Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denai
Curious June 2019 Alberta

What did you pay for your photographer & videographer?

Denai, on April 27, 2018 at 11:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 35

I am just curious what the average bride & groom spend on their photographer. And if you decided to go with a videographer, how much did you spend? Pictures and video are the most important thing to me so I don't mind dropping a few thousand but I also want to be mindful and I am wondering what you have done or are planning to do? Also, how long in advance did you book them? Smiley heart

ps - if you live in the Alberta area, send me some recommendations!

35 Comments

Latest activity by Lor, on May 11, 2018 at 14:31
  • Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $4,600 for our photographers. 2 photographer x 11 hours + engagement shoot

So worth it for the type of pictures they do and the style i was looking for.

BUT i've made A LOT of compromises in our wedding decisions to keep costs low. Photography was NOT negotiable.

• Christina
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$5000 for the photographer for 10 hours

$2800 for the videographer for 13 hours

Getting married in Toronto

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1k for 5 hours.
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $2,700 for our wedding photographer. That includes an engagement session, a full day of coverage, a second shooter, and approximately 800 edited images. We decided to skip the videographer since neither of us think we'd ever watch the wedding video.

• Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im paying $850 for a full day coverage photography and it also includes engagement shoot.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Shannon Constantine, she does the southern Ontario area for photography Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is the name of your photographer?

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also getting married in the Windsor area. Our photographer is about $3,000 including engagement photos and 2 photographers day of. I found a student videographer who's going to do it for $500! Super excited about that 😊
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our photographer is Steve from Mitch Lenet Weddings out of Ottawa. We will have a second shooter as well from them. We had Steve do our engagement shoot and really happy with those pictures. He also came out to where we are getting married last week to get ideas for pictures and stuff like that! Our videographer is just a girl from Kingston I found on Facebook.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats not bad for a ontario wedding. Who did you go with?

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We paid $1100 for our photographer (thats for the whole day). We booked her in March and are wedding is in August. My sisters boyfriend will be filming our ceremony for us so we are not paying for the videographer. All the quotes we got were really expensive.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found our photographer here on WW. (Judah Paemka Photography, based out of Victoria, BC.)

We’re getting his basic package for $1000.
    We’ve opted not to do videography.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! Our photographer is $3,200 for 8 hours of coverage and includes an engagement session, and ALL of our photos, edited on USB.

$3,000 to $3,500 seems to be the going rate for established photographers.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I'm from windsor. My video and photographer are from 1912 picture studio.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're in Windsor too? if you don't mind me asking who is the videographer?

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying about 3000 for 2 photographers for 10 hours, including engagement shoot.
    200 for videography of the ceremony only
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No videographer for us. Our photographer is Littlewood Photography, and the price is 2050$ for 10 hours coverage, engagement shoot, and a minimum guaranteed number of photos (I think it's 500 for that length of time?) fully edited.

Naomi is the sweetest person, too - she puts up with me chattering at her on Facebook all the time! We've become friends with her over the last few months (she even came to our cocktail sampling evening at our home to help pick wedding cocktails) so I am sure she'll spend a bit of extra time if needed. She and her spouse are also going to stay for the reception/party after she's done.

Another thing that was important to us - we have several friends who are professional photographers who are coming. It is important to us that they can take pictures if they want, and she was willing to work with that. In fact, we have one friend coming from Florida who took our pictures at Disneyworld - we originally wanted her to photograph our wedding, but couldn't get her a work permit, SO she's going to act as our second shooter for the day. Naomi is happy to meet with her the day before and plan out working together.

• C
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow I'm in Toronto. I feel like here are more expensive? We are paying photographer and videographer for 10 hrs each for $5700. All images, raw and edited video footage, 2 16x24 prints with engagement photoshoot included. Other company we went to asking $6000. Photo album costs **** which is really durable quality that last forever. This is our 2nd most expensive expenses but no regrets as I know this will be our keepsake after wedding.

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Breeze photography, she is based out of Calgary. It will cost us 3300 but her style is gorgeous and totally what I’m going for.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$3000 for 1 photographer for 8 hours and a second photographer for 4 of those 8 hours. Edited images, online gallery, etc.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm spending a total of $1250 for my videographer and photographer with all day shooting. I got lucky i found them available on my date because they are so affordable and quality of work is great.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer is about $2500 (8 hours of unlimited photos, all edited images, online gallery and a USB, second photographer) and our videographer is $1000 (4 hours of coverage, highlight video, full ceremony video, second videographer)
    we booked both just over a year and a half out from the wedding
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing. our photog is doing this as a gift to us.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why I chose this. One videographer was asking $800 just for the ceremony, and I really couldn't justify the price, but I also really wanted videography. It was really fun to look through the videos that our guests shot throughout the day, and I loved that I had different angles as well since there were 5 cameras all shooting at once.

There was another company someone suggested to me, Weddingmix as well that you could check out. They are a bit more expensive initially because they include editing into their price (Wedit gives you the option to purchase separately)

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooohhhhh. i'm totally gonna have to check out this videographer thing. I really want a videographer but can't justify the cost (most in my area start around 1500. if they are less, the work is meh). thanks Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're going to see pricing all over the map for photography.. and I generally gather there are more quality, less expensive options towards the Ontario direction... and more and more expensive the more you go West.

It took me 4 months to find a photographer under 2 grand, for a full day in Vancouver... whose pictures were actually good.

We have one photographer, 8 hour day, 2 hour engagement session, digital edited photos (no set amount, she guarantees a few hundred, but won't waste either of our time with duplicates, if she finds the need, she'll go up to 6 or 700...). Total cost taxes in: $1970.

The cheapest second photographer option I saw here was $800, and videography is almost as much as the full photography package. So we opted not to have either.

• H
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $1200 for 2 shooters, 6 hours, engagement shoot and the rights.

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Initially it would have been just over $3100 for the owner (10 hours) and a second shooter for half day, engagement session and unlimited electronic photos. This was outside our budget, so he offered to bring it down to $2920 if we paid half in cash - that way we didnt get the tax markup and saved ourselves $200 which put us only $100 over budget.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography $2395 - unlimited photos, Engagement Photo Session, 8 hours of Wedding Day Coverage with two photographers.

Videography $1800 - 12 hours of coverage, 7-10 mins edited highlights, 4 dvds and with Drone

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re using Sonia V Photography and we paid $1500 for 11 hours of shooting, 2 photographers, an engagement session, a photo book, and an online gallery. Our videographer is a friend and is giving it to us as a wedding gift.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $3000 for two shooters, engagagement, album, all photos on USB, 10 hours. We’re using photo junkies out of Edmonton.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re using Memory Lane Video and Photo for videography they’re from the Edmonton area. We’re paying $2900 for 10 hours (getting ready, ceremony, reception also there is a drone in that package). They do have a video package for $2300 as well.
    Our photographer is local (Lloydminster) and is giving a discount since she used to teach me in high school but I still haven’t picked a package yet lol it’ll either be $2800 or $2300. Both offer two photographers I just need to decide how long I’d like them for.
    I booked the videography a year in advance and photography 15 months in advance. I decided later that I wanted video too lol so that kinda messed with the budget. I know you can get photo and video packages cheaper together so I’d recommend that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics