Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Newbie July 2018 Ontario

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown

Leanne, on June 2, 2017 at 13:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for what colour bridesmaids dresses will go with a pink wedding gown. It is a very pale pink with a slightly peach tone to it, not as dark as blush wedding dresses. It is a David's Bridal dress in whisper pink. Does anyone have pictures of a bride in a pink wedding gown with her bridal party? Although I see lots of images on Pinterest etc. for pink wedding gowns, there are very few showing bridesmaids with them

23 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on July 2, 2019 at 03:13
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably more dramatic than you want but it came to mind. Found this on pinterest a few months ago. Good luck!

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 1
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe dusty rose for the bridesmaids, or magenta or even a pinkier coral shade. Depends if you want them brighter or more toned down. You could also do like a soft champagne sparkle for theirs.
  • Miranda
    British Columbia
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most pastel color bridesmaid dresses will match your wedding gowns well.

pastel purple bridesmaid dressesWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 2

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its up to you. I like the subtle light grey. Its a nice touch with any color dress!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this.

I am actually looking for a colored gown myself.

Yours is beautiful.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the best option is to go with a neutral color for the bridesmaid dresses. A very soft light grey or sea foam blue i think would go well. Your bouquets should be whites/off whites as to not introduce any additional colors.

• A
    Newbie July 2018 California
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had jewel tone bridesmaid saris with my blush/champagne dress. My husband wore navy and his groomsmen were in gray. I found that all the colors I chose ended up looking better than I expected with blush!

Blush with jewel tonesWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 3Blush, jewel tone and gray bridal partyWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 4Blush, jewel tone and gray bridal partyWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 5

• SailandSwan
    Beginner April 2013 South Australia
    SailandSwan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this is a bit different, but I had a lilac wedding dress and my bridesmaids wore white! So we did total opposite to each other, but I felt like it creates more expectation when the bridesmaids walk down the isle in an unexpected colour like white.

photosWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 6

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like a darker shade pink would work well for your bridal party or even a neutral tone like cream or pale grey.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is a bit of a blush tone too! The girls in our bridal party are wearing forest green, so a total contrast.

It totally depends on the kind of look and colour you're going for though! In my opinion, you could go with almost ANY colour! What time of year are you getting married? if you're doing fall like me, you could do some great jewel tones. A rich burgundy or navy would look amazing. If you're in the spring or summer, you can stay in the same pastel family and do a dusty sage green, grey, or slate blue. Or, if you want a more monochromatic look, you can do creams, pale pinks/purples and even gold.

Look at mis-matched bridal parties that include a blush tone. That will give you a good idea of some of the colours you can use.

blush and slate blue

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 7

MonochromaticWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 8

Jewel ToneWhat colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 9

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with a few below! I would suggest a slightly darker pink or a grey would accent really well! (and make your pink stand out more!)

If your dress is for sure PINK ENOUGH, this would be one of the only times I would ever suggest a white bridesmaids dress for your girls! As long as you do still stand out against them!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dusty blue would be really gorgeous for bridesmaid dresses if you're wearing blush!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like blush with a deeper grey or dark blue so that your dress stands out. The softer tones of bridesmaid dresses make your dress blend in. What about cranberry with blush?

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This response might be a little late but I am getting married in March and my dress has blush tones in it (the colour when I ordered it is Champange Blush) and my bridesmaids are going to be wearing a very deep and dark hunter green.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Leanne, I agree with the other brides. Here I send you some discussion that could give you inspiration: Bridesmaids with different dresses: YES or NO? - Bridesmaids dresses. Do you already know what are you going to do with your hair? Inspiration: Hair styles - Help this bride choose her hair style! Let me know. xx

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is blush and the bridesmaids are in mid grey... My MIL is making me a shrug in the same color and it really makes my dress pop... The grooms men will have silver ties... Navy is a great color, flattering on most, I would consider it a 4 season color.

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown - 1
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would agree with the ladies that have commented. I would recommend using a color wheel or even getting color swatch to see which color you like the most to compliment the type of pink that your bridesmaids will be wearing. Hope this helps.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is blush and ivory and my bridesmaid and groomsmen ties are going to be burgundy.
  • L
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your suggestions. I did try putting the girls in ivory but it seemed to make my dress look "dirty" in pictures. It is such a pale pink that I'm wondering if I need to go with something mid-tone to have contrast. Like a smoky blue. The wedding is in July - had another colour idea - but I was wondering if navy was too dark for a summer wedding? My fiancé wants to wear a dark grey tux. I'm also wondering whether I should put the girls in a floral pattern to contrast from my dress - or do you think that would make them stand out more than me?

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are a few of my favourites Smiley smile I really love the pale grey with the pink.

Option 1Option 1Option 2Option 2Option 3Option 3

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think complimentary colours or neutrals would be the best choices. If you want something really bright you could try these:

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 10

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 11

Or you can turn the wedding theme on its head and have your bridesmaids wear white or ivory while you wear colour:

What colour bridesmaids dresses with pink wedding gown 12

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are great ideas Chelsea!!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about a pale coloured purple? purple dress

There are also these other ones with golds, champagnes, blush etc.

inspiration

inspiration

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics