Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Expert September 2020 Quebec

What is your suggestion?

Shannon, on August 12, 2019 at 17:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

After he proposed in March I wanted to get to planning right away. But I waited a month or so to begin. We will be getting married next September 2020. After waiting a month or so, then I jumped right in and started to plan. In the meantime I have been teaching myself as I read articles online about wedding planning.

We have a venue that includes a day of coordinator, who will help set up everything with me, amongst other details for day of. She will also be working with us a few months prior to the wedding. What I have done so far is, booked our photographer, photo booth, catering is included with the venue along with the bar. We have our bridesmaids and groomsmen picked out. We also have someone to marry us and the paperwork is in the mail. Invitations have been pre ordered, along with a monogram. I have and will send save the dates next month or october. Idk? (what do you think) I have a guest list with half the addresses and emails collected. I started a dj list along with a wedding registry, phew. oh yeah, I have our card box, seating chart and welcome sign.

Im sure I missing things that can be done way ahead of time. I am really trying hard not to stress during showtime. Anything I can do now Id like to do it. Thing is, I'm not sure if I'm forgetting some other details. Can this lovely group help guide me forward?

Thanks guys.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 12, 2019 at 16:22
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow you have so much done!! what about decor? did you decide on an MC? you could start your seating chart of people you know are going 100%, make a day of schedule, hire a videograpgher (if having one), wedding entertainment (like a dancer or something), find jewerlly and shoes for ur dress, find bridesmaids dresses, hair and makeup lady, pick out songs for cake cutting, entrances, first dances etc.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Tori

Im happy to say I will have a late night station.

Dress shopping is definitely next on my list. I had no idea it can take upto 8 months to receive it! also we have rented a photo booth, so i'm not sure if I want to make little favors also. I figured it would come up if the budget aloud it. I'm from quebec so I'd like to give a little bottle of maple syrup also.

Cheers

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates - I would say to send them out at the 1 year mark but to be off by a month is no big deal.

I would say for how far away the wedding is that you are right on schedule.

Like Kelsie said, dress shopping! And then also look into videographer if you want one, favours if you are doing that, late night snack - is the venue doing that as well?, and then other than that hair and makeup?

Technically even if the list here on wedding wire says a different month to get it all pinned down you should do it at your own pace as long as it's sooner rather than later than the suggested date!

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I am loving all the planning.

• S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kelsie. I was thinking the same way about sending them too early. i'm so excited to go dress shopping in a couple weeks.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You seem very on top of things!!!

My wedding is next July and I have basically everything booked. You can look into florals, decor. Make up and hair artists as well - the good ones book up fast!!

I actually had my dress picked out in February so you can even start looking at dresses and accessories!

We sent our save the dates a year in advance. I would maybe wait til October for you. Lots of older guests called our parents saying they were sorry they missed our wedding (despite the fact the year 2020 was on the save the date and they hadn’t missed anything), or didn’t understand why we didn’t include the church or time of the wedding (thinking it was an actual invite). So save the dates a year in advance were tricky. We would’ve sent them once August had we known it would’ve been so confusing.
  • S
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome thank you. I'm glad to hear im on the right track.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there!

We're getting married the same month as you and it sounds like you've got a lot done already! You're basically right on schedule.

For ours, we basically are booked the same amount you are. A couple of months ago my fiancee and I sat down and finalized the vendors we wanted and which ones we could do without, so we booked from there. I think as long as you've considered that, you're doing fine! Keep up the good work!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics