Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nadia
Curious August 2018 Alberta

What did or will you do after your wedding?

Nadia, on June 7, 2018 at 01:33 Posted in Just married 0 29
Hi ladies and/or gents, I'm very curious what did you do (if you are married) or will you do after getting married? I have been growing my undercut ans keeping my original hair colour, so I can have the hairstyle I want for my wedding day. I've also been trying so hard to not to get any uneven tan on my body by wearing long sleeves or tube top while doing my lawn.

After the wedding, I just can't wait to cut my hair and dye it with whatever colour I want. I love outdoor, and I won't have to worry about wearing tanktops and getting uneven tan anymore.

What about you?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Cherry, on June 21, 2018 at 18:04
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also growing my hair right now for the wedding. Once the wedding is over, I would cut it to above shoulders length again. I had been having long hair (to mid of my back) for more than 20 years until last Christmas. I cut 8" and donated it to the Cancer Society. Since then, I have been enjoying having shorter hair. But my hairstylist said I need to grow it longer in order to have a nice updo. Otherwise, I have to use hair extensions.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might not grow my hair, but I'm still deciding! If I do, I don't doubt I'll cut it after the honeymoon.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair is pretty long, but I have known to grow it out for a long time, then all of a sudden chopping it off. My FH and I are leaving for our honeymoon the 2 days after our wedding, but as soon as I am back, I will be chopping it off and starting fresh. My wedding is not until the end of September, so I will be stressing all summer about not getting an uneven tan.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't see a lot changing for us, we may splurge on a huge (not so healthy) meal. I am currently growing my hair out but I love my long hair and do not plan on cutting it after the wedding.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I normally have very short hair (I shave my sides, and keep it spiky short on the top), but I've been growing my top bit out for the wedding... I can't wait to chop it off! haha.

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just want pizza. 103 days to the wedding, 104 days to sweet, sweet carbs.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My hair was past my girls which is SUPER long for me! I cut it to my shoulders a few months after the wedding and already want to cut it again.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg ditto to the hair! Can't wait to cut mine. I had a really cute Bob before.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Afrer the wedding, we went back to our normal routine and back to work. My husband is a hairstylist and we both had our cuts done days before the big day.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! I was so excited for the "post-wedding chop"! My hair wasn't crazy long, but I had definitely been growing it out for over a year!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be cutting my hair short, this is the longest my hair has been and for honey moon I would like it shorter.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess my hair is healthy. I never dyed it, I don't use heat and I generally take pretty good care of it, but mostly I was just lazy about cutting and curious as to how long it could get.

I'm thinking of doing a half-up with the ends curled a bit and the top partly braided to keep it out of my face. I don't normally wear it down since it does get in the way a lot (and it's hot), but for this one time I'll do an exception. Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got married in the winter/spring, so tanning wasn't really an issue. I was happy to be white like the snow lol. I kept my hair dyed (I was going to go back to my natural colour but everyone said to keep my fun red). I'm debating cutting my hair for when I go on my honeymoon, but I'm not sold on the idea yet.

• Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your wedding is coming up! Hope everything goes well ♡ I got weird tan already on my back because I couldn't reach my back when putting sunscreen on. But hoping my photographer can just photoshop the colour. Haha...!
  • Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How fun! Escaping the winter weather here to the Carribean Smiley smile having bright nail colours is always a good idea after the wedding!
  • Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!! Knee length? You must have very healthy hair that can grow that long! Just my curiosity, what hairstyle are you having on your wedding?
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to cut my hair back to a more "normal" and manageable length, but I might wait a few more months after the wedding since I'm so close to knee length and I kinda want to get there before I cut.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a blonde balayage growing out... I just dyed all my hair brown last week... So I'll be maintaining that until the wedding.

We are getting married in January, and going straight to the Caribbean after, so I'll be using tanning beds leading up to the wedding, so we don't totally scorch Day 1 on the honeymoon. So tan lines aren't an issue.

I don't think there's anything in particular I'll be waiting til after the wedding for... maybe bright nail colours? I'll be going nude or french tip for the wedding/honeymoon.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve had reds and purples constantly for the last like two years so I’m trying to get it back to my natural colour slowly. I’m dying it brown from boxes for now then in early next year I’ll get it professionally done by my stylist to make sure it’s right. My hair I like long so I’m not doing anything drastic like cutting it off but I am probably going to dye it again. As for tans I a) don’t really tan I just kinda burn so I always use loads of sunscreen and b) I’m having a winter wedding. I’m going to pale af, I always am in November!
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Letting my highlights grow out and tanning however I want. Right now super careful about not getting a weird tan.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting my hair cut too. My hair is just sitting on top oh my butt and been shedding like a dog. I got 99 days til the wedding so I might get trim before but def want to rock a short bob after the wedding.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been working towards my desired hair colour, without causing damage, we've been working on it for 4 months. After the wedding I'll be doing a colour correction and going strawberry blonde, I cant keep up with the grey hair anymore!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have very long hair (mod back length) and was just about to chop it all off (collarbone length) when he proposed (i was calling to make the appointment the next day). So once the wedding is done I can’t wait to finally cut all my hair off.
    A good trick I’ve found to avoid the unwanted tan lines is to find a good gradual tanning moisturizer. I found that works great and have been using it for a few summers now. It can help make it so the tan lines from shorts or tops are not as harsh.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I grew my hair because i wanted a half updo and wanted to have wavy hair. I was lucky we got married in spring so didn't have to worry about the tan, because was super cold anyway. Also i worried about my face, because have super dry skin and my makeup artist said needed to moustorize as much as possible, that was exhausting even though it paid off. Keep up the regime will be worth it at the end, and use 100 SPF no tan then Smiley winking

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was excited to cut my hair! I had grown it out for the wedding as I wanted an updo and it was getting waaaaay too long! I was always getting it stuck under me when I slept which was annoying.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The tan thing is killing me. I live in racer back tanks in the summer and, while I always wear sunscreen anyway, i’m wearing long sleeves over the tanks in the sun. It’s too hot! Haha Thankfully my wedding is next weekend so I don’t have to avoid the sun much longer. Ah, vanity....
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Side of my head is shaved so i am growing it out for the wedding but I can't wait to shave it again, if I can find a hair style that works with the shaved head I may do that instead!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I too am growing out my undercut! (Its awful)

I'm a hairstylist so I tend to change my hair all the time, but I recently bleached the ends and gave myself shadow roots because I know I am going to want blonde balayage for the big day. I'm currently growing out my hair, but if I end up getting a dress with a really detailed back, I'm going to cut my hair again and have a nice inverted Bob. I have naturally dark hair, but I will keep it light so I can ensure my hair won't be a nice shade of blorange at the ends when i get married!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding isn't until next August, but I plan to do the exact same thing (tan-wise) next summer. I'm also not doing anything to my hair until after the wedding, so it means just growing it out and keeping it a natural colour right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics