Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is your ceremony music plan?

Joey, on March 27, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20

What music have you chosen for your ceremony? What songs will be played, and what instruments will be used? Will it be played by live band, soloist, or DJ?

What is your ceremony music plan?

What is your ceremony music plan? 1

Photo by Musical Occasions in Vancouver

20 Comments

Latest activity by Katty, on October 9, 2019 at 03:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A song was selected to play for the entrance for the DJ to play.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spotify premium.
    Data plan.
    Ipad.
    Downloaded mp3’s.
    A list of what to play and when.
    Pre ceremony playlist.
    Rented speaker/mixer/mic.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the ceremony we are just using a phone plugged into the venue sound system (we have hired a cover band for the reception)

My bridesmaids and I will be walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of Everlong by The Foo Fighters, for the signing it will be Hozier (I forget the song, FH picked it), and the recessional will be Fell In Love With a Girl by The White Stripes

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I come from a music background so I have quite a few friends who are musicians as well. One of my bridesmaids, who is a singer, will be singing me down the aisle! We haven't decided on a song yet. I just think it's so special that she will have an extra special place in our day!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been thinking about this lately. I think the music playing while guests arrive will be instrumental covers of pop songs. I am not sure what song for my bridal party as i only have my sister as my MOH, so is it worth having a different song for her? I just thought tonight that i will walk down to can't help falling in love with you by Elvis! But not sure. I have no idea for the rest.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ will be taking care of the music.

I honestly keep thinking that I have the whole music list figured out, but I really don't. The only song we have figure out is our first dance!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a DJ that will be doing our ceremony. I am walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years, the wedding party will walk down the aisle to the instrumental version and I will walk to the lyrical version. Then during the signing we are playing instrumental versions of songs from The Hobbit and Harry Potter. Our recessional is Somebody Like You by Keith Urban Smiley smile

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought we were just having a DJ but I think my mum is going to pay for some strings group so that would be cool
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ will be supplying our ceremony music. My vision is to have instrumental Disney music being played before the ceremony as guests find their seats. Still have to see what FH thinks of this though

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our church provides all of this! we just have to say what songs we want and if there's a specific song we want to play at a certain time! All I have to do is pick a couple of songs to play while people arrive and then our wedding party music and then my song to walk down and there will be a sound guy to take care of the rest

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ is providing ceremony music, which will be mostly instrumental/acoustic songs. Haven't picked out specific songs yet, but have roughly 6 months to figure it all out!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a friend play acoustic guitar for the ceremony Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t picked our songs yet, but we will have a violinist play at our ceremony (and hopefully for our first dance) and then have a DJ for the reception.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a meeting with the priest this summer - I think we need to use the organist which I’m not super jazzed about.

I hope we can discuss alternatives because I don’t want to pay an organist I don’t even want .
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ is playing all our music. We've picked an instrumental song for the bridal party walking down the aisle and then will change to Stay Alive by Jose Gonzales for when I do. Both are from our favourite movie - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Smiley smile

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have a mix of songs over a sound system for most songs for the ceremony, but one part I'm excited about is that my son will be playing guitar and singing a song while we sign the register! Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is all country music, we will be giving the playlist to our DJ to play.

Couple songs by Dan & Shay, Lanco and I still need to decide on one more song

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have a harpist play a mix of traditional Irish harp songs and traditional wedding songs. Although, she will play the theme from Spirited Away when I walk down the aisle.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just plugging my phone into the church's sound system lol. I had looked into a harpist but we are trying to keep costs down, and really, recorded tracks will work for us Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our music will be played by our DJ but we might have a cousin of my FH's sing for the ceremony Smiley smile

Not sure what songs just yet but we have a Spotify playlist going and over 6 months to figure it out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics