Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

What is the bride supposed to pay for at the bachelorette?

Sara, on April 21, 2018 at 14:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
So my bridesmaids are planning my bachelorette, am I supposed to contribute financially? Should I leave it all up to them?

I don't know what the expectation is.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 25, 2018 at 15:26
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfectly said! I think this is something that most people who have never been married and/or part of a wedding party would not know.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If there's something extra you specifically want, I'd pay for it, but in general they should be splitting the cost of the bride. Have some money on hand just in case, or maybe ask your MOH how much you should bring, and then that's her moment to say don't worry about it, or she'll let you know.

• C
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Offer to pay for every event, let them accept or decline.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think traditionally the bride doesn't pay for anything at a bachelorette. I would offer to pay for something as a nice gesture and always have some cash on hand just in case.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I offered to pay as I know it is expensive to be in a wedding party as is without the last huray with your girls. They said no need but I am bringing money anyway. I had gave them ideas of what I wanted to do and they picked from it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically they pay for you. If you have budgetted for it, you can offer to pay.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally they will pay unless it's something big like a hotel or if you're flying somewhere. But definitely aka ahead of time and allocate some money there just in case.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I agree with everyone! Offer to pay for yourself where ever you end up and let them decide if they will cover the bill! I think generally your party will pay for the party but I don't think it's fair to always assume that too
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always offer to pay. I full am prepared and would like to pay for my portion of the bachelorette party.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I offered to help pay but my bridesmaids didn't want me to pay. I don't know what the expectation is either, but because it can get quite expensive I just offered!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I offered to help pay but mine told me they didn’t want me to have to pay. I think it’s nice to offer I know these things can get expensive!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics