Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

What aspect of wedding planning are you worried about currently?

Rachel, on October 1, 2019 at 20:27 Posted in WeddingWire 0 51
So far, I have found wedding planning to be very stressful. I was convinced once I finally booked a venue I could relax...WRONG. I find myself being worried about our guest list being too small, which photographer to use, how annoyed the best man will be at having to rent a suit, whether or not people will be bored.

What is currently stressing you out about your big day ??

51 Comments

Latest activity by Sherrie, on October 30, 2019 at 10:24
  • Sherrie
    Curious May 2021 Manitoba
    Sherrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I worked for my mother when she ran a bridal boutique... I seriously thought I had this down pat. Pretty laid back. Nope. I feel so stressed out and running around with my head cut off. Partially as we are planning to have it 8 hours South from where I live. And not all my bridal party live where we are having it. I know I have still 18 months till the big day but to get things going and settled with that much distance is sooo much better in my mind. I find just hunting for a venue is nerve racking. The cost per person for everything, only plus side my sister and brother in law are doing the music and photos. So that is one major cost cut out but trying to set our budget to venues.
    I am wondering if we should of eloped. I know all the stress will be worth it the first time he sees me in my wedding dress.
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh boy do I empathize with this! My maid of honor only lives 3 hours away and I save most of planning for her visits. It can be tough not having someone to bounce ideas off of all the time for sure, or not getting things done as quickly Smiley sad
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's been seven months since the engagement and four months since we confirmed our venue and have a wedding party set up. Well my MOH is my sister from the States my other bridesmaids are my sister's too. Also my daughter and his daughter will be bridesmaids they are teenagers and pretty sure excited. My stress is no one is here to help me with the wedding. I Have yet gone dress shopping, no one to bounce ideas with. I'd like to get started with more preparation.

At the same time, I'm staying positive. I'm reminding myself of the many steps that I have completed.

Happy planning Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing your experience and perspective! We've tried to be understanding, and my FH is still maintaining the friendship, but this was just the tip of the iceberg of issues we've faced with them over the last little while. I think I've come around to seeing this as a blessing in disguise because I don't want the drama they are known to bring at my wedding!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This might be better news than you think, eventually.

I was part of a wedding I should have backed out of. My friends and icouldn't afford it, and added a lot of extra stress to our lives. To afford all the events and dresses and appointments I ended up picking up extra shifts meaning I had no down time before the wedding, and I wasnt the only one.
    After the wedding the emotions of another person in the wedding party came out and now none of us have talked to the bride in years.
    I wish I had spoken up and backed out. But I was ashamed and afraid to make a big deal and went through with it. Instead of some hurt feelings and wedding stress we lost a friend.
    Take the time to talk with your ex-bestman, and you'll either save your friendship or you'll be glad that flakey person wasn't in all your wedding photos!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean! Our big stuff came together easily early on. I've got a photographer, a dress (that needs some minor alterations), and a venue and our wedding isn't until next October.

I promised my fiance that I won't spend any more wedding money until at least January so no DIY-ing for me!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you have a friend or someone in your wedding party that you trust (and who doesn't mind potential confrontation) I would assign them as a bouncer. If your blacklisted guests show up their job is to get them gone! Then you'll worry less about needing to see them, and if there is a scene you might not witness it.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm most worried about the cost. I've broken down our budget, and made the numbers a little generous in places (like I know we won't spend much on an officiant because I work with several, but it's in there). It feels like we've both had emergency expenses like car repairs that have added an extra layer of financial stress.

I'm sure it will all work out, but I'm hoping there will be enough left in the piggy bank for a honeymoon!
  • B
    Frequent user July 2020 Saskatchewan
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They only thing I’m currently stressed about is the fact that my FH has not asked whoever he is asking to stand up for him. We are about 9 and a half months out, so he still has time I know this but am still stressing about it.
  • Adriana
    Frequent user August 2020 Alberta
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah we had to cap it for ourselves to make room for her guests because dancing is the ONE THING we wanted for our wedding
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly. We are in the same boat. We are at capacity and now there’s no dance space; nvm the fact that we already paid for a custom vinyl dance floor so who’s really even seeing it?! Ugh.
  • Adriana
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel that! My FMIL knows these people but out of these 20 or so people my fiance and I know maybe 4 of them... Like his parents are paying for catering but it's pushing the reception venue limit and she was like 'oh well if everyone shows up I guess no dancing' like the reason this venue was picked was because the one thing my fiance and I wanted was dancing. So we had to cut our list in case everyone is able to show....
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amen. My FMIL is literally inviting over 50 extra people and I haven’t even met them. It’s so frustrating that she’s inviting all of the people from her church - and some of them she doesn’t even know personally enough to write their first and last name! My fiancé gave her 30 save the dates and said listen... you get 30 people, pick wisely. She keeps swearing she will “cover their costs” but we both know she won’t. Why am I having people at my wedding who don’t know me or my fiancé!!!!! UGH.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wasn't stressing at first, but I am now. I still have lots of time, but I am back to work now and I find I have 0 time for myself let alone planning a wedding.
  • Adriana
    Adriana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guest list is a big deal for me and my wanting to please my FMIL is pushing me over the edge. My Future Hubby and I wanted a small wedding but our guest list got a lot bigger because of my FMIL having her own guest list and I have cried many times because to keep her guests on the list my Future Hubby and I have had to cut our guest list shorter meaning some people who mean the world to me and him don't get an invite
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m stressing about the timeline and having people enjoy themselves. I’m stressing about how much money I’ve spent so far and how much of that could have gone to a down payment on a multi acre lot up north. I’m stressing about the fact that my sister just got pregnant and will be due around the time of my wedding so her MOH duties will now be minimal. I’m stressing about my groomzilla hopefully not fighting anyone who gets too drunk or saying something stupid on our wedding day 🤦🏻‍♀️ Literally I’m a rolling stressball rn.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went with Luxel Decor for this. I found their prices to be decent in comparison anddddd I also rented all of my florals from them. They have massive table runners and for the amount of florals I wanted, I would go broke buying real. They’re good to work with and you can bargain with them.
  • T
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guest list is a big one for me. I want a small wedding so i'll have to cut some family. My sister just got married this past weekend so now i'm comparing my list to hers and if people will be upset they were invited to hers but not ours.

I also have no clue where to start with decorations, I have no clue what i want.

• Samantha
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now I’m stressed trying to find a venue. I found a place I loved but it’s not all included and the idea of hiring caterers, bussing staff, bar staff, getting plates, flatware, and glasses is all kinda overwhelming me. If anyone has words of wisdom please let me know!!
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now I’m streesed out because I had to cut my aunt & my sister out of my life because they are both narcissistic sociopaths & have a tendency of showing up even when they aren’t invited, my sister did this at my other sister’s wedding. Right now I’ve been having nightmares of them showing up, causing a scene & just ruining the whole day.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t stress! Try to find ways to make it fun for yourself like maybe browsing through a couple photographers and looking at all their photos to see what you like & the best man should know that’s part of the responsibility of being beside you guys on the big day! As for the guest list, if I could, a small wedding would be amazing! Easier to do the seating plan, less cost of food, etc haha unfortunately my immediate family is way too big.

Depending on on your budget you could have a planner, but if you’re on a smaller budget like me, I’m depending on some close friends to help me with some decisions and planning. It’s good to have a second pair of eyes and ears as you’ll be so overloaded with info as you look into everything! 💕

also this community is such such a great help! I come on here and look through other people’s messages and ideas and see if anything can help when I’m stuck, if I can’t find it I can usually post about it and get really great responses ☺️❤️
  • Dani
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am planning my wedding by myself, so I totally understand your frustration! The costs, the venue the food!
    But dont worry about having a small guest list, it is actually making my planning and budget easier to handle! Micro Weddings are new and popular, they allow your specail day to be more intimate! We are keeping it under 40 guests!

And one thing that I did to make some planning easier is ask your friends and co works! Turns out my good friend at work is an amazing wedding photographer and wedding cake designer, so we are bartering where I babysit her kids to get lower costs on photography! And her boyfriend is a chef so he is only going to charge us the cost of the food Smiley smile
  • Michael
    Newbie October 2021 Alberta
    Michael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Food. I'm a chef and am having an ego problem leaving it to someone else. I think I'm just gonna end up hiring my own staff and catering it myself. Good thing I know alot of cooks lol 🥴
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The cheapest I found was $5/chair :/ like soooo pricey!
  • Liana
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Liana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is renting chairs. Such a small detail and yet so expensive
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think mine is less stressful and more frustration. The wedding is so far away (I know it'll go by fast) that I feel it's too early to do some of the things I'd like to do. I have the space to put together DIY projects but I don't want them to get dusty waiting for wedding or what if I change my mind? Planning is great but having the finished product of the planning is so much better.
  • Gabrielle
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true!!! Thanks Tracey!
  • Jenna
    Curious September 2020 New Brunswick
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the exact same way, the guest list has been the worst. Just last week I woke up in the middle of the night with ideas and thought I jotted down before going back to sleep.
    I decided to make a “priority” list, and a list of things I’ve already accomplished. It’s easy to say, but try not to stress to much. It’s your day so follow your heart on all of the decisions and don’t second guess yourself.
  • Scott
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Scott ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

It will come together with time, than it won't be so stressful. If people offer to help let them, just be stern on what your plans are.

The only thing I have find stressful is hair person cause I don't trust people with my hair. My hair dresser don't do wedding hair.

Good luck, hope the stress subsides soon

Tracy

• Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, Madisyn. Smiley sad I totally agree with you in that weddings can really bring out people's true colors. I hope everything works out great for you. Sending good vibes down your way.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will be quite a long ceremony but it will be beautiful I'm sure.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far what's stressing us out is our ceremony, we are getting married at the parish that I grew up in and where my parents got married. We are having a priest and a rabbi performing our ceremony but Rachael's rabbi only speaks Hebrew and we don't want a translator as our ceremony is 90 minutes our faiths are really important to us

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics