There's lots to think about when wedding planning! What task would you say you have spent the most time on?

I think for me, it was finding a venue. I looked up and e-mailed pretty much every venue in my city, even if they were smaller than what I was needing (and I live in a large city!). Then, there were the venue tours, although we found our venue on the third tour and cancelled the other appointments, otherwise, it would've been a lot longer!

Share:

23 Comments

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    View quoted message
    Yep! We have a lot to figure out for space/seating wise and we each work 3 jobs so we need to start things early to get them done on time!
  • Jennifer
    Featured July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer Online ·
    View quoted message

You're already working on the seating chart???

• Alli
    Beginner November 2019 Alberta
    Alli ·

For me, it's been the guest list. Which is driving the FH and I a little crazy!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    Seating chart! The guest list was the easy part for me but the seating chart has been hard as I want to make sure someone from both sides is at every table 😊
  • Kaisha
    Featured March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·

Definitely the guest list, everything else was fairly simple to decide I found. I spent a lot of time and discussions on the guest list.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·

The. guest. list.
    sweet baby jesus.
    we both have huge families, and we're both the first wedding in like..30 years, so everyone is SO stoked, but our venue can hold a max of 220 (which is still an absurdly huge number). narrowing down all of our guests to get a number that doesn't make me want to cry has taken at least 8 months,....keep me in your prayers.

• Janaya
    Frequent user August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·

We planned everything big within the first month or so .. and now I have 7 months of planning time left to figure out the decor, and honestly it might take me that long! haha I cant decide on anything

• Vinod
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·

Its a tie in 2 way for me personally as the time was equally put in the same. The venue to ensure all was good and up to date with payments.

Second was the time with MOHs planning the dance during the last 2 months and outfit shopping and tailoring. The same place where my suit and husbands wedding outfit was bought.

• Sharlene
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·

Decorations as they are an outgoing thing. Signage, centerpieces, table runners, tea lights, regular lights, etc. Then I would say looking for his wedding band. Lastly, I would say transportation. The rest of the details have been very easy for us to agree upon.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer Online ·
    View quoted message

You don't have to have one if you don't want to. I personally really wanted my girls by my side.

Since your wedding is still a bit aways. you have time to decide if you want them or not.

• K
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Katlynne ·
    Wedding party !!

Do do I have to have one ? Hahaha

i cant decide and it doesn’t help that No one is offering to help with planning.
  • Michelle
    Devoted April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·

Decorations. I have been back and forth about EVERYTHING in my mind, I have zero vision. I have spent a lot of time thinking about linens, signage, backdrops, and centrepieces. I am the literal WORST at trying to picture what a space will look like.

• Z
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Zoë ·

I straight up had a shouting match with my mum regarding wedding favours. She wanted to go all out and have gendered gifts (she wanted to get stuff like scarves for my summer wedding (????) men's and women's), and I wanted just general gifts (like a bottle of olive oil). We were back and forth at each other for about three months and constantly at each others throats about it every time the wedding came up in conversation. My dad had to come end it and say we're not doing wedding favours unless we can come to an agreement. We are no longer doing wedding favours LOL.

The second longest thing is now FOOD. We booked our venue at a unique time in which they are adjusting their menu for 2019, and our vendor was gracious enough to let us select from both menus. The 2019 menu isn't coming out until January 2019, so now I'm just sitting here in a huge ball of anxiety. My FH is more picky than I am about food, so I've left him in charge but I think that's making me feel worse, haha.

• Allen
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    Decorations! To make sure I have enough ahha. My venue is booked, officiant was a little difficult. Dresses for bridesmaids are done.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Online ·

Deciding on bridesmaids. and now deciding on a bridesmaid dress colour.

ridiculous I know. I struggled with picking bridesmaids, because FH wanted 4 people on his side. and didn't want our sides uneven (he felt really strongly on this..it was strange). and I had a hard time narrowing down.

and then dress color. found one dress colour I loved. but it didn't come in junior bridesmaid size (niece is in our wedding...and she is too old for flower girl dresses). so then I went on a search for fabric color similar to have her dress made (legit...searched 4 cities in Ontario, 3 places in Michigan and a friends mom looked in fabric/quilting country of Pennsylvania). and NO luck. so then I started looking at other dress colors. I have found one I like. but haven't seen it in person. so that still could change when I see it. hahahha

• Tori
    Featured October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori Online ·

So far just the venue search but even that was pretty fast. We only did venue tours of like 3 or 4 places but fell in love with the last one and the rest that we have booked was fairly simple and we went with our first choices

Comment on this discussion

Related articles