Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

What are your money saving tips for the frugal bride?

Kayla, on July 10, 2017 at 22:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Every bride can use a good bargain! I would like to know what your advice and money saving tips for the frugal bride, with a heart full of picture perfect pinterest DIY's.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 25, 2017 at 13:14
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose an off day (Friday), I'm borrowing a lot of decor my sister used from her wedding. Researching and researching vendors for best prices for things such as linen rentals. We're going to DIY any signs, place cards etc. We've chosen to do macarons and donations for our favours. Finding decor on kijiji, let go, value village, thift stores etc is amazing. Awesome news is anything you buy you can also sell online after. Theres always thrifty brides looking for a deal.

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! We are doing "The Soundtrack of our Wedding" - we are big into music and will be doing mixed CD's, and attaching a skeleton bottle opener, and doing only 1 per family/couple. The bottle openers are about $0.50 each and the CD's we are making ourselves.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will you be doing favours? If so, what is your idea?

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What great tips for frugal brides! We to have picked an off peak day, kept the guest list small, been frugal and found bargains, are doing pretty much all decorations DIY with beautiful items I have picked up for free, and are making our flowers from a wholesale order from Costco! Keep all the amazing tips coming!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is wonderful! I am making all our bouquets/boutonnieres! I am ordering through costco and all our flowers including ceremony and reception will be under 200$ Smiley smile Great tip! Beautiful flowers. AND CONGRATS!

• Kayla
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is amazing! Yes I am totally in the same boat, everything I have picked up has been cheap or free! And it is all beautiful! CONGRATS!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We kept our guest list to 32 and that saved a ton of money. My beautiful lace dress and shoes were $100. We made our own bouquets and I'm going to make my own cake (check out youtube for directions). Favours will be apple jelly in medium jars which you can easily find at thrift stores. Keep checking thrift stores like Value Village, Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, and Talize for flowers, dresses, veils, candle holders, vases, guest book, etc. I also got dark blue vests and white shirts for my groomsmen there. Spent about $10 to $13 for each groomsman. I also got things from Varage Sale like the mirrors for under my vases ($8), 24 candle holders ($7), wedding photo album (free). These savings allowed us to have our wedding at a beautiful golf course with open bar and still stay under $5,000.

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best. Thing. Ever. Fake flowers!! I just received my flowers from budgetbride.com i love them so much! Free shipping to canada and they pay the duties. I got my bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, bridesmaid bouquet, 7 boutonnieries and 2 corsages for just over 200 dollars! And they never die!

What are your money saving tips for the frugal bride? - 1
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my dress second hand, kept the guest list small, ordered invites from vista, picked an inexpensive venue, and got married on a Tuesday
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can save a ton on invitations by either making your own or sending e-versions.
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The biggest way to save money is to cut down your guest list. Venues offer discounts on Friday/Sunday Weddings. You could also do an off season wedding in the winter, which has a lot of cost savings.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayle! Love reading your discussion, it's really a important question. Here I send you some discussions that will help you. 7 Super-Simple Ways to Save on Your Wedding -What are your money saving tips for the frugal bride? -Diy wedding music- yay or nay - Diy invitations & calligraphy - DIY decorations inspiration The tips of Erin are really good!! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing your own music is a big money saver. If you have a friend who is a good photographer, or knows ones, and can give you a deal, that will help. Do a lot of DIY projects like centerpieces and decor. Buy stuff on sale when doing DIY projects.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics