Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

What did you do in place of “shag” aka “stag and doe”

Madison, on February 13, 2020 at 08:10 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

We don’t really want to have a stag as neither of us drink or party anymore and he will be 3 years sober by the wedding.
Has anyone done an online raffle? Like through fb or any other way? What did you do to raise money that actually worked? I’m not against hosting an event, just not a massive party that everyone gets drunk at.

Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 25, 2020 at 12:46
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do a stag without booze. have signature drinks without alcohol. a stag is just for games and to make money. you can have food juice pop water etc.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

50/50 tickets sell good around my area. I'm sure tons of people in the rooms would be happy to help. Raffles sell too, Local business sometimes donates items for the free publicity.

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you dont drink, you should certainly not feel obligated to host a rager where everyone plans on drinking. Doing the raffle could be fun, but doing a combined thing where maybe there’s friends competition of her side verses his side (Such as bowling or laser tag) it could be a fun addition to add as well as an event. Some bowling areas people could still enjoy a drink if they like, but it’s not like going out to a bar or anything like that where it’s expected :b it’s not super expensive Of an evening, and if you like as well you could buy pitchers of pop or some places will even have nachos or wings you could provide for your guests
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although we did a Wedding Social , I think it's a great idea to do a raffle!

Just a couple days ago it was mentioned in a discussion by Melissa (Stag and Doe or Raffle) and most people had some pretty positive feedback.

I would think to go through FB. The easiest things to raffle (imo) would be a texas mickey and then also a 50/50 raffle would be pretty good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics