Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What are you tired of hearing?

Lynnie, on November 23, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Unfortunately we all know too well that not every minute of wedding planning is magical! Smiley star Smiley heart There are plenty of time when we all want to rip our hair out!

What are you beyond tired of hearing?

Are all of your friends offering a cousin's makeup services? Does everyone want to know what you're wearing or who else in invited? What question will make you flip if you hear it again?

giphy.gif

4f1ef9ad7d78a4d93deb33eff6d1e884--funny-

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on December 1, 2017 at 00:08
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé was gracious enough to let me pick out my own engagement ring, so getting unsolicited advice on what MY ring should be is really bugging me 😁
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Other people’s suggestions. Everyone has an opinion about what they would like to our wedding; to which my answer always is “oh i’d love to see this. On your wedding “
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm honestly asked it at least once a day while I'm at work. All of the girls want to know how everything is going. I'm so tired of repeating myself even though I love talking wedding.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree!!! I accidentally asked a co-worker the other day "how's planning going?" then instantly said "wait - you don't have to answer that, I hated that question!" Smiley shame

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was planning the wedding, I got tired of hearing "are you getting nervous yet" and now that I am married, I am tired of hearing "when are you having kids" !

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"How is planning going?", "maybe you should do this?" and "when are planning on having kids?" These are the top questions that have and continue to annoy me. I had someone at work ask me when the next baby shower would be...in front of the whole office! I just said "whenever you get pregnant". What I really wanted to say was "my reproductive organs and timeline are none of your effing business!!" I bet if I were a man no one would ask me these damn personally offensive questions.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! Especially the closer we got to the wedding! I felt like this question was taking over my life! As much as you look forward to the day, there are certain times where you just don't want to be focused on the wedding and your To-Do list!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"How are the wedding plans going?" You literally asked me this last week when you last saw me! Stop asking me, Susan. Nothing has changed. I still stressed AF about it, having the nightmares and trying to lose weight but wanting to eat all sorts of bad crap. Ugh lol

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same boat as Andrea, people keep saying "at my wedding...". Odly people really get offended if you don't take their advice, which is strange because they took no ones for their day lol

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My top one was: "WELL, at MY wedding..."

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"When are you having babies?" or "Why don't you do this instead?"

These two drive me nuts, especially the second one because its usally after something has already been booked and decided.

• H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"Sorry, we don't work with same-sex couples".

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went wedding dress shop dressing 6 days after getting engaged, and my mom, who lives 5 hours away, came down for that. We also had our venue (which included catering) booked before we were engaged. I think because of that, my mom thought we were ahead of the game for planning, so the weekend she was here she kept asking me "what about this, what are you doing about that" and I just kept repeating "it's still early. We haven't talked about it yet".

My mom and brother also continually ask if my nephews will be involved. We have finally decided how they will, but for awhile, fiance and I could not agree on this!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    "Are you stressed?" Or "You must be so stressed".

We honestly were never stressed at all during the whole process but every time we would speak to family members they'd always ask those questions and we'd be like no?? Lol it was just so annoying because they asked every. Single. Time. It's like they wanted us to be stressed haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics