Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie April 2021 Ontario

What decor are you struggling to find?

Megan, on October 12, 2019 at 22:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

What decor are you struggling to find? 1 There are so many styles and options for decor available now and with Pinterest everything seems harder to find where you can buy/rent things in your area. Half the things I find are from overseas and would cost a fortune to buy and ship here.

What are you struggling to find for your wedding? For me, it’s these table numbers!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on November 4, 2019 at 14:57
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, those are super unique table numbers! I wouldn't even know where you'd begin to find them. For us, it was our acrylic seating chart. I had to go to Facebook wedding groups to find someone to do it for me.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What decor are you struggling to find? 2I am trying to find glass vases/terrariums like these that don't cost a small fortune. I've started debating buying plain glass ones and adding black caulking to get the look.
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a neat idea! Maybe there is an Etsy vendor that can make something custom? I’m sure others would like it too and you may be able to sell afterwards to another bride to be!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This may be a little niche and why I am having trouble finding it: A table sign holder shaped like a table number. I have found plenty of one or the other, but not a combination. We are doing constellation table names and a number, but thinking of the holders being numbers to help avoid confusion.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NONE!! for us we hired a decor lady and she had everything like table linens, chairs, centrepeices etc we got a great package deal for it all!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m struggling to find a head table cloth.I am stumped for ideas on that one.Originally I wanted a ruffled satin looking one and now I’m just open to suggestions lol.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dang those look cool! Nothing we couldn't find - or rather when we couldn't find we made Smiley tongue

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Check out Costco.ca!!! They have greenery garlands that we’re gonna order. Very cheap in comparison to anything florists have quoted!!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Neon signs seem to be the hardest to find! Everywhere I find only does custom orders for sale which is too expensive!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love those table numbers, I can see why they would be hard to find!

For us it was greenery for the tables. Our florist quoted us $300 for real greens, and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that one something that would get thrown out.

So we bought some on Amazon and some from Michaels, but it was difficult to find something that didn't look super fake, but yet was cheap!

• Jael
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Jael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m looking for neon signs as well! Mine is like A word or two instead of table numbers, like “crazy in love” or “better together”. I can’t find anywhere that rents close to me
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I couldn't find a cake/cupcake stand, so we are DIYing it! Most of the stuff we couldn't find, so we ended up just doing DIY

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can actually find what I'm looking for but I don't want to pay full price. I want the 3 candles set. I saw a lot of them on sale this wedding season but I was not first to respond. I'm hoping whoever bought the different sets this year sells them next year lol.
    What decor are you struggling to find? 3
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me it wasn't so much one piece of decoration, but an entire table : I just couldn't figure out what to do for our seating chart / signing table.

I liked the idea of having a massive printed foam board with some greeneries around it, but logistically that was a nightmare and much more expensive that I wanted it to be.

A couple of days before the wedding, my SIL told me about this gold wire frame from ikea and a fake living wall she had at home, and it all turned out AMAZING.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes the things we like are hard to find. Something similiar to the idea works and sources will be harder based on location too.
    I found it hard for some things to get in canada when it was only available in China or India.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had issues buying a cupcake stand that I liked! I ended up buying internationally on Etsy though - expensive but at least it’s what I want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics