Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

What are your plans for the wedding night?

Ashleigh, on September 25, 2017 at 10:20 Posted in Just married 0 14
Hey, get your mind out of the gutter!!
My fiance and I are trying to come up with a plan for our wedding night, getting away for 1 or 2 days. Our wedding is over at 11:00 pm. We thought a bed and breakfast would be nice or a hotel in Toronto. What are you doing?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Chloe, on September 29, 2017 at 12:51
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're booking a night at a hotel near our venue. We want to stay in a really nice room with a jacuzzi, especially since we won't be staying in a room that nice for the whole honeymoon.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented a trailer for the weekend that will be parked at our venue, which is family property, so we will be heading there once all the festivities are over.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at the hotel where the reception is. I have the vice presidential suit booked, it is amazing! And breakfast in bed for the next morning all arranged! My family is a little old fashioned so we will be having a second day with gift opening at a small meeting room in the hotel as well. But we both took a week off of work after the wedding so we might do a mini-moon to the mountains before our actual honeymoon, or stay home and just bask in the just married-ness!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Damn! My mind went straight to the gutter ! Lol We are staying at the hotel right next to our venue!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a really nice room at a really nice hotel/spa. It was amazing and just what we needed after a busy day 😄
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We stayed in a penthouse suite at the hotel where our ceremony was and it was amazing! The suite was HUGE (it had 2 bathrooms and was bigger than our apartment) and there was a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom which felt so good after dancing all night! A lot of our guests were staying at the same hotel so we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant the next morning and got to see a lot of them again and say goodbye before everyone left. The next day we started our drive back from Vancouver to Los Angeles. We stayed overnight at a B&B in Oregon on the way back but we didn't like it as much as the hotel. B&Bs are a little different because you feel like you're staying at someone's house and it doesn't really have the same amenities as a hotel and you can't come and go as you please. Personal preference though!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting a bridal suite at a hotel. Just for the night.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented a B&b for the night of as well. I'm happy that we're staying away from my family who are all staying at a nearby hotel. I think it'll be a quieter morning and give us some time to unwind.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be just going home i think Smiley smile we are planning a delayed honeymoon so will probably just have a day or two off after the wedding and then back to normal life until we leave for a month ir two a couple weeks later.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The night of our wedding we stayed at the hotel where our guests were staying, it was convenient as we were having an after party and a morning after brunch there.

Are there any B&Bs you're already considering?

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on booking a room at the highest rated hotel in the city! A little bit of a treat for our first night as a married couple! It's a little expensive, but it'll be a nice little spark of special. Especially since we aren't planning a honeymoon.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Until recently, my fiance thought we were jet-setting to Europe right after our wedding. We're actually doing that the spring after our wedding, so I've suggested a couple days either in wine country where we're getting married, or in Disneyworld.

• R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ashley,

My fiance and I are planning on staying at a hotel near our venue.

• Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're also staying in the hotel for the night! And we've arranged to have all of our wedding gifts brought back to our house for us, so i think it'll be so fun to come back in the morning, cook breakfast together, take a look at some of our gifts and just bask in our newly married-ness! I'm just about as excited for the morning after as i am for the actual wedding day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics