Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is your love language? What's your partner's?

Joey, on August 13, 2018 at 08:14 Posted in WeddingWire 0 26

It was love that brought everyone to this community, so let's talk about love!

The Five Love Languages book is a staple for relationships and pre-marital counseling. Which love language best represents you? Which one would you say represents your partner?

Words of Affirmation means words hold real value to you, and you feel loved when your partner shares compliments, encouragement, and words of thanks with you - and you love hearing "I love you" said regularly.

Quality Time means you feel loved when you have your partner's undivided attention and value simply spending time together.

Receiving Gifts means you value tangible reminders that your partner was thinking of you. Even if the gift is something simple and small, you love that they wanted to remind you of their love for you.

Acts of Service means you value demonstrations of love, and feel loved when your partner does little things to help you, through small gestures that make your life a little easier.

Physical Touch means you feel most loved when your partner communicates their feelings through physical closeness, like kissing, cuddling, hugging, holding hands...

What is your love language? What's your partner's? 1

Photo by Michelle Chiu Imagery in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, What is the sexiest thing about your partner?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on November 14, 2019 at 01:24
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it's words, quality time and physical touch. For him it's the same, but we try to do some of all 5 for each other to show our love/affection/support as many ways as possible
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is definitely acts of service, FH's is words of affirmation

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a touch person, she's a word person, but we're both givers and love spending time together.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All 5 it just depends what’s going on with our lives
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My love language is probably acts of service. I love doing things around the house so she has time to relax after work and on her days off. She has her own daily list of chores, so if I can narrow them down to help her, I will.

Her love language is words of affirmation along with the occasional gift. She always surprises me with something small like fried chicken after an exceptionally bad week, or roses because they were on sale.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have aspects of them all but I have taken the test and unsurprisingly quality time means the most to me.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely a mix of all of the above but definitely more quality time and physical touch

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All tbe above to an extend. Depends on how its being into the day and how at the same time.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re a mix of all of them, but I know words of affirmation are the most important to her whereas physical touch is the most valuable to me
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little mix of all of the above

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both like a little mix of all of them. Quality time and acts of service for me, physical touch and quality time for him!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Quality time & Physical touches. I usually demand a little while where he puts his phone down and gives me his attention
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of the above!
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say all of them. But definitely acts of service & words of affirmation
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, it's almost all of them. Except gifts. Even small ones, we generally don't. We are much more focused on actions, words, emotions...

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Physical touch, and words of affirmation!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think for both of us it's rather physical touch or quality time. Both are sumer important to us, I absolutely love holding hands, even if we are just sitting on the couch. He loves all the time he can be with me, as soon as he gets home from work he just wants to be with me right away.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me: Acts of service;
    Him: Words of affirmation

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm quality time, acts of service and physical touch

My partner is probably the same as me

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are both physical touch. He is also words of affirmation and I am quality time.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both of us are about the quality time. The rest are somewhat us, but quality time represents us the most for sure.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me- words of affirmation

him- acts of service. He will make me dinner or just surprise me with chocolate sometimes Smiley smile

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's funny - I was just talking about this with friends of mine who had never heard of it! My FH and I are both the same things, but in different amounts.

Me - Acts of service (10), followed by words of affirmation and gifts (both 7's).

Him - Acts of service (9), words of affirmation (9) and receiving gifts (5)

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are both a good mix of all five. Sometimes I need cuddles, sometimes I need help, sometimes I need the time and sometimes I need an "I love you" with a small gesture/gift.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think both my fiancé and I are typically a combination of acts of service, quality time, and physical touch; however, we demonstrate them all.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me - Physical touch and words of affirmation.
    FH - quality time and acts of service

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics