Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Super January 2020 Ontario

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like?

Caitlyn, on September 30, 2019 at 22:19 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
On Friday I’m going with my MOH to pick her dress up from alterations. I’m really excited.

Though I found choosing bridesmaid dresses harder than choosing my dress it still was fairly easy. I looked around a few stores and compiled a list of dresses I liked that were available in the right colour. I ultimately chose to go with David’s Bridal since they had the largest selection around the $150 mark that I didn’t want to go over. I send my girls photos of 4 dresses I liked and they, luckily, both had the same dress as their favourite so we just went with that one. The photo is of the dress chosen in the correct colour (spa).

Please share are with me details of your bridesmaid dresses and your shopping experience. Even better if you have pictures!!!

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 1

23 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on October 7, 2019 at 16:18
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I could not be happier with the price tag of these and how flawless they look on my bridesmaids.

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 2

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 3

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 4

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 5
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my BMs have very different body types so I wanted something that they could modify to fit their body. One of my friends recommended this one (emerald dress) and it’s the perfect colour for my theme! It can be worn a whole bunch of different ways and is a really nice fabric. I just decided to add scarf shalls (similar to second photo with the blush dress) as well because our ceremony is outside in october 😬🍁

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 6

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 7
  • Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are all wearing suits. I have a bridesman, and I knew that seeing a bunch if dresses and a suit would big the hell outta me so I ended up doing blush suits.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only had two bridesmaids and they live across the ocean from each other, so I wasn't picky about style, just colour. The stars aligned and they were both able to get different styles that they liked in the same colour (bordeaux). Thankfully, Mori Lee is available in Canada and Ireland. My sister in law wore the first dress in the colour shown, and my sister wore the second dress in the bordeaux as well.

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 8

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 9

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 10

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 11
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a huge battle picking out the dresses, but in the end they were perfect for our mountain wedding.

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 12

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 13

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 14
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Https://www.dollhousebridesmaids.com

• July
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I didn't want there to be major differences in the dresses they would all wear so it works perfectly

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get it!?
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked 2 second hand and one brand new (MOH couldn't find one that flattered her) and I have one bridesman who will match the groomsmen. Everyone looks really nice though. The two second hand dresses match.

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 15

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 16

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 17

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 18
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh that’s really nice. I like that small difference of the lace on the back to distinguish the MOH
  • July
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Front of BM & MOH DressWhat are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 19Back of BM DressWhat are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 20Back of MOH DressWhat are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 21

I've been lucky enough that my bridesmaids are actually interest in spending up to $300 (the dress came under $300 which is great too) on a dress to my surprise. This is the dress they all came to consensus of liking the most in this exact colour. The MOH's get a different look at the back. Can't wait to see them in it.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! I'm glad my sister found something she liked that matched our colour scheme! Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my girls are wearing this dress! its great!! and no alternations needed!!!

https://www.azazie.ca/products/azazie-aja-bridesmaid-dress?color=royal-blue

• July
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness. I love your pick of bridesmaid dresses. The colour is gorgeous too !
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No pictures yet - but hopefully after this weekend I will have some for ya! We got them from a store here in Winnipeg called Hush Collections and they all got a different dress but same length and colour (floor length and plum).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used Azazie.ca since everyone is in different cities so getting together to shop wouldn't work. My bridal party has 4 girls and they had a choice between 2 colours - spa (turquoise) and regency (purple). They ended up picking 4 different dresses but they look really good together!

MOH dressWhat are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 22

Bridesmaid dress 1

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 23

Bridesmaid dress 2

What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 24

Bridesmaid dress 3What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 25

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally found ours at Elizabeth & Beau in Woodbridge but they were more pricey so I ended up ordering from Amanda-Lina's where I bought my dress.

My sister is going to have it altered to remove the straps I think and maybe add some bling!

This is the dress in the exact colour.

FrontWhat are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 26Back -What are your Bridesmaid dresses like? 27

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was so easy going with this one. My sister is my MOH, so I told her what I wanted (Long burgundy dress) and we picked a designer that she could shop in Australia and we could shop here. So she picked a dress first, and then I took my other bridesmaids out shopping and let them decide if they wanted to match my sister, or pick their own dress.

In the end, all my bridesmaids are matching, and my sisters is slightly different.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've started looking for my 3 girls but haven't bought anything yet. Only 1 is local; another lives about 4 hours away and the last lives in Calgary. I've gone in with the first two and they've found dresses they like at David's Bridal but the last one hasn't gotten in yet so I have to start hounding her to do so.

I've told them they can wear whatever they want as long as it's the same colour but I'm kindof considering having them wear different shades now..

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% there can be no complaining lol
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great! That way she can get whatever she likes best and is most comfortable in.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This one is so easy for me. I have only the MOH no BMs so she can pick whatever she wants. I told her silver, red or grey. I know she wants a long dress. I trust her taste and I know she will pick a great dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics