Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

What kind of meat did you serve at your wedding?

Vanessa, on August 17, 2018 at 13:23 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

FOR RED MEAT EATERS ONLY!!!!

We will be having surf and turf but I'm not sure what red meat to serve! I'm trying to be smart and make menu selections that best fit serving large crowds. Any suggestions that worked for you?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 19, 2018 at 15:10
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You cant go wrong with a filet mignon! It seems to be the easiest to please a large crowd with!
    I'm sticking with chicken SOLELY because everyone eats chicken COOKED THROUGH. No one can complain about underdone or not cooked to their preference (unless it comes out dry)
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen filet mignon or steak often with surf and turf meals. I feel like it depends on what your seafood aspect of the meal is. If it's lobster, go with a smaller meat, if it's shrimp skewers, you can go with a larger cut of meat.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would disagree and say steak... however, only if your venue will allow for guests to select how they want it cooked.

We had surf and turf at my cousin's wedding, with a lobster bisque and caesar salad to start... it went over really well and was delicious.

If you go with chicken or fish it's no longer surf & turf. However a prime rib may be a more appealing way to have red meat, as it's not cooked to order.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just suggest to stay clear from steak as everyone likes it cooked to different degrees and venues usually only let you pick one (or only do medium).
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only meat that was served was chicken. Most Indian weddings attended serve chicken and fish. Some offer roast beef for the other guests that eat red meat.

Why not go with the small portion steak since you have lobster and have the right proportions. It makes sense for plated service. If its buffet, go roast beef and that way everyone can help themselves or if the venue offers a carving station serving your guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics