Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What day of the week are you getting married?

Emilie, on October 10, 2016 at 05:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 55

Hi wonderful soon-to-weds Smiley heart

The day and season in which you're getting married can have a great influence on how much you'll have to spend.

A. A week day

B. Sunday

C. Saturday

D. Holiday weekend

E. On a holiday (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, etc.)

Next question >> What type of dress or suit do you want?

Image: Pinterest

55 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 25, 2023 at 17:53
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on Saturday
  • Catherine
    Beginner October 2023 New Brunswick
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    C. Saturday
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A. Friday evening
  • Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on Canada Day so this year on a Friday, It made it easier for our out of town guests to have time to travel and not feel rushed.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A. Week day. Friday , that’s all my venue had left and I booked last February 😅
    I’m a bit nervous for the rehearsal dinner on Thursday if people will be able to book off work or if they will be late! I understand these things happen and people have lives! Just makes me a little anxious for the day of I hope the ceremony will run smoothly! 😬😬
  • Alana
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Alana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    D - the Sunday of the August long weekend. I had a lot of anxiety about having our wedding on a long weekend in the summer but all of our VIPs were available and excited! We are looking forward to spending some quality time with our guests!
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on a Saturday

• Talita
    Frequent user January 2018 Ontario
    Talita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C - Saturday

• Ivyo13
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Ivyo13 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a Saturday wedding! August 18, 2018.

Although the most popular and expensive choice, it is that way for a reason. We have many out of town guests from Toronto, and the US that will be travelling to Ottawa. Having our wedding on a Saturday means not everyone has to take Friday off to travel, as my Toronto guests can easily drive the 4-5 hours to Ottawa the night before after coming home from work, or the morning of the wedding day (our ceremony is scheduled for 5:00pm).

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

B: Sunday wedding

• C
    Newbie October 2021 Quebec
    Clarisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C Saturday

• A
    Curious August 2017 Alberta
    Ami Stensrud ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a community hall in a small town that I grew up by. I'm a stay at home mom so I'll have whomever is available come help me set up Friday. I'm sure I'll have a crew Smiley winking my family is awesome!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's great Ami! Smiley heart In what kind of venue did you get that deal? Will you take a day off from work to set up on the Friday or will someone be helping you out?

• A
    Ami Stensrud ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we did a single day it would be one amount, but booking for the full 3 days is cheaper than paying for just the 2 days. So Friday will be set up, wedding will be Saturday and Sunday can be clean up!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kim!! Smiley heart Welcome to the community!! I'm so happy to hear more about your wedding plans! What type of venue did you choose? Smiley smile

I can't wait to read you answers to the next questions! Here's the link to the next one:

What type of dress or suit do you want?

You'll see at the bottom of every discussion, there's a link to guide you to the following question and make it to the end of the quiz.

How many days do you have left before the big day? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ami! Smiley heart That's amazing! So it's the same price for a Saturday and Sunday wedding? Smiley smile

• Kim
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I choose C to be married on a saturday

• Kim
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like a fitted dress to suit my curvy body that flows a bit at the bottom, but not a train. I like dresses from Christiane Brunelle

• Kim
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to get marries on a saturday

• A
    Ami Stensrud ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saturday - the hall we are booking is only $300 for Friday through Sunday though
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I absolutely love pasta! We might incorporate it, it all depends on what we finally settle on
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cheryl Smiley heart

I guess that really depends on the type of food you want to have on your menu! And also your budget of course!

What's your favourite food? Maybe you could have that on your menu? Smiley smile

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are on the fence on catering and cooking it ourselves now, we're both very indecisive on plans!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure that will still be a lot of fun Cheryl! Smiley heart

What type of food would you like to have? Will you be cooking everything yourself with your family?

What happened with your potluck idea? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the rustic elegant style Michelle!! Smiley heart I think it's one of my favourite! Smiley smile They can really be mixed together and I love the natural feel it has. Not sure if I asked already, but what type of venue did you choose?

You could have a look at these for decoration ideas:

5 chic rustic head table ideas

10 ideas for rustic wedding style

5 rustic flower arrangements

How do you like them? Is this the style you are going for?

I'd love to see which ones you prefer! Smiley smile

What step are you at in your wedding planning?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Larissa Smiley heart OMG your ideas are a gold mine!! These are a amazing!!

I love all the flower ideas you have they look absolutely gorgeous! You should totally create a discussion about them I'm sure other brides will get really inspired from your ideas. Smiley love

I just love the two bouquet ideas you posted! They're so fresh, elegant and of course really fit your whimsical style! Smiley heart

I like the cupcake idea! How will they be? What topper did you choose?

For photography and honeymoon, I can totally understand your situation and wanting to save money. You could have a look at these ideas:

Camping on your Honeymoon. Yes or No?

Would you have a buddymoon?

Honeymoon in Canada or abroad?

And if you want to have more opinions, I'm sure brides in the community would be more than happy to help you. You can create a discussion to reach out. We'll all be happy to help and give you ideas!

Will your guests be allowed to take pictures with their phones during the ceremony and reception?

• Larissa
    Newbie May 2017 Alberta
    Larissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love ideas 2, 4 and 8.
    For me flowers are always so important and what makes me happy. My fiancé said "centre the wedding around what makes you happy". Originally I hated that. I hated that he wanted me to plan everything. I consider myself to be an "alternative bride" that way. I would rather spend money on a down payment on a house and have our wedding represent us than have myself be the focal point. BUT he is wonderful and wants me to be happy. So botanical and whimsical it is with Easter eggs (hidden treasures) of mutual nerdyness.
    I am not very crafty so my DIY's come from my very creative and talented friends. A friend of mine who is a graphic designer and artist is hand drawing my invitations, then we will make prints of the original. She also volunteered to do the script for any chalkboard writing for dessert tables.
    For centrepieces my wedding party and other close friends are making terrariums.
    As for flowers have chosen in season peonies, and originally had chosen the (what I think to be the most WHIMSICAL flower) King Protea. Which I would have in my bouquet only as well as silver dollar eucalyptus and seeded eucalyptus. Though thinking about it more I have decided upon another whimsical flower. The dinner plate Dahlia It's huge!! And beautiful. And other gorgeous flowers.
    We were originally going to have Donuts for dessert. However I could not decide on flavour and missed the topper. That saddened me.
    Now we are having cupcakes and the deal comes with a topper, mini cupcakes and GF cupcakes. Our tasting is in 2 days. I am excited.
    Has anyone else Registered for photography? Or a honeymoon? I am trying to figure out how to do that. It's me and my fiancée third year of living together. We don't need much but to save up for a house and big ticket things like Photography and Honeymoon definitely put a damper on them.

What day of the week are you getting married? - 1

What day of the week are you getting married? - 2
  • Melissa
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August long weekend. We are thinking the 4th.
    Although we may change to the 5th on the Sunday. But we still aren't sure yet. Lots of time to decide Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C. SATURDAY!

• Michele
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Michele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes that's what I was thinking, gives everyone some time to be prepared for the big day!

I think I will be going for more rustic, with a little elegant or the other way around! not totally sure yet.

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sadly no, it's just a short dinner to celebrate
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Michele! Smiley heart Great timing for everyone to get ready and arrive on time! Smiley winking

Will your reception last until the next morning?

I can't wait to see what you have planned for your wedding! Smiley love

Do you know what style you are going for? Is it more elegant or rustic?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics