Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

What did you look for in Mua?

Rayanne, on December 2, 2019 at 22:27 Posted in Beauty 0 11
How did you pick your MUA? What is important? Are you looking for airbrush? Are you looking at someone to do makeup and hair?

Is it important that they come to you or are you going to a shop? I know I definitely want more of glamour rather than natural makeup for myself.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on December 11, 2019 at 12:06
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding venue was an hour out of the city, and because our rehearsal was the night before, the entire wedding party was staying in town. It was important that hair and makeup was mobile and could come to us.

For myself personally, as a fair skinned redhead who has never liked the way others have done my makeup, it was important that I found somebody who understood how to do makeup on me so I looked and felt like myself.

I was also VERY budget conscious, and I made sure that whoever I booked my girls were able to afford.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked at MUA on ig and looked at pictures i wanted then i contacted that person and made an apt.

• Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A good Instagram portfolio is a must!!

I think complexion and eyes are the most important, so pay close attention to that! You don't want to look cakey, but you also don't want to see any blemishes on your wedding day! Also, if they can't blend out an eyeshadow you don't want them!!

I think airbrush looks great, but there are also some MUAs who do an amazing job mixing foundations to create a perfect base that looks just like airbrush, so really ask questions and look at their work!

I'm having someone different do my hair and my makeup, but lots of companies are great at both! They will also be travelling to me so I have fewer things to worry about on the morning of my wedding!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked for someone who had Instagram / Facebook posts showing their work and had work similar to what I was looking for.

I also wanted someone within my budget and who would travel to my home the morning of.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm looking for someone to come to me the morning of. Also I have horrible acne. So my only goal is to cover up and look camera ready.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My make up artist will be doing both hair and make up as I did not want to have to pick an entirely different person to do what the other couldn’t! She will also be coming to where we are getting ready, and there will only be myself and the MOH. They should travel no matter how many in the wedding party, but expect that some may charge a travel fee depending on how far they have to travel. Also I took a few make up classes and wedding make up is slightly different then everyday make up and when you get all dressed up to go out for a night on the town. You do want to look natural but you also have to take into consideration the camera, as the flash/no flash the lightening during the day or night can make you look really washed out. Just make sure that they listen to what you want and I would suggest a trial to make sure you are happy with the look. Take pictures at the trial as well even if she/he takes notes it is a good thing to have a visual reference as well.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted a MUA that could come to our hotel suite, since our hairstylist was able to. I also was looking for someone who wouldn't hide all my freckles, so I was looking for no airbrushing. I also didn't want them to do hair, since my friend was already doing hair.

I didn't want a MUA at the beginning, I was set on doing my own, but my mom brought up a few good points:

I'd be nervous day-of and might not be able to do as great of a job and,

I wasn't the only one to have makeup done (bridal party and my mom).

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not even sure lol. I'll have me, my mom for makeup, not hair and FMIL for sure. Not sure if MOH will want or not she is really good at doing her own hair and makeup. I don't have bridesmaids
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not even having a wedding party, but I'm getting ready with my grandma, bff, and a long time family friend. So I asked them all if they wanted hair and makeup done since it would've just been me getting dolled up lol so it'll just be us 4 and the MUA still gave me the option of having it done wherever I wanted. If she had to go a certain distance then she'd charge extra though, but I didn't know it was a thing for them to say no based on the number in a bridal partySmiley atonished

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm pretty sure I going to have someone come to me but I have such a small wedding party I'm not sure they will.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I chose someone that was going to give me exactly what I wanted, which is natural with a touch of glam lol I don't want airbrush and sparkle and a crazy colour on my eyes or lips, it's just not my style and I want to still look like me. I also chose the MUA that I did because she also does hair and comes to me and is a local in my hometown where I'll be getting married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics